• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

On 12/26/2020 at 11:05 AM, jcjames said:

Someone made some awesome comicbook cover-art for each episode of both seasons:

Season 1 (plus a Special Edition one-shot):

The proper artist credit goes to dvglzv, he and his other comic book work can be found here https://www.instagram.com/dvglzv/

I tend not to post rumors much, but Robert Downey Jr. is in early talks to play a Star Wars Universe role. Thrawn is a possible role according to a couple sources today.

Might be BS, but still, something very interesting and worth mentioning.

Edited by Rip

30 minutes ago, Rip said:

I tend not to post rumors much, but Robert Downey Jr. is in early talks to play a Star Wars Universe role. Thrawn is a possible role according to a couple sources today.

I could see the Disney Family wanting the successful actors of the MCU transitioning to other properties. You end up with two built-in fanbases to appeal to.

43 minutes ago, Rip said:

I could see this. Thrawn will be close to his age if he's alive and all that.

There's a joke about Iron Man using the Infinity Gauntlet to snap the sequels out of existence just waiting to be made

Honestly, my only major issue with the show is the Stormtroopers are so incompetent that the show feels like it lakes any reals stakes at times. They are such cannon fodder, I actually feel bad for them.  

I think this is a perfect take on how Stormtroopers have always been portrayed. :)  Will they EVER be taught how to aim? The two on the speederbikes in S01 Ep 08-Redemption are spot on. 

7 hours ago, drotto said:

Honestly, my only major issue with the show is the Stormtroopers are so incompetent that the show feels like it lakes any reals stakes at times. They are such cannon fodder, I actually feel bad for them.  

I'm sure they will name a lake or two on Lah'mu after Stormtrooper LS-005, TK-626, MB-223,TK-421, and TK-5331. May they rest in peace. :baiting:

But even though the stormtroopers are the traditional cannon fodder, I get your point. There has to be an excessive amount of them to make up for such extreme marksmanship incompetence.

Rewatched this over the last week with my 14 year old son (who hadn't seen it, and isn't a Star Wars fan at all)...he's totally loving it.  We have 3 episodes to go to finish season 2 and he can't wait.  This show definitely gives new hope for the entire franchise, as I haven't liked anything at all since ROTJ as a kid and I'm even excited again.

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

😂

Robert Fett. Also, just used Bill Burr and Amy Sedaris’ real names. I don’t know why I found that so funny, but I did lol

Haha I love when they show boba he turns his head and explosion in background. Classic! 

On 1/4/2021 at 8:37 PM, drotto said:

Agreed. I really don't like that aspect of the show....but it's pretty much the only thing I don't like. 

Agree x2.  It's fine to have some tongue-in-cheek moments, but when EVERY scene is just ridiculous (as when I watch the scenes and just look at the stormtroopers, who do nothing, shoot nothing, and don't even act at all) it gets dull fast.  Stakes = tension...at least get someone wounded from time to time?