• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I thought about this some more...

If anyone remembers from the sequels - Snoke had an apprentice before Kylo Ren. I don't think this apprentice has been revealed or explored. Based on a quick google search I haven't seen anyone discussing this, but an outside guess is that maybe Snoke connected with the Child.

Snoke wasn't a Sith and spent much of his early life seeking arcane and ancient lore and discovering many truths about the force. I guess it's possible he was in tune with the force enough and knew of the ancient places and relics to tap into any communication the Child was sending out. 

I don't think this is what happens, but it's my throwing-S-against-the-wall theory...Grogu becomes Snoke's first apprentice....which would essentially be who Darth Sidious was grooming to take over before learning of Ben Solo. It wouldn't be the first time Sidious offed an apprentice to take on a new one (Dooku, almost Vader in ROTJ).

They need to retcon the entire sequel trilogy down into the memory hole and never speak of anyone related to that cluster-fuss ever again. No Snoke. No Ren. No Rey. Just no. 

55 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I don’t understand why Disney or Lucasfilm didn’t squash this from the beginning. Just a tweet could have put an end to it. 

Oh and one of the “sources” of the original rumor is now putting out a new one that says they will kill Mando and Fett will be the star moving forward 🙄

7 hours ago, jcjames said:

They need to retcon the entire sequel trilogy down into the memory hole and never speak of anyone related to that cluster-fuss ever again. No Snoke. No Ren. No Rey. Just no. 

I wish we could. Filoni and Faverau seem to have been tasked with cleaning up JJ Abrams’ mess and making sense of it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get bits and pieces throughout the show that make certain things more tolerable. 

Speaking of the sequels, I watched TFA last night with my son because he wanted to watch it. I admit, when it came out I was excited and enjoyed the movie, but in watching now, it really is an empty and uninspired effort. Granted, it’s not the half-hearted mess we got with Rise of Skywalker, but it really hasn’t held up well.

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I wish we could. Filoni and Faverau seem to have been tasked with cleaning up JJ Abrams’ mess and making sense of it. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get bits and pieces throughout the show that make certain things more tolerable. 

Speaking of the sequels, I watched TFA last night with my son because he wanted to watch it. I admit, when it came out I was excited and enjoyed the movie, but in watching now, it really is an empty and uninspired effort. Granted, it’s not the half-hearted mess we got with Rise of Skywalker, but it really hasn’t held up well.

IMO, by far and away the best part of the sequel trilogy were the first 3 trailers for TFA.  

Forget about the Star Wars Holiday Special. Disney+ is releasing a new installment of Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian just in time for Christmas. The hour-long featurette, titled “Making of Season Two,” will take fans behind the scenes of the popular Star Wars series.

Season Two of The Mandalorian has delivered on several fronts, bringing back fan favorite bounty hunter Boba Fett and introducing us to the first live-action Ahsoka Tano in the franchise. The second season of the Emmy Award-winning series expanded on the first, elaborating on the characters’ backstories. We also finally learned the true name of The Child, a.k.a. Baby Yoda, a.k.a. cute little green thing that’s all over the Internet. He is Baby Yoda no more — Grogu is his official name. We’ve also been left with a lot to ponder, including the fan theory that Grogu is in fact the next Star Wars villain.

The installment will feature several interviews with the directors, informing audiences on the decision-making process behind such pivotal plot points. “Featuring immersive on-set footage that places viewers right in the middle of the filmmaking process, and rare insights from the cast and crew, this special documentary explores the production of all 8 episodes in Season Two – from early concept art through the groundbreaking technology introduced in the series” said Disney+ in an official statement.

So this Christmas, gather your family and friends around the television and indulge in some cinematic Star Wars magic. Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian streams exclusively on Disney+ on December 25.

How thick do ya’ll think Baby Yoda’s plot armor is? If for no other reason than merchandise sales, I’d think Disney would have him in a Vibranium onesie with Beskar diapers. However, my ability to gauge plot armor is still traumatized from Game of Thrones. What do you all think? Is BY safe through season 3? What about Boba Fett? Same rules apply, or is he ROTJ disposable after a single season’s merchandise bump?

36 minutes ago, BabaLament said:

How thick do ya’ll think Baby Yoda’s plot armor is? If for no other reason than merchandise sales, I’d think Disney would have him in a Vibranium onesie with Beskar diapers. However, my ability to gauge plot armor is still traumatized from Game of Thrones. What do you all think? Is BY safe through season 3? What about Boba Fett? Same rules apply, or is he ROTJ disposable after a single season’s merchandise bump?

Baby Yoda's good for the next 50 years, not to mention all the stories they can tell about his first 50 years.  Maybe when he's 100 years old, he can start being a moody pre-teen.

4 hours ago, BabaLament said:

Not sure about BY, but Fett has proven he doesn't need to be alive to be marketable.

I'd say Fett sticks around for as long as Filoni and Faverau need him to tell their story. Filoni did it with Maul.

Edited by awakeintheashes

20 hours ago, bentbryan said:

Not to stray too far off topic of Mando but I just finally saw this video last night. I saw links for it last year but for some reason never got around to watching and forgot about it. Rediscovered it last night. If you haven’t seen it well worth the 6 min watch 

Vader vs Obi Wan redone

This awesome ! And in hind sight , considering Obi is really only late 40-early 50s , he should’ve been more agile - that battle is embarrassing by today’s standards ( not even including #7-9) maybe he has no access to Glucosamine on Tatooine

1 hour ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

This awesome ! And in hind sight , considering Obi is really only late 40-early 50s , he should’ve been more agile - that battle is embarrassing by today’s standards ( not even including #7-9) maybe he has no access to Glucosamine on Tatooine

SW has had a real problem with making their human characters appear much older than they really are. Before the sequels, I thought it was just a product of ANH being released in the 70s, but seriously, Luke dies after meditating too hard? WTH. It's something that has spanned the franchise's lifetime. 

Looking at it after viewing the Prequels, Clone Wars, and even Rebels, the way Obi-Wan was portrayed in ANH is criminal, IMO. He was 57 when he died and was played by a 63 year old, which is normal. He was made to appear and fight much older than his age. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

Well one great thing with the new forum app. I don't have to creep a few pages at a time to finally to get to the end of a long thread otherwise it would end up with an error.

I jumped right to Page 38 without even a delay. :applause:

7 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

SW has had a real problem with making their human characters appear much older than they really are. Before the sequels, I thought it was just a product of ANH being released in the 70s, but seriously, Luke dies after meditating too hard? WTH. It's something that has spanned the franchise's lifetime. 

Looking at it after viewing the Prequels, Clone Wars, and even Rebels, the way Obi-Wan was portrayed in ANH is criminal, IMO. He was 57 when he died and was played by a 63 year old, which is normal. He was made to appear and fight much older than his age

its-not-the-years-honey-its-the-mileage.jpg