• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Why was Moff Gideon going to shoot himself before Cara knocked him out?  I can think of two or three possible reasons, but I can't narrow it down to one or be sure I know.

Also we never heard exactly what they were cloning with Grogu's blood.  Should we just assume it's either Snoke or Palpatine?

To answer question 1: Probably because Thrawn and Palpatine are out there planning the rise of the First Order or worse. He's better dead to them than captured alive and he knows it.

Question 2: I think it was Palpatine. I think Snoke has been created by this point. My guess is that Palpatine and Snoke haven't discovered or sensed Ben Solo yet. I think once they know he's out there, they start trying to groom him to be the next Sith Lord.

I don't know if it will be explored, but one thing they should to cover somewhere is how Snoke became the leader of the First Order. There were other candidates like Rae Sloane and Armitage Hux who seemed like likely leaders through lineage or experience to lead the First Order. 

Out of all the characters from the sequel trilogy, Kylo Ren seemed to have the most depth and was deserving of a better story. Great actor, but terrible writing. Maybe he'll get the Clone-Wars treatment and be done justice like Anakin was. 

I liked Rey in the first movie, and I forgave the Luke Skywalker ripoff, but then they had to go and tie her origin Palpatine. It's best to just let that story die where it did for the sake of all equine lovers out there.

Edited by awakeintheashes

how about we just go this route-let's ***pretend*** the guy in the shower is Han, and ALL three sequels were just a bad bad darkside force dream . :) Hey it worked once right?

https://makeagif.com/gif/dallas-bobby-ewing-taking-a-shower-his-return-1986--F0F_p

#Supreme Storyteller Favreu takes over. :banana:

Edited by fett

Lucasfilm producer and director Dave Filoni says Star Wars veteran Temuera Morrison is "the exact person" for the role of feared bounty hunter Boba Fett in The Mandalorian. The second season of the Jon Favreau-created Disney+ series re-introduced a Sarlacc-scarred Boba (sans armor) in "Chapter 9: The Marshal," where Tatooine lawman Cobb Vanth (Timothy Olyphant) salvaged the suit not seen since 1983's Return of the Jedi. When a gaffi stick-swinging Boba and Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen) beat and blast their way through a Stormtrooper squadron in "Chapter 14: The Tragedy," where Boba dons his armor reclaimed by Din Djarin (Pedro Pascal), it makes a statement: Boba is back.

"He's priceless. He's immeasurable. He is the exact person for that role," Filoni told the Star Wars Show of Morrison, who played Jango Fett and the cloned Stormtroopers in George Lucas' prequel trilogy. "He's got the armor, and we used it."

When Boba bludgeons and blasts his way through Imperial forces in the Robert Rodriguez-directed episode, "Finally, the story in that moment is about him, so he should do all those things."

"In the old films, he's a player in it, but it's not about him," Filoni said of Boba's bit roles in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, where the armor is worn by actor Jeremy Bulloch. "And I love it when he says, 'I don't want your armor, I want my armor.' You're just like, 'Wow! It's Boba Fett claiming his armor back!'

For Morrison, who hadn't appeared on-screen in Star Wars since Revenge of the Sith in 2005, the experience was similar.

"There were moments when I put the armor on, and I was looking at Dave and Jon, and the expression on their faces just said it all," Morrison told StarWars.com. "It felt good. It felt right. It felt like, 'Yes, I should be wearing this costume.' And it gave me this sense of, 'I'm back.'"

18 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I could be wrong because I haven't kept up on all the comics and novels, but I don't think Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren killed all the students while he was burning down the academy. He killed some, but many of them were killed later. 

It's possible Grogu escaped and was killed later or was off on his own and survived.

Keep in mind - when the Knights of Ren event happens it’s somewhere around 30 years later - perhaps Groku took his training and departed - no Jedi needs 3 decades of training 

5 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Keep in mind - when the Knights of Ren event happens it’s somewhere around 30 years later - perhaps Groku took his training and departed - no Jedi needs 3 decades of training 

It was around 18 years if my math is right. He was 23 when he turned to the dark side/committed those acts. He was 30 when he died. Ben is between 4-5 at the time of Mando.

Granted 18 years is still a while but much less than 30, and Grogu is already 50. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

6 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Is this the Best Buy one ?

Yes.  It was an exclusive between Amazon and Best Buy and other online retailers and also offered on Hasbro Pulse earlier this year.   To make sure that you are getting the 2020 version and not an earlier release, the box will state that it comes with a lucite stand for display.  The earlier versions of the ship did not come with that. 

Just now, awakeintheashes said:

It was around 18 years if my math is right. He was 23 when he turned to the dark side/committed those acts. He was 30 when he died. Ben is between 4-5 at the time of Mando.

Granted 18 years is still a while but much less than 30. 

Good call - thanks - yes Mando’s events are 5 years after ROJ-  hopefully Grogru ( NOT the dragonball Z guy - thanks Siri ) had a growth spurt ...

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Yes.  It was an exclusive between Amazon and Best Buy and other online retailers and also offered on Hasbro Pulse earlier this year.   To make sure that you are getting the 2020 version and not an earlier release, the box will state that it comes with a lucite stand for display.  The earlier versions of the ship did not come with that. 

It looks nice for sure - I can’t believe they are getting $150 easily on it - I know I have a lego one somewhere and likely another  when the prequels came out - but the one you have looks NICE!

19 hours ago, Foley said:

I'll start by saying that the finale was absolutely amazing, as is the series in general.

I may get slated for this, but I think everyone is being far too kind with the mild criticisms of the CGI. That was absolutely atrocious.

I agree 💯- couldn’t have been happier , I saw the x-wing fly up and for some reason didn’t immediately think

Spoiler

Luke , it wasn’t until I saw the Green Saber and glove that knew it was him , CGI for sure could’ve been better,  but we were treated with something really special in the same vein of how we were surprised during Rogue One

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

You seem to know all the good starwars toys.  As much as I like boba fett, I have  special place in my hear for the Mandalorian and baby yoda.  If you find a good model of the ship or the figures, would you shoot me a message?  Going to use it for my office

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

You seem to know all the good starwars toys.  As much as I like boba fett, I have  special place in my hear for the Mandalorian and baby yoda.  If you find a good model of the ship or the figures, would you shoot me a message?  Going to use it for my office

Sideshow's Grogu is life-size and as accurate as they come. Worth it if you have some coin to spare (thumbsu of course if that's too big the sixth scale figures are nice too: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-mandalorian-and-the-child-deluxe-hot-toys-907266

20201111_163357.jpg

1 minute ago, AJLewandoski said:

Sideshow's Grogu is life-size and as accurate as they come. Worth it if you have some coin to spare (thumbsu of course if that's too big the sixth scale figures are nice too: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-mandalorian-and-the-child-deluxe-hot-toys-907266

20201111_163357.jpg

WOW... those are NICE...  Need to see if I  can save up and get it

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

WOW... those are NICE...  Need to see if I  can save up and get it

Yea they're pricey but they're the best in the business for high quality figures. The link i shared is actually quarter scale (I didn't look close enough) the sixth scale set is much more affordable: https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/star-wars-the-mandalorian-and-the-child-deluxe-hot-toys-hot-toys-905873

57 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

20201111_163357.jpg

That's the one that's not articulated, right?  I haven't seen they've done a life-size articulated version yet which kind of shocks me.  Usually Sideshow is all over everything high-end in the statue and action figure arena.