• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

I'll start by saying that the finale was absolutely amazing, as is the series in general.

I may get slated for this, but I think everyone is being far too kind with the mild criticisms of the CGI. That was absolutely atrocious.

I get it, that's where the technology is at the moment, and we couldn't have had a young Luke any other way, but still. I don't think there's any denying that this "uncanny valley" version of Luke was poorly executed.

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Here is something to think about though, if Luke had his own Jedi Academy and takes Grogu under his wing, does that mean that Ben Solo / Kylo Ren kills him when he destroys Luke's Jedi Academy?   Noooooooooooo!!!! 

I could be wrong because I haven't kept up on all the comics and novels, but I don't think Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren killed all the students while he was burning down the academy. He killed some, but many of them were killed later. 

It's possible Grogu escaped and was killed later or was off on his own and survived.

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 hours ago, I like pie said:
  Hide contents

This was the Luke we were hoping to see in Episode 8.

sad that it took this long to get right what 3 movies couldn't :facepalm:

I love the subtlety of the title. The Rescue. We just thought we knew what that meant when the episode started. :) 

Spoiler

As for the "less than perfect" CGI some are complaining about? Total no hesitation pass from me. I will trade any amount of seamless CGI for the great story we were just treated to. I think there are alot more stories that need to me told about Luke, Han, and Leia and I hope these Star Wars series go somewhat in that direction. I think the captures will improve over time. By the time Luke meets Ahsoka maybe they will be way better. :)   Mark Hamill is listed in the credits btw. You know he had to be overjoyed to participate in this episode of Star Wars. And watching the last half yet again this afternoon I just noticed Mando had to fight back cracking a smile during his farewell to Grogu.

41 minutes ago, fett said:

I love the subtlety of the title. The Rescue. We just thought we knew what that meant when the episode started. :) 

Reveal hidden contents

As for the "less than perfect" CGI some are complaining about? Total no hesitation pass from me. I will trade any amount of seamless CGI for the great story we were just treated to. I think there are alot more stories that need to me told about Luke, Han, and Leia and I hope these Star Wars series go somewhat in that direction. I think the captures will improve over time. By the time Luke meets Ahsoka maybe they will be way better. :)   Mark Hamill is listed in the credits btw. You know he had to be overjoyed to participate in this episode of Star Wars. And watching the last half yet again this afternoon I just noticed Mando had to fight back cracking a smile during his farewell to Grogu.

Don't get me wrong, my criticism of the CGI at the end on the one character in particular in no way deminished my joy of that episode.  It was excellent and I was cheering with joy while watching it.

4 hours ago, Azkaban said:

sad that it took this long to get right what 3 movies couldn't :facepalm:

Spoiler

I’ve legit waited my whole life for this. One look in my den and you’ll see the ROTJ Jedi Knight Luke Action Figure hanging up and a Luke Jedi painting from the 90’s.

They blew it in the last 2 films. ROTJ Luke dressed in black with the hooded cloak, one glove and the green lightsaber (even thought he doesn’t rock that look at all at once in ROTJ) is my absolute favorite. All we got was that flashback scene in the new films with the green saber and him force ting himself to death.

I would be absolutely okay with wipping the last films out of cannon. I liked Rey, Ren, and Finn after seeing the Force Awakened...and then they just were a muddied garbage mess in the last two films. We watched the Holiday Lego film this week and I just thought to myself “Wow I really don’t like the characters from the last trilogy.”

Also seeing R2D2 tonight just reminds me that none of these other droids Cba hold a candle to this OG.

4 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I could be wrong because I haven't kept up on all the comics and novels, but I don't think Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren killed all the students while he was burning down the academy. He killed some, but many of them were killed later. 

It's possible Grogu escaped and was killed later or was off on his own and survived.

Another problem I had with the last trilog was piecing together the whole Knights of Ren thing. My fiancé and I were just talking about this. When I watched the first movie or two from that trilogy I was under the impression that the Knights of Ren were other Jedi who followed Kylo and  used lightsabers. They weren’t really elaborated on so I thought maybe Kylo just massacred them at some point because they were a potential threat. Then in the last film they are these weak sauce guys with old school medieval looking battle axes or some nonsense. They seemed like there could have been a great back story to them but like everything else in that trilogy they were just cobbled together at the end and absolutely lacking.

It’s a little weird rewatching the recap after watching the show. It almost sounds like Mando’s riff on Gideon’s speech is about the Darksaber and not the child the way that they spliced it. I don’t think it is, but could come off that way. 

9 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

Another problem I had with the last trilog was piecing together the whole Knights of Ren thing. My fiancé and I were just talking about this. When I watched the first movie or two from that trilogy I was under the impression that the Knights of Ren were other Jedi who followed Kylo and  used lightsabers. They weren’t really elaborated on so I thought maybe Kylo just massacred them at some point because they were a potential threat. Then in the last film they are these weak sauce guys with old school medieval looking battle axes or some nonsense. They seemed like there could have been a great back story to them but like everything else in that trilogy they were just cobbled together at the end and absolutely lacking.

Yeah. The whole sequel trilogy is a mess and never explains the Knights of Ren. 

It’s a group of force sensitives that are in tune with the dark side. Ben Solo comes across Ren (the leader) during his Jedi training and kinda becomes fascinated with them. Ben Solo (not sure if he’s Kylo Ren when this happens) kills Ren and becomes their leader. I believe Snoke directs Ben Solo telepathically to go to Ren to get trained instead of following Luke. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah. The whole sequel trilogy is a mess and never explains the Knights of Ren. 

It’s a group of force sensitives that are in tune with the dark side. Ben Solo comes across Ren during his training and kinda becomes fascinated with them. Ben Solo (not sure if he’s Kylo Ren when this happens) kills Ren and becomes their leader. I believe Snoke directs Ben Solo telepathically to go to Ren to get trained instead of following Luke. 

Or did the last film now make the Emperor who told him telepathically to go to Ren...?

The Season Two finale of The Mandalorian managed to pull off a difficult task by not only offering a fulfilling resolution to a storyline, but also use that resolution to give us a major cliffhanger, but one thing that audiences can count on is that we haven't seen the last of Pedro Pascal's Din Djarin, according to one of his stunt doubles. However, double Brendan Wayne didn't explicitly detail when or how Djarin will return to the galaxy far, far away, leaving fans to speculate if his appearance will be in the next season of The Mandalorian or if he will appear in one of the announced spinoff projects.

"No spoilers!!! But just in case the world didn’t know yet, [Pedro Pascal] is incredible," the performer shared on Instagram. "The journey they wrote for him this season was so beautiful. The fact that Pedro went beyond the page and made this epic. Thank you [Pedro]. Yes!! Pedro is coming back. There was never any question. DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ."

pedro01.thumb.JPG.8a0a765ab7c0b2894078d9bbff28651e.JPG

Why was Moff Gideon going to shoot himself before Cara knocked him out?  I can think of two or three possible reasons, but I can't narrow it down to one or be sure I know.

Also we never heard exactly what they were cloning with Grogu's blood.  Should we just assume it's either Snoke or Palpatine?

Edited by fantastic_four