• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Yorick said:

Will the first season ever be released on dvd/bluray?

I wonder if Disney will keep this on its streaming channel only to drive stronger subscriber retention. You can't even purchase a digital version from VUDU, FandangoNow, Google or itunes.

Or, it may be a few years.

Will we finally find out the back story of Yoda's species once Din finds Ahsoka?  :wishluck:

And since she's no longer a Jedi will she think the child should be taken to Luke?  That's problematic since Luke should still be pretty young at the point in time the Mandalorian is taking place, so I'm guessing they avoid that.  Or maybe not.  Not exactly sure what Luke is doing at this time, but I'm guessing he's still training Leia.

The Mandalorian season 2, episode 3, “The Heiress” opened up a lot of new questions and possibilities for the show going forward. The adventures of Din Djarin and Baby Yoda are starting to connect to the greater Star Wars universe in major ways, and it will be interesting to see what turns the rest of the season takes.

Spoiler

The Mandalorian season 2, episode 3 sees Mando safely delivering his passenger – the unnamed Frog Lady – to the watery moon of Trask. Mando connects with a group of local fishermen who promise to deliver him to other Mandalorians, only to double-cross him in an attempt to steal his beskar armor. Din and the Child are rescued however by a trio of fellow Mandalorians, led by fan-favorite and former Mandalore (the title for the leader of Mandalore), Bo-Katan Kryze. Mando helps Bo-Katan and her squad steal an Imperial cruiser full of weapons, which she intends to use in an eventual mission to retake Mandalore. In exchange, she tells Din where he can find a Jedi – specifically, Ahsoka Tano.

The Mandalorian season 2, episode 3 packs a ton of story and lore expansion into a relatively short runtime, and it ends with a lot of potential directions for the rest of the season. Details on the Imperial remnant and the split culture of different Mandalorian sects could be setting up some fascinating encounters later on. But even with so much revealed, “The Heiress” left more questions than answers.

Where Is Sabine Wren?

Fans of Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels should be thrilled by the return of Bo-Katan, but she’s not the only daughter of Mandalore rumored to return in live action. Sabine Wren, a key player in Rebels, could also make a comeback given the direction the show’s story is heading, but as of right now her whereabouts are unknown. Speculation that WWE star Sasha Banks would be playing Sabine in season 2 were also proven untrue in “The Heiress”, as Banks ended up playing a different Mandalorian at Bo-Katan’s side.

So where’s Sabine? She was last seen in canon heading off to the Unknown Regions with Ahsoka in search of the vanished Ezra Bridger. Ahsoka has apparently returned from that journey, according to Bo-Katan, but Sabine hasn’t yet been mentioned. The most likely scenario is that Sabine is working with Bo-Katan in the mission to retake Mandalore, and is simply stationed elsewhere in the galaxy with a different team. The two have allied before, and Bo-Katan’s apparent correspondence with Ahsoka suggests she would be in contact with Sabine as well.

Ezra’s whereabouts are less certain, however. Ahsoka’s return suggests that her mission to find him was either a conclusive success or failure. If she and Sabine failed to locate him in the uncharted regions of space, there’s no telling whether or not he’ll return, or when. If they found him though, that means there’s another Jedi in hiding somewhere in the galaxy – someone Ahsoka knows who could help with Baby Yoda, and in the fight against Gideon and the Imperial remnant.

How Many Mandalorians Are In Bo-Katan’s Faction?

Bo-Katan and her two Mandalorian comrades seem more than capable of handling bands of pirates and individual squads of Stormtroopers, but they won’t be enough to take on the full force of Gideon’s fleet. Given the Mandalorians’ secrecy, it would make sense if numerous other coverts loyal to Bo Katan existed across the galaxy, all gathering strength. But how many are there?

Mandalore has always been a powerful world, but recent history has seen their military might scattered numerous times. The differences between Mando and Death Watch’s code and that of Bo-Katan’s clan (like whether or not to remove their helmets) highlight the divisions that exist within the culture itself. If she successfully reclaims the Darksaber and reestablishes herself as Mandalore, she could pull more coverts out of hiding to her cause. But how close she is to achieving the necessary strength is unclear.

How Strong Is Moff Gideon’s Imperial Fleet?

The Mandalorian season 2, episode 3 featured the first appearance of Giancarlo Esposito’s Moff Gideon in season 2, albeit only via hologram. The captain of the Imperial cruiser attacked by the Mandalorians sought help from Gideon’s fleet, implying that they are both assembled nearby and of notably greater strength than previously shown. So many ships and Stormtroopers do they have?

It's unclear , but it seems likely we’ll all find out soon enough. Gideon and Bo Katan are clearly moving towards a duel for the Darksaber, and the New Republic could be involved too. Gideon's obsession with Baby Yoda means he and Din are likely to be caught right in the middle. Given recent rumors that Gideon could even have a Star Destroyer-level ship at the head of his force, it’ll take more than four fighters in beskar to take him down.

Where Was Ahsoka During The Original Trilogy?
Ahsoka Tano is alive and back from the Unknown Regions - at least, according to Bo-Katan. Her appearance in the series has been heavily rumored for months and hoped for by fans even longer. To say the least, her live-action debut can’t get here soon enough.

How Will Ahsoka Help Mando And Baby Yoda?
Another major question surrounds Ahsoka's role in The Mandalorian’s story. Din’s search for the Jedi is motivated by a vague sense of duty, but he doesn’t really understand what the Child is or the power he holds. Ahsoka will surely be able to provide answers, but that may not be all.

Rewatched the last season of Clone Wars after the newest Mando. Seeing a lot of parallels between Din and Ahsoka before she walked away from the Jedi. Also, the way Bo-Katan recruited them for her own mission was quite similar. 

BTW, how awesome were the last four episodes of Clone Wars? Puts ROTS in a bit of a different light. I wholeheartedly second any calls for Filoni to be the Feige of Star Wars. 

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I wholeheartedly second any calls for Filoni to be the Feige of Star Wars. 

Every time I think about Kathleen Kennedy letting Rian Johnson ret-con JJ Abrams' ideas, and then letting Abrams ret-con Rian's ideas into something else entirely...I get really, really sad.  Time to pick somebody, Iger, and the time is NOW before any more creators are allowed to muck up the lore consistency of the Star Wars universe.  Kenobi doesn't even start shooting until next year, so plenty of time to give it to Filoni before Kenobi demolishes anything!  :wishluck:

On another note I heard Kevin Smith point out that Carl Weathers returns to direct tomorrow's episode, but then next week's episode is directed by Dave Filoni.  Filoni created Ahsoka, so odds are good that we don't see Ahsoka until next week when Filoni is directing meaning that tomorrow's episode is probably a side quest on the way to find Ahsoka.  No word yet on who directs any of the last three episodes after Filoni's.

Edited by fantastic_four

12 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Every time I think about Kathleen Kennedy letting Rian Johnson ret-con JJ Abrams' ideas, and then letting Abrams ret-con Rian's ideas into something else entirely...I get really, really sad. 

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning while watching the new SW Lego Holiday Special with my son. 

26 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:
40 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Every time I think about Kathleen Kennedy letting Rian Johnson ret-con JJ Abrams' ideas, and then letting Abrams ret-con Rian's ideas into something else entirely...I get really, really sad. 

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning while watching the new SW Lego Holiday Special with my son. 

Individually I enjoyed both of the last two films, but as a whole the inconsistency is frustrating.  Pablo Hidalgo is the guy I was hoping would keep everything straight, but for whatever reason he wasn't able to.  No idea if he objected but Kennedy overruled him or he let it all happen, but either way I do place at least some of the blame on him.  I've heard he OK'ed the screenplay decisions in the final two films, but who knows if he just said that to cover for his boss overruling any objections he had privately.  Or if he never did OK anything and has been misrepresented in the media.

So what sort of army is Moff Gideon building?  Genetically engineered Force-sensitive troopers?

When I saw those bodies in the tanks I thought they might be Palpatine clones, but those black trooper outfits at the end suggest otherwise.

Edited by fantastic_four

14 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

So what sort of army is Moff Gideon building?  Genetically engineered Force-sensitive troopers?

When I saw those bodies in the tanks I thought they might be Palpatine clones, but those black trooper outfits at the end suggest otherwise.

I think so. Seems that way at least. It’s probably a safe bet that Snoke was one of those. 

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Why?

Tracker on the Razor Crest leading Moff G to a planet where there will soon be at least two beings with high M counts. 

Spoiler

Wonder if it sets up for a series of events leading to the reason Ahsoka never appeared in Eps. 7-9

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Just looked into this some more. I guess they are dark troopers. Which, leads to some more confusion because there were two kinds of Dark Troopers introduced in the Legends timeline.

One was a trooper-battle droid hybrid. The other was a group of elite soldiers trained in the dark side of the force. 

Edited by awakeintheashes