• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

Wow that was amazing!  The IG88 robot(IG-11?) was all that I hoped it would be.

A great Star Wars western. 95%

Stay away from reviews and spoilers you REALLY don't want to be spoiled.

Edited by Rip

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Just finished watching it.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and double down that Dave Filoni should be given a few live action Star Wars movies with Favareau at his side.  

Visually it definitely fits within the timeline. 

Cannon wise it definitely references that which came before it with visual cues to Clone Wars which was helmed by Filoni. 

I think those who liked the cartoon will really like this. Filoni's style was all over it. 

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Just finished watching it.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and double down that Dave Filoni should be given a few live action Star Wars movies with Favareau at his side.  

Visually it definitely fits within the timeline. 

Cannon wise it definitely references that which came before it with visual cues to Clone Wars which was helmed by Filoni. 

I don’t believe this is a spoiler.  I REALLY liked the slick homage to Clint Eastwood’s Dollars / Man with No Name Trilogy.  You will see it shortly before the third act of the first episode. 

I watched this and an episode of Goldblum to see what that was all about along with an Antman short. I also set up profiles for my brother out in LA, the GF, and my parents who live a mile away.  I am giving my password to three other households as Disney supposedly allows for four streams.   With the news of Netflix cracking down on all of this though, I am curious as to how long this will last.  I am on board with Disney+ for the next three years. 

Send me your password 

As a side note, they made more changes to the OT.

Called the Lucas final cut this was supposed to come on when it was going to be 3D at the theater.

Fixed a chunk of ROTJ, the poor scan from Jedi that was on the Blu-Ray comes from a new scan, looks a lot better. Other quality scan/color changes as well from other movies.

Plus re-did the Han shoots first scene yet again. (New line added by Greedo) 

Edited by Rip

Given the surprise ending of the first episode I now have the same question I had back in 1999 when Phantom Menace first came out.  The nature of the question is a huge spoiler, so I'm burying it for now.  I don't think the question was ever answered, but I'm guessing it will be now.

Spoiler

In Phantom Menace another creature who looked very similar to but also very different from Yoda named Even Piell was shown as a member of the Jedi Council.  Why does he look so similar to Yoda?  His ears are VERY similar, but he's much taller and his general facial features are strikingly different enough to look as if he's a different species.  At varying times since 1999 both Piell and Yoda have been described as being a species called Lannik from a planet bearing the same name, although both have also been described differently as well, implying various LucasArts creators mixed that up over time.  I'm guessing we're about to have all of that finally fleshed out!

Evaan.png

6 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

IG-88 is cool as hell.  (worship)

Taika Waititi provides the voice. Though critics are then carping on it because you couldn't clearly tell.

And in this one he is IG-11.

Edited by Bosco685

14 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Given the surprise ending of the first episode I now have the same question I had back in 1999 when Phantom Menace first came out.  The nature of the question is a huge spoiler, so I'm burying it for now.  I don't think the question was ever answered, but I'm guessing it will be now.

Reveal hidden contents

In Phantom Menace another creature who looked very similar to but also very different from Yoda named Even Piell was shown as a member of the Jedi Council.  Why does he look so similar to Yoda?  His ears are VERY similar, but he's much taller and his general facial features are strikingly different enough to look as if he's a different species.  At varying times since 1999 both Piell and Yoda have been described as being a species called Lannik from a planet bearing the same name, although both have also been described differently as well, implying various LucasArts creators mixed that up over time.  I'm guessing we're about to have all of that finally fleshed out!

Evaan.png

Spoiler

Yoda's (and Yaddle) species is different from Lannick, but like you said, they have been confused in the past. Yoda's true species has not been recorded in cannon thus far.

5 hours ago, Foley said:
  Hide contents

Yoda's (and Yaddle) species is different from Lannick, but like you said, they have been confused in the past. Yoda's true species has not been recorded in cannon thus far.

Spoiler

I did fully remember that Yaddle even existed until yesterday!  I did notice two Yoda-looking creatures in the grab below while watching Phantom Menace in the moment, but there was no close-up or speaking part for the other one so I mostly forgot it.  And in some of those scenes where you see Yaddle I thought I was seeing Yoda.

Yoda looks AWFUL in Phantom Menace, and Yaddle looks even worse.  :sick:

Yaddle.png

Edited by fantastic_four

24 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I watched the first episode a second time last night.  Don't remember the last time I did that for a television show.  :cloud9:  Freaking awesome show!

It really is that good. I enjoyed it even more the second time. Not that I didn't the first go-around.

Excited to see Episode 2 on Friday. :popcorn:

Did not like the scenes where he showed compassion. Wanted him to be more ruthless. Like when he asks the droid if he’s ok after the fight. Come on. Or when he tells Nolte to take the money because he deserves it. I wanted him to be more consistent. A lone cold gunfighter like he was in the opening scene which was the best part for me. But I guess that’s not what they are going for here. Still really enjoyed it but hopefully the Mandalorian doesn’t turn into some big softie with his current bounty in future episodes. I like how he upgraded (level upped) his armor. Maybe he’ll do that with each reward he claims.

Edited by Oddball