• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I have to agree. The binge thing had some fun times. But for the most part you feel left hanging afterwards waiting for that next season because you received the full season in one large drop. And if you watched them rather quickly, that only adds to the feeling of potential dissatisfaction.

I think it depends on the show.   Mandalorian is working on a weekly distribution schedule since so many people are talking about it.  Disney KNEW that people would tune in no matter what being that it is the first Star Wars live action TV show.  It guaranteed itself viewership for a few weeks at the minimum due to the curiosity as to how a live action Star Wars series would work.  On top of that, people spend the seven days in between filming youtube videos about easter eggs and areas of the episode that you missed.  It makes you pour through the series more and rewatch it a couple of times. 

I don't know if a show like Ozark, which is one of the greatest things on Netflix in my opinion, benefits from binge watching or would be hurt by a weekly release.  Ozark has a slow start and without being able to binge a few episodes you could have lost viewership from week one to week two. 

Edited by Buzzetta

7 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

I will agree with you, however I do also like to "binge" on shows as well.  Can I never be satisfied!!!!!

Well, The Boys definitely forced me to keep watching it was so dang wild. So I hear you.

But if I was forced to pick a release method, I'd go with weekly releases. But not these two-week hiatus things. That gets disruptive to the flow of a show.

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I think it depends on the show.   Mandalorian is working on a weekly distribution schedule since so many people are talking about it.  Disney KNEW that people would tune in no matter what being that it is the first Star Wars live action TV show.  It guaranteed itself viewership for a few weeks at the minimum due to the curiosity as to how a live action Star Wars series would work.  On top of that, people spend the seven days in between filming youtube videos about easter eggs and areas of the episode that you missed.  It makes you pour through the series more and rewatch it a couple of times. 

I don't know if a show like Ozark, which is one of the greatest things on Netflix in my opinion, benefits from binge watching or would be hurt by a weekly release.  Ozark has a slow start and without being able to binge a few episodes you could have lost viewership from week one to week two. 

Off topic but I almost forgot about Ozark, and agree it's a brilliant series. One of the best I've seen in a long time.

Thanks for reminding me. Now off to look up when it comes back.

16 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I got spoiled binge watching shows so I'm going to wait for a few more episodes of the Mandalorian to show before I start watching however my patience is getting thin hearing so much about it.
I have heard that Ozark is really good.  I'm going to start watching Ozark very soon....like this week sometime.  A few other people told me to check it out as well. 

Although with more talk from the Mandalorian in Episode 4 breaking the atmosphere of a mystery surrounding his silence, it was still a good episode. Not as strong as the first three because he loses some of that silent tough-guy foundation. But still, worth watching.

Gina Carano's character definitely gives him a run for his money without distracting from from the main character. And Baby Yoda (or whomever he is) still remains cute yet also a mystery.

12 hours ago, devilsrain said:

Weakest episode so far. They just can’t help themselves. 

They don't have too....

People will tune in regardless....

I'm tuning in, and quite satisfied every episode...

I watched last nights episode and thought to myself, where have I seen this before? 13th Warrior. I'm not sure.

34 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Gina Carano's character definitely gives him a run for his money without distracting from from the main character. And Baby Yoda (or whomever he is) still remains cute yet also a mystery.

I really hope she shows up more. I get it, she is typecast being an ex MMA fighter and all, but I enjoy watching her kick some :censored:

23 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I really hope she shows up more. I get it, she is typecast being an ex MMA fighter and all, but I enjoy watching her kick some :censored:

She did make it fun to see him team up with a fellow toughy. I could go for more of her character.

But I'll say I find it believable. Former orphan just cannot let a child be harmed even if ruthless with adults. A little surprised the mandelorian gang backs him up without knowing his moral dilemma. They also made it unclear whether he is actually a mandelorian or just adopted into it.