• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

That was 100% Taika Waititi since it's the only episode he directed.  Sounded like it could have come straight out of Thor: Ragnarok or What We Do In the Shadows.

While it is 100% his style to get characters interacting like that in such a casual way, I took it to be more of a call back to the Troopers parody years ago.

On 1/5/2020 at 1:55 PM, fantastic_four said:

That was 100% Taika Waititi since it's the only episode he directed.  Sounded like it could have come straight out of Thor: Ragnarok or What We Do In the Shadows.

Highly underrated and excellent film

BIg bucket of win for this show. Soothed every ache I'd had since Force Awakens came out! The terse dialogues and atmosphere were by far superb, with some of the post Empire planets reminding me of post Soviet Russia in some ways, even.

It was also nice to see Carl Weathers, Richard Ayoade, and Clancy Brown for the first time in a long while!

I am intrigued to see what part Baby Yoda plays in the future of the Jedi order...if he does at all. Also what the canon is going to be for the Mandalorians in the Disney Star Wars 'verse. Hopefully we'll see a physical release soon, as I know the 4K masters of the Star Wars movies are coming out sometime early this year.

Edited by Skylath

Some guy asked on that tweet if Lucas-San would direct and episode and considering the wide array of talent like Favreau and Taika Waititi I wouldn't mind seeing a bit of the "old Lucas magic", prequel trilogy opinions aside.

Also I wonder if we'll get an explanation for what happened to Mando and Baby Yoda shortly before and during the times of Force Awakens-Rise of Skywalker...

Edited by Skylath

The first season of The Mandalorian ended with Giancarlo Esposito's Moff Gideon making it clear that he wants to get his hands on The Child...by any means necessary. While he wields the legendary Darksaber, his motivations remain a mystery, but many fans suspect that he'll play a key role in bringing Emperor Palpatine back from the dead or forming The First Order. 

We'll have to wait and see on that front, but during a recent interview, Esposito dropped some interesting clues about the villain's motivations and what that could mean in season two. 

"Like any great leader or scientist - clue, clue, clue - with someone who is advanced in a certain way, yeah, you could want to be their best friend, or you could want to co-opt what is inside them to figure out how to make all of us a little better at humanity. So it's that power and control of a Moff leader who is trying to put the universe back together. But, how does he know everything?"

"How does he know everything that's going on?" the actor continues. "He's a very interesting character and I'm so honored to be a part of this production."

Here's that full interview along with the best quote from it:

https://www.ign.com/articles/the-mandalorian-season-2-moff-gideon-baby-yoda-darksaber

"My four daughters watch this and obviously the world is like, 'It's the Baby Yoda show,' and I'm never jealous or have any problem with that, but I have to say, two of my daughters texted me and two of them [called] me: 'Papa, please don't hurt that baby. Don't hurt that baby.' And I said, 'I will squash that little big-eared *spoon*,'" Esposito told IGN (with a fittingly evil laugh)

Edited by fantastic_four