• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Darth Maul at the end?

Spoiler

Lots of people are theorising that it's Boba Fett. I'm not sure I agree, and also kind of hope he's not back from the dead. I know he survived in Legends, but if they continue with bringing presumed dead characters back (Palps, Maul etc) then it really lessens the effect and makes death meaningless.

4 hours ago, Foley said:
  Hide contents

Lots of people are theorising that it's Boba Fett. I'm not sure I agree, and also kind of hope he's not back from the dead. I know he survived in Legends, but if they continue with bringing presumed dead characters back (Palps, Maul etc) then it really lessens the effect and makes death meaningless.

I couldn't agree more

When they brought Maul back in clone wars I was like WTF!!!

but maul is connected with the syndicate as you see in Solo, that's why I thought it might be him.

Because the girl who had the bounty was an assasin for them.

Edited by Hollywood1892

Jon Favreau, who created The Mandalorian, was the doctor in "Elf" in which Sedaris was Hobbs' secretary.

Coincidence?

Carl Weathers, who is Greef in Mandalorian, played Apollo Creed, who's character's son's movie "Creed" was scored by Ludwig Goransson, who also scores The Mandalorian.

Coincidence?

:ohnoez:

8 hours ago, jcjames said:

Jon Favreau, who created The Mandalorian, was the doctor in "Elf" in which Sedaris was Hobbs' secretary.

Coincidence?

Almost certainly not since Favreau also directed Elf.

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:
2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Almost certainly not since Favreau also directed Elf.

Who do you think was at the end of the episode?

That little jangling sound they played at the end of the episode matched the jangling sound Boba Fett made in Empire Strikes Back so you've got to assume it's him.

15 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Who do you think was at the end of the episode?

The Wrap did an article on this that drops hints of who it possibly can be.

‘The Mandalorian': What Character Was That at the End of Episode 5?

There hasn’t been a lot of plot movement in “The Mandalorian” the last couple weeks, but at the end of the fifth episode of the first live-action “Star Wars” show ever fans did get something to talk about other than Baby Yoda for a moment. The last scene in the episode introduced a mysterious new character who may or may not be someone we’ve met before elsewhere in the “Star Wars” universe.

So in the episode, the Mandalorian (Pedro Pascal) meets another bounty hunter named Toro (Jake Cannavale) on Tatooine, and decides to help him with a target: the assassin Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen). Things get messy, and both Fennec and Toro are dead by the end of the episode. But Fennec’s death may have bigger ramifications for the Mando, as the episode ends with a mysterious figure approaching her corpse and kneeling next to it.

Now, we don’t see enough of this new character to be able to positively identify who it is. But we do hear things that are making a lot of fans think this person is actually a fan-favorite “Star Wars” character.

The best guess that anybody has at this point is that this mysterious person is, in fact, the famed bounty hunter Boba Fett. Yeah, I know, the last time we saw that guy he got knocked into the Sarlacc in “Return of the Jedi.” In the current version of the “Star Wars” continuity, Boba Fett’s fate is unknown. But in the Expanded Universe prior to the Disney era he escaped that pit and returned to his bounty hunting ways.

So what makes everyone think this is Boba Fett? Well, the cape is one clue, but lots of “Star Wars” characters wear capes so that’s hardly conclusive. The much bigger clues are actually a pair of sound effects that play during this brief scene. The biggest tell is that when this character walks we hear a sort of jangling sound — like spurs. When Boba Fett appeared in “The Empire Strikes Back,” we heard that same sound when he walked.

Maybe that’s just a coincidence, though. But the other sound we hear is so weirdly specific that it’s tough to ignore its significance. At the beginning of the shot of this mystery character walking up to the corpse, we hear some beeping and whirring that sounds like a droid. But we’ve heard this exact sequence of beeping and whirring before, in a “Star Wars” movie. Specifically, the Special Edition of the original film, “A New Hope.”

George Lucas’s update to the film in 1997 added an old deleted scene where Han Solo talks to Jabba the Hutt about how he’s gonna repay his debt, and Boba Fett walks through the shot at the end of the scene. And when he does, we hear that same droid-esque sound effect from this scene in “The Mandalorian.” If you wanna compare, here’s a YouTube video of all of Boba Fett’s scenes, queued up to that “A New Hope” scene:

That’s all the evidence we have, but honestly it’s pretty convincing.

33 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

So what makes everyone think this is Boba Fett? Well, the cape is one clue, but lots of “Star Wars” characters wear capes so that’s hardly conclusive.

The cape is actually a clue AGAINST it being Fett.  In the films we saw him in Fett never wore a long cape, he wore a short one that cut off roughly at the mid-thigh level, whereas the guy in last episode had a cape that went all the way down to his feet.  That's just as circumstantial as the jangling sound though since he could wear any cape he wants.

Edited by fantastic_four

I actually really hope the mystery character is a fake out, and not really Fett (who should remain dead). I really would love it to be a take on Jodo Kast, who wore Mandalorian armor even though he wasn't one and eventually took the name Boba Fett (and painted his own armor to match) in order to get high paying jobs. He could be the one there and perhaps 1) want's revenge for killing his high value target and 2) realizes Mando has a much better quality armor than the knock off one he is wearing and wants to claim it for himself.

I’m guessing it’s Boba Fett and that they will have him be a story arc leading right up to the “rise of skywalker”. They want to build up as much nostalgia love as possible via cross promotion and maybe offset some fan dislike of the next movie.

Cynical yeah but sounds like something the mouse would do.

6 hours ago, zhamlau said:

I’m guessing it’s Boba Fett and that they will have him be a story arc leading right up to the “rise of skywalker”. They want to build up as much nostalgia love as possible via cross promotion and maybe offset some fan dislike of the next movie.

Cynical yeah but sounds like something the mouse would do.

source-3.gif