• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forums Greatest Dustups Poll/Discussion
3 3

176 posts in this topic

To take a few days off and then return to find this:

Lately, I've been thinking back on all the issues weve dealt with here, from the serious to the ridiculous. The flareups, the hissy fits, the departures and the shills, the Dupcak scars and the dealer wars. So lets create a top ten CGC Boards Events list and recap some of the fun we've all spent so much quality time dissecting and enjoying, shall we?

What does this line say about the Board???

Heres 6 without doing any research to start, but I know there are many more!!

Nice thread Cal.....and I forgot you share your B-Day with .....Asia Carrera..... but you have to admit, are you more likely to remember a hideous multi-care pileup at an interesection, or the fact that a cub scout was helping a little old lady cross the street?

I mean, some of these threads were entertaining from a totally hideous perspective. Not saying we approve of what went on in them. Just that they were....well.....memorable.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

To take a few days off and then return to find this:

Lately, I've been thinking back on all the issues weve dealt with here, from the serious to the ridiculous. The flareups, the hissy fits, the departures and the shills, the Dupcak scars and the dealer wars. So lets create a top ten CGC Boards Events list and recap some of the fun we've all spent so much quality time dissecting and enjoying, shall we?

What does this line say about the Board???

Heres 6 without doing any research to start, but I know there are many more!!

Oh Lord. I didn't think you were still slumming here. Didn't you run off in a huff?

No one remembers the JC vs. Brulato face down? Neither participant covered themselves in glory...

WOW. Wish I could read THAT one......got a link? Sounds like Ali v. Frazier!

Brad, surprised you haven't read it before. It's been referenced numerous times. Here it is. It starts out innocuously enough, and then Brulato jumps in, and then it just deteriorates.

WOW - i can't believe that i've spent almost 2 hours reading that infamous thread about the x-men 94 in CGC 9.6. what a friggin HOOT............i will paraphrase and use quotes for emphasis.............

some observations about what has to be one of the all-time classics:

* Tom B's book got picked on unmercifully (especially, but not exclusively, by JC).

* so TB comes on the boards for perhaps the first and last times (i think the thread contained about 10 of his total 12 posts) and kinda blasts everyone for picking on the QP of the heritage book (never mentioning that it might be his).

* JC takes it up a notch and the world's #1 SA Marvel collector loses his cool and starts beating his chest like there's no tomorrow.

* things quickly take a turn for the worst and MR B gets blasted by just about everybody (Gene's dressing down was particularly effective, yet tasteful....)

* JC let's out with quotes about being surrounding by a "blanket of wealth" and his "fat bank account".

* DR Banner and JC get into a long battle over the entire issue..........

* JC backs off from his definitive statement about how the X-men 94 in 9.4 up for sale will likely go for "CLOSE TO" (remind anyone of "WAY MORE"?) the price of the 9.6 in question (it gets trumped by 3-1).

* JC starts to get big rations of s*^t from some newbies..........

* thread starts to deteriorate into a challenge for JC to produce the "stacks" of GS #1 X-men in pristine condition that he claims to own but would never sell at such inflated prices. (they never materialize...........)

* JC states; "once the Reaper comes calling and the bankruptcies start, i'll have a clear conscience" - for supposedly NOT selling his pristine GS #1's for the new market values. this was back in '03 and now we're approaching the mid point of "05 without TGC!!!!!!

* Timely chimes in with his first pronouncement on CGC created damage on 40-60% of all SA slabbed books. 893whatthe.gif

and so on and so on - some real classic stuff in there cloud9.gif

BUT, what i realize that has changed the most as i perused the 30+ pages of that thread, are the frequent "contributions" that used to be made by;

Lord Rahl

JC

Murph

COI

FF

14 of spades

Major Khaos

Bonds

Clobberintime

Rocketeer

Joanna

Etc...........

some of these folks still pop up infrequently, but some haven't been heard from in quite a while................... frown.gif.............where have you gone, joe dimaggio"?

...We're here,...just don't have much to say anymore,...I was going to start a thread about pressing restored Hulk #181's but I think we've been there already,.... confused-smiley-013.gif