• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2023 at 5:22 AM, Bosco685 said:

Some scripts written by George RR Martin where half the cast gets smoked would fix that.

Crossposting as I clean up brain matter.

On 4/26/2023 at 10:17 PM, awakeintheashes said:

What? What… What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats Grogu and looks lik Mando with him…I can’t…

IMG_4887.thumb.jpeg.7c488229b67face6fc8b803763624ea2.jpeg

IMG_4888.gif.5b931e2a33cadc36837f6a583136cca0.gif
IMG_4889.gif.eee8f85a4adb17c34afbdf777f50a7bd.gif

Edited by awakeintheashes

Recently finished the last season and it was pretty bad.  Aside from all the problems with the story & character development, the worst part is that none of the characters have any personality.  Every line is delivered with the seriousness of a military death notice.  

On 8/24/2019 at 4:43 PM, Buzzetta said:

You have to be exact.... and it cannot even be partially correct. 

So for example suppose I am looking for a user by the name of Old_Time_Comics.  If I write Old Time Comics, it does not turn anything up.  That underscore must be present.  For that alone it is problematic.  But again, I was looking up something regarding the Spider-man Homecoming / Civil War deal from a few years ago and the boards kept error coding on me.   I think sometimes it is still easier to search in google by using

"cgccomics" "boards" and then what you are looking for.  So eventually I did this... I typed "cgccomics" boards spider-man civil war movie

Google brings me to page 74 in the thread but the second I wanted to go to page 1 I got the following... and let's keep in mind I just did this again for the purpose of this response... 

what a mess. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-24 at 4.41.46 PM.png

I had to look up your recommendation again, as this search feature on the forum is tough.

:cheers:

On 8/10/2023 at 9:20 AM, Bosco685 said:

I had to look up your recommendation again, as this search feature on the forum is tough.

:cheers:

I am still using google over the CGC Boards native search.  The only thing is that it does not work with Water Cooler threads since that seems to be shielded to non-members. 

Since this show really made his name stand out from the crowd...

Dave Filoni has a new mission in the Star Wars universe after guiding Rosario Dawson’s Force-wielding hero to distant celestial realms in the first season of Ahsoka. The writer-producer-director, who started out working alongside George Lucas on the animated Clone Wars show nearly two decades ago, has ascended to a new position at Lucasfilm—one that will give him input into all the galactic storytelling going forward.

“Now I’m what’s called chief creative officer of Lucasfilm,” Filoni tells Vanity Fair, which places him into the development process much earlier and in a much more expansive capacity than his previous advisory duties. “In the past, in a lot of projects I would be brought into it, I would see it after it had already developed a good ways.” 

Filoni will now work more directly with Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and alongside Carrie Beck, a veteran producer turned head of development, to originate and shepherd the next generation of Star Wars shows and movies. After spending many years involved in the creation of Star Wars animation, including the Rebels series, he became increasingly involved in live-action as a producer with Jon Favreau on the The Mandalorian and The Book of Boba Fett. “In this new role, it’s opened up to basically everything that’s going on,” Filoni says. “When we’re planning the future of what we’re doing now, I’m involved at the inception phase.”

The news comes a little over a month after the conclusion of Ahsoka, an eight-episode Disney+ series that explored how Dawson’s Jedi grappled with her legacy of being trained by Anakin Skywalker, the mentor who became the galactic tyrant Darth Vader. Due to the long-running Hollywood strikes, neither Filoni nor Dawson were able to speak about the show when it debuted. In a Vanity Fair exclusive, both of them are now free to discuss the changes the show brought to the broader Star Wars narrative—both onscreen and behind the scenes.

Hayden Christensen, who returned to play the spirit of Anakin Skywalker in Ahsoka, also spoke about reprising his role from the prequel films and what the series says about how Darth Vader reckons with his own terrible history in the galactic afterlife. And Natasha Liu Bordizzo, who plays Sabine Wren, the Mandalorian troublemaker who becomes Ahsoka’s own Jedi trainee, addressed the ways Ahsoka opens up this world to a new generation of fans by simultaneously embracing tradition and trying to forge new storylines. 

“You just learn a lot from Dave in general, I think,” Bordizzo says. “I know that he’s traditional in the sense of how he learned so much from George. He has these pillars of storytelling that are dear to him, and then everything else can be untraditional.”

This is AMAZING news! Getting him in at the ground floor of story development is huge. He was being brought in to fix a lot of garbage after stuff had already been put into development by Kennedy and team. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

“I’m not telling people what to do,” Filoni told Vanity Fair of his new role. “But I do feel I’m trying to help them tell the best story that they want to tell. I need to be a help across the galaxy here, like a part of a Jedi Council almost.”

He should have ended with, “it’s about damn time.”