• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2020 at 7:39 AM, Buzzetta said:

Episode 2:1 

Very much enjoyed it... I woke up early to watch and was pleased to see what I did.  Olyphant's character shines in this episode and this is yet another episode showing why the Mandalorian is the best sci fi spaghetti western produced.  There is a brief SW:ANH cameo and wait until the end.  Do not turn away. 

Dank farrik, this series is good. ^^

18 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Got up at 6 to watch it. 

Felt the same. 

I really love the Western theme throughout, mixed with Sci-Fi. So that always wins out.

But this was more dragging the story out than adding any deep details. But that's okay. Every episode doesn't have to be a major event and cliffhanger.

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I really love the Western theme throughout, mixed with Sci-Fi. So that always wins out.

But this was more dragging the story out than adding any deep details. But that's okay. Every episode doesn't have to be a major event and cliffhanger.

I was just in the middle of writing the same after you 'reacted' to it. 

I am guessing? hoping? that when they are planning out an eight episode story for a season that they arrived at a wall as they fit the entire storyline that they wanted to tell into six or seven episodes.   They needed to make certain episodes within the arc a "chapter" with a beginning and an end.  I've noticed that we don't really get much in the way of a 'two part' episode in this series.  

So when you write those seven out of the eight and are left with that one episode that is not really going to fit... then you need something stand alone.   I do not feel as if anything in this episode pushed the narrative in a way or developed his character in a way that could not have been managed by some fleeting dialogue in another episode.  I was disappointed in the scenes where Dave Filoni's character showed up (Phrased this way so there are no spoilers) as that seemed to be an anticipated part of Season II, but was kind of a letdown.  Favreau wrote it and Peyton Reed directed it.  Frankly, they all cannot be hits and I understand that, but I kind of expect more from a team like that, than an episode that felt like a mission in a video game. 

Edited by Buzzetta

The Mandalorian showrunner reveals how George Lucas helped with season 2

The Mandalorian season 2 not only marks the return of Baby Yoda, it marks the return of another Star Wars icon: creator George Lucas.

No, he doesn’t have a walk-on part (we think – keep an eye out), but Lucas was present on set of Mando’s second season and even provided some tips to director Dave Filoni.

"He would be giving Dave a hard time about how many setups he was getting and how fast he was shooting and urging him to go faster," showrunner and creator Jon Favreau told Entertainment Weekly. "He was like a boxer's corner man coaching him, but always with a twinkle in his eye."

That’s probably as close as we’ll get to seeing Lucas behind the camera again for an adventure in a galaxy far, far away but it’s especially comforting to know that Lucas’s reach isn’t far away from Star Wars.

It's not the first time Lucas has been in touch with Filoni about Star Wars' biggest series, even providing his reponse to The Mandalorian.

“He's been very complimentary,” Filoni told THR. “I think he's enjoyed the show, and he said once [that] now he gets to watch it as a fan and watch it as a viewer.” 

"He'll give me some reminders, especially before I shoot something, about how many setups I should try to get in a day, and I might rack his brain for certain things about how to cover a scene.”

On 11/6/2020 at 7:37 PM, fantastic_four said:

Liked this episode more than the first.

Where was Dave Filoni at in the episode?

He played one of the X-Wing pilots.  He actually appeared as the same X-Wing pilot last year which makes me now wonder if he plans on being the, "Wedge" of the series by appearing as a pilot at least once every season. 

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Bryce Dallas Howard directed this one. Plenty of fun with this one.

Hide contents

Ahsoka Tano mentioned

Bo-Katan on a DarkSaber hunt :takeit:

:banana:

Spoiler

It actually made me more disappointed in last week's episode because of this.

A lot of last week's ice spider stuff could have been easily cut and they could have pushed the narrative to end that episode with Bo-Katan landing on the ship for the assist.   End last week's episode there as Mando thinks he has found what he is looking for.

This week could have gone as it did but expanded on more of the Mandalore / Mandalorian back story through conversation with Bo-Katan and perhaps given us more Titus Welliver and the Imperial holdout. 

I just watched episode 2 and I wondering if its just me but in the scene where Peli Motto gambling with a big insect isn't that the booth where Han solo Shot Greedo.

(Han shot First)

7 hours ago, Ares said:

I just watched episode 2 and I wondering if its just me but in the scene where Peli Motto gambling with a big insect isn't that the booth where Han solo Shot Greedo.

(Han shot First)

Yup not sure if its only in the art in the credits or if you can spot it during the episode but there's a blaster shot on the wall behind Amy Sedaris adding to the who shot first conspiracy. (Also i think the "big insect" is an ant, a reference to the fact that the director for that episode was Peyton Reed the director of Marvel's Ant-Man)