• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forums Greatest Dustups Poll/Discussion
3 3

176 posts in this topic

The dustups down here are nothing compared to some of the 2002-2004 ones in the Water Cooler. Here's the one with the $50 bet that there would be no WMDs found in Iraq. I made the bet with Awe4one, who paid, and Bugaboo, who didn't.

BlackShotzy.......I MUST point out. I HAVE to step out of character for a minute (just ONE minute now...no longer!!) and say that whatever problems Andrew has with me, I genuinely like him. I can't rattle him badly (just a smidgen)!! He keeps his cool under pressure. He's AOK in my book, and that list is quite short in these here parts.

OK, back to character: "Why you miserable so and so, I'll .......

27_laughing.gif......funniest thing I've read so far..... 27_laughing.gif

All this talk of greatest threads usually drives me nuts. Why? Because I remember copying the famous Hammer Bag of Money post into a word document, but I could never figure out what I named it, or where I put it.

Well tonight, as I read this thread, I finally figured it out! He wasn't Hammer back then, he was Meth! It was a pre-Hammer post and once I figured that out, I found the word doc. (called "The Bash Meth thread" -- only it just had this post in it. I guess I meant to copy others, but never did).

So here, in it's original, pristine glory, is the very first golden mention of the bag containing 50 large! And Hammer/Meth, if you're reading along, I have to hand it to you -- this was one heck of a dramatic, over-the-top, glorious post.

To set it up for those of you who weren't around in 2002, or whenever he posted this, here's the set-up. Meth (Hammer/Comic Keys/Dupcak/and a dozen other aliases) and Supapimp were both going at it verbally, insulting and posturing and threatening each other. After a series of these posts, Meth posted the beauty below. (and please excuse my resurrection of all these insults, Supa. This is for historical purposes only).

"My God Super-Wimp, You're telling me that I'm AFRAID to see YOU on the street. Because I'd last two seconds in your presence. You actually believe that bigger = slower BS? What are you going to hit me with, your powder puff? Let's talk Martial Arts Wimp. Something else you know NOTHING about. Because you've seen VanDamm movies, you think it works that way in real life? Here's a money making opportunity for you Wimp.

You fly to me TONIGHT, book a flight RIGHT NOW. We'll get together in the afternoon at Stillman's gym right under the Brooklyn Bridge (I'll send a limo to the airport for you) where we can test your theories. I'm sure that everyone here would love it just as much as you, the fantasy of knocking me on my [#@$%!!!]. Wouldn't you like to be everyone's hero Wimp, instead of the Chump. I'll come with $50,000 CASH. 5 packets of black wrapper stacks. I'll put the money in a shaving kit bag (I just checked and it fits beautifully with plenty of room to spare). I will hold this in my hand. If you can take it, it's YOURS. Here's the drawback, I won't just be standing there like in the movies. Whadda' ya say Wimp? A shot at $50K in exchange for a few compound fractures. And it'll be a martial arts/boxing/wrestling gym with 3 rings set up so we'll be able to really go at it. At least you'll have the respect of your peers instead of being a mere curiosity."

So there you have it, gents! The infamous bag of money post. It became legend almost instantly.

-- Joanna

acclaim.gif no worries i exposed him for the crook that he is. acclaim.gif danny boy is such a ! makepoint.gif he still won't face me in public...wimp. 27_laughing.gif

the daddyslittlegirl auction

Which was that?

Some collection sold on eBay for huge money where most thought was too good to be true. However, the winner of the books for whatever reason was ecstatic about it. I believe FF contacted them via EMAIL to get their thoughts. I do recall the winner selling some of the "less" desirable books on eBay for a pittance.

it was about some guy in california (?) who spent 15 000 on a comic lot from an ebayer with (1) feedback, "daddyslittlegirl". it was one of those "attic finds" kinda - a girl claimed she was selling her dad's comic book collection from the 1960s.

the auction was looked at from left and right - and everyone thought it was a fake seller/buyer who traded feedback (cause the feedback was traded like the very next day).

the auction had one small picture showing a few comics. no supersize, no description of what was in it, nothing. all the bidders were obviously hoping to find a goldmine. another legitimate seller who regularly sells lots (he posts here) posted that the auction was fake since his similar lots would normally go for about 2000. but his auctions DISCLOSE what's included, whereas that one auction did not. so people *speculated* on a goldmine.

turns out it was true. one of our forum members (iirc it was FF) actually called the guy and spoke with him on the phone to get details. it was true. the buyer paid, and picked up the books in person.

this thread was particularly dramatic in the sense that ALL the indications pointed to it being fake, but turns out, there really was some crazy speculator who spent 15 000 on a box of unknown books....

BUT, what i realize that has changed the most as i perused the 30+ pages of that thread, are the frequent "contributions" that used to be made by;

Lord Rahl

JC

Murph

COI

FF

14 of spades

Major Khaos

Bonds

Clobberintime

Rocketeer

Joanna

Etc...........

some of these folks still pop up infrequently, but some haven't been heard from in quite a while................... frown.gif.............where have you gone, joe dimaggio"?

We know why COI isn't posting these days. Has Murph posted at all since the argument over FFB's Sgt Fury's? FF has also virtually disappeared. He's not on the list, but what happened to Blowout?

On 4/27/2005 at 4:17 PM, rob_react said:

I'd nominate the "Most Positive Contributor" thread that degenerated into a vicious flame war when JC offered himself up for inclusion as one of the nominees.

lol

On 4/27/2005 at 4:26 PM, Red Hook said:

@Scott =) Why are all of these links broken? 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

@Scott =) Why are all of these links broken? 

Those links are 14 years old, and it looks the URLs aren't handled by redirects.

The "typical" URL format for old boards links is something like this:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9712605

One thing you can try when encountering old broken links is pulling the "number" out of the old URL and substituting it into the URL above. For example:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=322791

It's hard for me to tell if that brings you to the "correct" place. If that brings you to the wrong place/thread, I'm not sure what else can be done :cry: