• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, bentbryan said:

If what I’ve been reading the last couple months is accurate, the buzz at Disney has been very confident about the Mandolorian and how it will be received but at the same time very nervous about TROS... and it seems their expectations are playing out. Disney is fully aware of its missteps leading up to this and intends to rectify the Star Wars image. They simply have spent far too much money on the franchise to keep running it the way they have. It will be interesting to see what moves they make post-TROS in terms of who and what makes future SW films.

I for one would love to see a Vader heavy stand alone, from either end of III to Rogue One or from end of IV to V

1 hour ago, IkewithMike said:

I for one would love to see a Vader heavy stand alone, from either end of III to Rogue One or from end of IV to V

I have been saying this for years and even more so now! We never actually got to see Vader hunt down and kill Jedi as the Darth Vader we all love and know. This was mentioned in the original trilogy but not executed in the Revenge of the Sith except for him offing some little bastards. I loved seeing him tear apart the ship in Rogue One so to get a Vader movie of him in full costume blasting out the force would be right up my alley. Most importantly anyone tall can be Vader under that costume but James Earl Jones IS Darth Vader. He is almost 90 years old please don’t let that talent go further untapped.

3 minutes ago, Mephisto said:

I have been saying this for years and even more so now! We never actually got to see Vader hunt down and kill Jedi as the Darth Vader we all love and know. This was mentioned in the original trilogy but not executed in the Revenge of the Sith except for him offing some little bastards. I loved seeing him tear apart the ship in Rogue One so to get a Vader movie of him in full costume blasting out the force would be right up my alley. Most importantly anyone tall can be Vader under that costume but James Earl Jones IS Darth Vader. He is almost 90 years old please don’t let that talent go further untapped.

Agree wholeheartedly except that even on III James Earl Jones was sounding weak and nowhere near as strong as he used to be. They are going to have to find a decent mimic I think

I can't decide if this episode is the best or episode 3 where he steals the kid and all of the Mandalorians fly in to save him is the best.  I lean slightly towards episode 3 because that shootout is just too cool, but Giancarlo Esposito tips it right back to episode 7...so I just can't decide.  hm

Edited by fantastic_four

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I can't decide if this episode is the best or episode 3 where he steals the kid and all of the Mandalorians fly in to save him is the best.  I lean slightly towards episode 3 because that shootout is just too cool, but Giancarlo Esposito tips it right back to episode 7...so I just can't decide.  hm

Time to go back and watch them all over again. :whee:

On 12/20/2019 at 11:17 PM, Mr Sneeze said:

Just binge watched it this evening. Wow, I'm really impressed. Honestly, if they just focus on good writing - as they have here IMHO - they could leave the movies behind and do Game of Throne numbers in a short while.

The show has its minor issues, and a few weak episodes, but proves a few things.

When done right people still love Star Wars.

Star Wars can be successful beyond the core story and characters.

On 12/23/2019 at 6:58 PM, drotto said:

Star Wars can be successful beyond the core story and characters.

My favorite Star Wars stories are beyond the core story (episodes I-IX).

Enjoying the show and the fan-made content surrounding the show. (thumbsu

Just watched the first 3 episodes, really not a bad show. Feels modern without trying too hard. I really think this is the way shows are evolving (series style movies) and its not bad. I finished the first season of The Witcher and was really impressed. I can see this series taking off as well

Spoiler

The Darksaber is so rich with lore they can build movies around it. I would love to see an origin movie on this. For those looking for a toy, the Darksaber was packaged with Pre Vizsla (voiced by Jon Favreau). He is the Mandalorian who wielded it in The Clone Wars cartoon. It was already a short print figure selling for $50-$85 with the most recent sale after the live action reveal hitting $100. They also made a Darksaber toy called Pre Vizsla sword, this might help while searching on E-bay.

Edited by Rip

What's that thing?

Last episode was enjoyable but not one of the better ones.  The TIE fighter crashes but doesn't explode and they don't think to go check it?  He's tasked with finding out about the child, and the one guy who knows all about it falls right over there and he doesn't even check?  ???