• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

It looks like Boba Fett’s return is now confirmed for The Mandalorian!

The credit and listing comes from a portal from Temuera Morrison’s New Zealand agency Robert Bruce Agency that links to a CV on Showcast (the latter spotted by Making Star Wars) where it clearly states his role is Boba Fett on the series. This is more official than a random website since his own agency is putting this CV together on his behalf.

boba-fett_confirmed_the-mandalorian_.thumb.png.40e964f2af9c939994e0e90427a925e8.png

This would confirm The Hollywood Reporter‘s original report from May that Morrison was playing Boba Fett.

Given Morrison’s age there is an expectation this could be a voice over role given that Boba Fett wouldn’t be pushing 60 as the timeline of the series takes place five years after the events of Star Wars: Return of The Jedi. That is unless they attempt to de-age the actor digitally.

People have suggested he would be playing Rex from Clone Wars and Rebels because he would be the right age, but this listing says the role is specifically Fett.

In May, it was reported by The Hollywood Reporter that Justified actor Timothy Olyphant joined the series and Slash Film mentioned that he filmed scenes in the Boba Fett armor suggesting the role could be playing Cobb Vanth. Some people believed this was the character approaching Fennec Shand on Tatooine at the end of The Gunslinger.

Our sources have confirmed to us that Olyphant filmed scenes wearing Boba Fett’s Mandalorian armor for the upcoming second season of The Mandalorian. 

Vanth is the self-appointed sheriff of the Tatooine-based settlement Freetown. He wears a mysterious set of Mandalorian armor that was acquired from Jawas who scavenged the wreckage of Jabba the Hutt’s sail barge shortly after the events of Return of the Jedi. 

The second season will begin airing on Disney+ starting October 30th.

Well, this is a disappointing development if true.

I could kind of understand an actor's desire to have his face seen if he was in the armor the majority of the time...but even that assumes that actor read all the scripts and memorized all the lines will simultaneously remaining somehow oblivious to the fact that the character he's portraying is part of a group that has a central creed that they never remove their helmets.   I mean seriously, how many times were we as an audience reminded of that during season 1?

But if what is stated above is true and it's stunt doubles who are in the armor the vast majority of the time and Pascal is just mainly doing ADR work, then this seems somewhat akin to one of the voice actors for Clone Wars suddenly throwing a fit that the audience can't see their face.

Don't get me wrong, I think Pascal's performance certainly adds a lot to the part, and I'm really big on maintaining continuity, especially on a show that I think is doing so well.  But if Pascal seriously thinks his participation in this show is what's made it such a huge hit he must have the ego the size of a Star Destroyer.

I always assumed that the reveal in episode 8 was to appease the curiosity of the audience.  I'm wondering now if it was done instead to appease the lead actor...which, if so, was a huge mistake as seems to have just left him wanting more.

One of the things that impressed me initially about the Mandalorian is that an actor could set his ego aside and play a role where his face wouldn't been seen most of the time, if ever.  Boy, did I get that wrong.  Coincidentally, my respect for body and stunt doubles on this show just went WAY up.

While I'd be a bit disappointed if that had to abruptly shift story gears because of a primadonnna actor, one of the brilliant aspects of the show is that it deals with a group that subordinates it's individuality to the tribe, so really any one of them can be the titular "Mandalorian".   If they can make it somehow work with Pascal without compromising the story integrity of the show then fine.  But if not, oh well, don't let the airlock hit you on the way out.  I'd be much more worried about the creative team being broken up at this point. 

I thought the first season was decent but Pedro Pascal, who is a great actor, definitely felt under utilized.  I was surprised to see them reveal his face and it felt rather pointless with that minor inclusion of it.  The show will go on without him very easily if that is the case.  

Mandalorian definitely felt like Star Wars but it was still over the top cheesy at points leaning too much on the cutesy elements of a baby Yoda.  I didn't care for Gina Carano at all either.  She's a bad@ss in real life but didn't care at all for her acting in the show.

Until this Pedro Pascal situation comes out from a very credible source, I'd hold off in passing judgment. It all started from a story Grace Randolph slowly released to build market traction. Then many of her feeder 'studio insiders' built upon any details they could plug into it.

STAR WARS 'POWDER KEG': PEDRO PASCAL PROBLEMS WITH MANDALORIAN

YouTuber Grace Randolph doubles down on what she has said about Star Wars problems surrounding The Mandalorian Season 2, which sounds like there might be issues with star Pedro Pascal.

A week ago saw Randolph state that Disney isn't at all happy with The Mandalorian Season 2 trailer (which has yet to be released) and also that there is some sort of "big problem" that occurred while filming that caused a big shift halfway through the second season involving Pedro Pascal's titular character.

On Tuesday, Entertainment Weekly revealed first look images at The Mandalorian Season 2, with the interview, interestingly enough, confirming what Grace said about a shift through the season:

And while the first season’s episodes very strictly focused on Mando, season 2 adds new storytelling angles. “As we introduce other characters, there are opportunities to follow different storylines,” Favreau says. “The world was really captivated by Game of Thrones and how that evolved as the characters followed different storylines — that's very appealing to me as an audience member.”

While Grace Randolph didn't specifically mention problems with Pedro Pascal, she questions why would you shift away from The Mandalorian in a show called The Mandalorian, so obviously we can do the math.

"So basically, I know something about The Mandalorian that I can't really tell you for a couple of reasons. First, when it started, I couldn't tell you because it would get the person who told me in trouble," explains Randolph on YouTube. "This is the group that kept Baby Yoda a secret, so they know what they are doing. So that put me in a difficult decision, and then I was like, 'Well, you know what, this is so huge, that if I hint at it, maybe another reporter will break the story, and then I can cover it. Right [laughs]?"

Randolph continues: "And instead, all these reporters decided to hardcore defend Disney, for some reason, and it was really weird because some of them were like, 'The publicist told me that everything with the show is going great,' and you're like, 'Of course the publicist is going to tell you everything with the show is going great.' It's like, 'Of course they will.' It's like if you ask Richard Nixon and say, 'Hey, by the way, did you break into the Democratic headquarters at Watergate?' He'd be like, 'No, of course not.' And they would be like, 'Oh, okay. Thanks.' [laughs]. This is like... It's not good for Disney."

Regarding why Grace Randolph just won't say what she has been told about The Mandalorian, she says she is waiting to hear back from a source in regards to what the current situation is because things might have been patched up.

"I have to say this morning, I double-checked with another source who I know who has very good Star Wars connections, and I said, 'Can you help me out with this? Can you tell me if this situation is still what I heard? Because what I heard happened a couple months back while they were filming," says Randolph. " And so this person, the source told me, it happened. It's definitely true, but my source is working to find out what the current situation is. Because Star Wars is such a powder keg, that I don't want to say something and then have the people or person in question be like... And honestly, defend themselves, I totally understand, and say, 'Oh, no. That's not true,' because, you know, things have been patched up."

Randolph adds: "I think there is a chance that things have been patched up to protect Season 3, but because of what was said in the Entertainment Weekly article today, I am able to move a little bit further in what I know and that they actually admitted that halfway through - they even used the halfway mark. I mean thank you so much. That really helps me out. They weren't even like, 'Oh, at some point, they were like 'halfway' exactly what I told you - They were like 'halfway we are going to switch to totally different characters.'

On 9/19/2020 at 10:13 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Listen to the voice-over he includes to this entire story. Like he was there first-hand but admits throughout 'Not that I am directly involved'. This is how bad off 'studio reporting' has gotten. There are insiders. And then there are insiders to the insiders. And all feed off of one another for advertising dollars.

"I'M HERE TO REPORT TO YOU WHAT GRACE RANDOLPH REPORTED TO EVERYONE. AND PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK MY SUBSCRIBE BUTTON WHILE VIEWING THIS!"

The Youtuber admits his understanding is based on what he is hearing from other reporting sites.

Edited by Bosco685

16 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Listen to the voice-over he includes to this entire story. Like he was there first-hand but admits throughout 'Not that I am directly involved'. This is how bad off 'studio reporting' has gotten. There are insiders. And then there are insiders to the insiders. And all feed off of one another for advertising dollars.

"I'M HERE TO REPORT TO YOU WHAT GRACE RANDOLPH REPORTED TO EVERYONE. AND PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK MY SUBSCRIBE BUTTON WHILE VIEWING THIS!"

The Youtuber admits his understanding is based on what he is hearing from other reporting sites.

I hope this drama doesn't impact what has been a fun show.

1 minute ago, piper said:

I hope this drama doesn't impact what has been a fun show.

I have to agree. I have really enjoyed this show. So I hate to see any real or mocked-up drama associated with yet another Star Wars production.

Let this one continue on being fun.

One of the most important things stated in that video:

"DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT IT MEANS TO DISMISS YOUR LEADING MAN FROM THE PREMIERE DISNEY PLUS TV SHOW? WE WOULD HAVE HEARD ABOUT THIS FROM BOTH PEDRO PASCAL'S PEOPLE AND DISNEY/LUCASFILMS!"

To believe this click bait story and giving it credit before any credible sources reports it is allowing yourself to be duped.

It is cool when old comic books tie into current media, so now we find out that those people that were already frozen in carbonite on the Razor Crest in the first episode of season 1 were Rik Duel, Dani and Chidho from Marvel's original run of comics (First appeared in issue #70)  They just added them as an unlock for the HasLab Razor Crest.