• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forums Greatest Dustups Poll/Discussion
3 3

176 posts in this topic

On 4/27/2005 at 10:10 PM, tth2 said:

Let me replay a few highlights for everyone, with some commentary from me:

Brulato: "Stop crying about the cut of the book or the centering and let the CGC do the job. That is why we have universal grading. Understand? That is a killer book plain and simple."

This was obviously Tom's 9.6 X-Men #94 that Jason Ewert was selling. It did not have great QP. Probably the first time I really started noticing QP.

JC: "This book sucks the sweat off a dead monkey's butt."

Still one of my favorite comments of all time.

JC: "Well, post your EBay ID and let us know when you've put your money where your mouth is."

Brulato: "Money where my mouth is? You might be suprised to know i own a 9.8 ASM #1 (yeah the one from 1963), a 9.8 X-MEN #1 9.4 FAN FOUR #1, 9.6 JIM #83, 9.6 TOS #39, 9.6 AVENGERS #1, 9.4 AMAZING FANTASY #15 9.6 DD #1 9.6 STRANGE TALES #101 9.6 TTA #35 and the highest graded copy of almost every other book in most of these runs. What do you own sonny?"

Possibly the most extreme display of vulgar chest thumping seen on these boards to date.

Old Guy: "Yea, I'm sure most of us would be surprised if you owned those books, especially considering you can't even spell 'suprised'."

Drbanner: "No Hulk 1?!?!? Worthless... "

Brulato: "good point...i own the only HULK #1 in 9.4"

JC: "Okay, now I know you're a shill. No one (other than a bong-smoking 12-year old) could post like that with a straight face. Jigs up. Est. time to Dena deleting account... T-minus 24 minutes."

famous last words

sborock: "This is not a shill account. Hi Tom"

Interestingly, Steve doesn't feel compelled to chide Tom for his uncouth behavior. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

JC: "That's strange, I never got the opinion that Tom was such a 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gifinsane.gifinsane.gifinsane.gif. Live and learn I guess."

Brulato: "How long have you been on this forum about "funny books"? I just heard you collect BYRNE X-MEN. wow what a player."

:cloud9:

29 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Momma told me I would go blind if I did that.

The Oakman/Kav/Colonial Mustard dust up of 2014 was beyond epic.  You laffed, you cried, you went wtf-

7 hours ago, rob_react said:

It's amazing how the boards have degraded since then. Back then, people didn't run to the mods every time someone said anything that could possibly be interpreted as negative, and the mods didn't indulge those who did.

4 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

This topic is so old, I am not even seeing the great variant vs. print run master-debators.

That's because 1. most of the board could not care less about moderns, and 2. hypesters didn't start to misuse numbers to sell to suckers until a few years ago.

8 hours ago, rob_react said:

Ahh the good ol' days. Wonder whatever happened to JC? And Old Guy... I miss seeing him tell people to fist themselves. Including me on an occasion or two.

Edited by LordRahl
typo

7 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It's amazing how the boards have degraded since then. Back then, people didn't run to the mods every time someone said anything that could possibly be interpreted as negative, and the mods didn't indulge those who did.

It was truly entertaining back then. There were so many characters and they were all free-range lol

5 hours ago, rob_react said:

It was truly entertaining back then. There were so many characters and they were all free-range lol

Some of us are still here.....lurking, keeping our heads down and waiting for just the right moment to slip in a fart joke or a yoga pant picture.

Just now, namisgr said:

Wow, this thread resurrection reminds me that I've wasted 15 years of my life on these boards now.  :grin:

Don't sell yourself short, I am sure you've wasted much more of your life than that!

27 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Wow, this thread resurrection reminds me that I've wasted 15 years of my life on these boards now.  :grin:

I'm closing in on 16 (+ lurker time)

:whatthe:

Edited by rob_react