• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, the blob said:

But I'll say I find it believable. Former orphan just cannot let a child be harmed even if ruthless with adults. A little surprised the mandelorian gang backs him up without knowing his moral dilemma. They also made it unclear whether he is actually a mandelorian or just adopted into it.

I think this was done purposely to maintain some mystery. Otherwise, they reveal too much of his backstory too soon and spoil the atmosphere of the show.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

Did they make the walkers better after return of the Jedi? Cuz I remember ewoks taking those out with vines, rocks and coconuts.

But those were Ewok vines, rocks and coconuts. The super weapon of the Star Wars universe.

:insane:

I am surprised, poorly done episode that actually was sorta bad. Poor directing and acting, reminded me of a bad copy of the magnificent 7.

Spoiler

1. “Mando” spoke way to much completely ruins the character.

2. Of course they would be found, hundreds of bounty hunters have tracking beacons that work anywhere in the galaxy it seems. Why would he assume he can leave him there?!?

3. What type of bandits have an AT-ST?!? Heck assuming they did...why is this all they are doing with it? The villagers said they were poor and didn’t seem to get much for their shrimp harvest, why waste time on them if you have that level of fire power? That’s like bringing a Tank to rob a lemonade stand.

4. Why not aim the chin guns at the defensive line? Why blow up stick huts?! That tank should have decimated them in 10 seconds. 

5. He didn’t think to bring his space fighter into the mix? I’m sure it has some guns, why not use it/them to fight back?!

Hoping that was just an aberration and that next weeks is back on track.

Definitely the weakest so far...it's the first I haven't felt compelled to re-watch.

I noticed Gina Carano really packed on some pounds between when she retired from fighting and appeared in Deadpool, but am I overreacting or did she jump up another size or two in this show?  She's definitely got a large bone structure and should probably be about 150 or so most of the time which is 10 to 15 pounds heavier than most 5' 8" women would be, and she fought at a lean 140 to 145 for her frame.  But she looked about 160 in Deadpool, and now she looks to be 170 to 180.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Definitely the weakest so far...it's the first I haven't felt compelled to re-watch.

I noticed Gina Carano really packed on some pounds between when she retired from fighting and appeared in Deadpool, but am I overreacting or did she jump up another size or two in this show?  She's definitely got a large bone structure and should probably be about 150 or so most of the time which is 10 to 15 pounds heavier than most 5' 8" women would be, and she fought at a lean 140 to 145 for her frame.  But she looked about 160 in Deadpool, and now she looks to be 170 to 180.

She looked about the same size as she was in Deadpool. You were just seeing more of her arms in The Mandalorian, which were huge for a woman. That really stood out to me in the episode how large she is, and believable she could go toe-to-toe with him.

9 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

+1 I also felt this was the weakest episode so far. I couldn’t wait for it to finish.

Hopefully the next episode will get things back on track.

So is it just me or does The Mandalorian theme sound a little bit like from the Rocky soundtrack (maybe it's just seeing Apollo Greef on-screen gives me the subconscious association). 

Have a listen to a bit of The Mandalorian Theme here... and then give a listen to "Going The Distance" for a minute or so. Similarities?

Edited by jcjames

I haven't paid any attention to the actors, so I had been assuming that the Mandalorian blacksmith was Gina Carano's character.  Then, seeing her without armor in the 4th episode, I assumed the Mandalorian would eventually find out she was the blacksmith and that yes, she does take off her helmet, etc.

Since there's a different actress playing the blacksmith, I'm actually a little disappointed. lol

Spoiler

Tatooine! Lots of great call backs. Mos Eisley, Sandpeople, Pit Droids, Cantina, a Dewback, Star Wars canyon shot, plus much more.

I liked the story better than last week. Solid twist.
But didn't like that he left Baby Yoda alone for so long. I think its either 
Moff Gideon (Giancarlo Espositoor Greef Karga at the end, but not sure.

I think most will LOVE the location of this one. 

I liked it better than episode 4, but less than the first 3. 

Next week its Bill Burr.

Edited by Rip

On 12/3/2019 at 7:45 PM, jcjames said:

So is it just me or does The Mandalorian theme sound a little bit like from the Rocky soundtrack (maybe it's just seeing Apollo Greef on-screen gives me the subconscious association). 

Have a listen to a bit of The Mandalorian Theme here... and then give a listen to "Going The Distance" for a minute or so. Similarities?

Goransson did the soundtrack for CREED, so he has done Rocky music before.

19 hours ago, Rip said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Tatooine! Lots of great call backs. Mos Eisley, Sandpeople, Pit Droids, Cantina, a Dewback, Star Wars canyon shot, plus much more.

I liked the story better than last week. Solid twist.
But didn't like that he left Baby Yoda alone for so long. I think its either 
Moff Gideon (Giancarlo Espositoor Greef Karga at the end, but not sure.

I think most will LOVE the location of this one. 

I liked it better than episode 4, but less than the first 3. 

Next week its Bill Burr.

:ohnoez:

Spoiler

There was NO blaster mark on the wall... Greedo never got a shot off!