• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Centaur a day...Funny Picture Stories 2/5 upgrade
4 4

1,275 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

That's the age old question

He has popped his button from bending over.

I'm more curious about #8.

Eating grapes in a trash can???

Well Happy New Years to you too! O.o

16 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

That's got to be a very neat piece. 

It was a Sunday afternoon.  I get a call from a guy who has some SA Marvels in a western suburb.  I go over and they're pretty nice but they were stored badly and all had water stains and I tell him I'm not interested. Then he blows my mind and says his uncle,  was an artist back in the "early days" of comics and he inherited his uncle's stuff.  He brings out copies of all the different books his uncle worked on and saved (Funny Pages, Little Giant, Detective Picture Stories, etc.).  Needless to say I was shocked.  I asked him if they had any original art but he said no - just the comics.  So I ended up buying the family archive and not the guys childhood Marvels! 

11 minutes ago, sagii said:

Another new one to me , ok, i get it: Centaurs are rare/scarce :baiting:

(And how appropriate this week! should repost on St. Patty's Day)

I saw that as I was posting and wondered if I should "wait" 3 days to post or not lol

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Here's a teaser pic of the next few weeks 

IMG_4552.PNG

How many FP 2/10 do you think are out there not to many i guess for the secret lies inside

On 3/15/2017 at 9:57 AM, comicjack said:
On 3/15/2017 at 7:03 AM, G.A.tor said:

Here's a teaser pic of the next few weeks 

IMG_4552.PNG

How many FP 2/10 do you think are out there not to many i guess for the secret lies inside

Now, that's definitely a nice teaser of what's to come.  (thumbsu  :cloud9:

As for the Funny Pages Vol 2 #10, I don't believe it shows up in the marketplace very often.  An underappreciated and undervalued book from my point of view since it is the first appearance of the Arrow.

Probably its scarcity in the marketplace is resulting in a lack of turnover in the marketplace, which can sometimes put a damper on price increases.  hm

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

As for the Funny Pages Vol 2 #10, I don't believe it shows up in the marketplace very often.  An underappreciated and undervalued book from my point of view since it is the first appearance of the Arrow.

An even tougher book in my experience is Funny Pages 3#10 - the second Arrow cover, it's now listed as "Rare" in the Guide.

25 minutes ago, sacentaur said:
33 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

An even tougher book in my experience is Funny Pages 3#10 - the second Arrow cover, it's now listed as "Rare" in the Guide.

+1

Yes, I believe a few of those later Funny Pages are indeed tougher to track down, and it's good to see that Overstreet has noted quite a few of these later issues as either "Rare" or "Scarce", besides just the Vol 2 #10 issue.  (thumbsu

Funny Pages v2/#1

as you will note the next five issues took a clear direction change from people to animals on the cover

these issues are generally quite scarce and rarely surface in the marketplace

IMG_4504.JPG