• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

My Heir to the Empire 1 has still does not show any movement.   :(   No tracking... no nothing. 

Person could be out of town if they traveled...or really hungover.  Unless you have a store, you can’t set an away message for buyers. I hope that’s all it is. If it’s not then they will be added to my block list. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

For those curious Heir to the Empire 1 has 4 different US versions

Regular
Comic Pack
Newsstand (With a printed UPC box)
Newsstand (With a white box where a UPC sticker would be placed)

Edited by Rip

On 11/27/2020 at 4:44 AM, Buzzetta said:

I hit pause and ran and bought a copy of the 1st Appearance.  If you saw the media where we last saw that character then you know who was with them.   I am glad I bought a few issues of that first appearance as well.   I am hoping the seller I just bought something from honors the deal and ships the book.   Since yesterday afternoon when some get to see the episode in advance, 28 copies of that book have sold on eBay

I had a CGC 9.6 copy in cart my on mycomcshops but it was late so I decided to sleep on it. It happened to be the night "The Jedi" Mando episode aired, but didn't watch the episode. I wake up the next day and then around noon I watch the Mando Episode and they

Spoiler

mentioned Thrawn

in the Episode. And was thinking oh nooooo! So I went right back to the site and it was gone. I searched other copies on eBay that were in my watch list and they were all gone. I'm sick over it. Ended up paying $100 more for a copy in 9.4 CGC grade. Mycomicshop deleted every copy they had up earlier and must have relisted them at 2 to 3 times higher. I'm starting to wonder if they are driving the overall market. When they up the prices everyone on eBay etc. seems to follow.

What grade did you buy your copies in?

Edited by nld3

Mandolorian Episode XIII reminds me how much I appreciate Favreau and Filoni's appreciation of the true roots of Star Wars: samurai cinema. From its obvious inspiration from Lone Wolf and Cub to this latest episode's loose adaptation of Akira Kurosawa's Yojimbo, The Mandolorian has been a nice throwback to a more civilized age.

On 11/30/2020 at 9:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

Now that is interesting.

I liked her in the role and the casting.  Overall a good episode.  The makeup did bother me a little.  The creases in the tendrils were distracting.  I also understand for practical purposes why they shrunk them down in size some, but I would have liked to see them larger and more prominent. 

Was watching season 1 with my daughters and then I had to leave for work. Like fly away to another country for 6 months. And they made me promise them I wouldn’t watch it until we were together again. It was a hard promise to make. Luckily they caved and are watching it now so I get to finish season one AND season two!  I will cancel my subscription to Disney+ a second time after the binge. I do want to see WandaVision too but no real interest in anything else. Unless they drop Black Widow which they most likely will not do.

I'll post this here also for those curious about early Thrawn apperances

Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 5 was released at least as early as Heir to the Empire 1 and has an early Thrawn Bio page.

There are 3 versions: 
1. Polybagged with the cards 

2. Newsstand

3. Signed and numbered special edition (Tim Hildebrandt) Only 1500?

Another one is Dark Horse Insider 46

Edited by Rip

1 hour ago, Rip said:

I'll post this here also for those curious about early Thrawn apperances

Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 5 was released at least as early as Heir to the Empire 1 and has an early Thrawn Bio page.

There are 3 versions: 
1. Polybagged with the cards 

2. Newsstand

3. Signed and numbered special edition (Tim Hildebrandt) Only 1500?

Another one is Dark Horse Insider 46

1991 Heir To The Empire hardcover novel - has Thrawn on the cover artwork:

s-l1600.jpg