• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, media_junkie said:

How cool would that be for those guys, something they all clearly have a passion about and they get called up to be used in an awesome show about the thing they are so passionate about.

I bet the guy from the 501st having to call everyone got a bunch of 'quit pulling my chain' responses initially. This had to be one heck of a wild experience.

I forget if it was @Buzzetta or @fantastic_four that questioned if Disney really takes action against people posting Disney images on social media.

DanielRPK is a big Disney supporter that also reports on TV and movie news.

daniel_RPK.PNG.3ea0b4f518fb9722029f62565f2ff27f.PNG

He posted a video of a Baby Yoda scene from The Mandalorian, celebrating how much he loved the show. Disney had Twitter suspend his account.

The Mouse don't play! No matter how much you cheer it on.

On 12/28/2019 at 11:47 PM, jcjames said:

The two troopers waiting around for confirmation was gold, pure gold! :roflmao:

It was almost "Tarantinesque" in the banter, and CLASSIC with them both trying to hit the target just a few feet in front of them. Whoever wrote that scene truly understands the subtle nuances of the Star Wars universe LOL! lol

The opening bike troopers scene was pure Taika Waititi. It’s the same kind of humor from his show Flight of the Concords.

Sorry, I kind of roll my eyes a little at the word “Tarantinoesque.” Too me, that means “hey, there’s a reference or rip-off from a better filmmaker like Martin Scorsese or Brian DePalma or more importantly Jim Jarmusch(whose Mystery Train Is owed everything by Pope Fiction). Hey, there’s another one! At least some guy is getting his arm sawed off! That’s funny!”

Sorry again. I’m a film guy and think Tarantino is a bit overrated.

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

The opening bike troopers scene was pure Taika Waititi. It’s the same kind of humor from his show Flight of the Concords.

Sorry, I kind of roll my eyes a little at the word “Tarantinoesque.” Too me, that means “hey, there’s a reference or rip-off from a better filmmaker like Martin Scorsese or Brian DePalma or more importantly Jim Jarmusch(whose Mystery Train Is owed everything by Pope Fiction). Hey, there’s another one! At least some guy is getting his arm sawed off! That’s funny!”

Sorry again. I’m a film guy and think Tarantino is a bit overrated.

tarantino_rage.gif.20c83b89cfb1d414aaa2cbd83164e644.gif

:baiting:

4 minutes ago, Bird said:

Really? I wouldn't call it his show at all

You’re right. It’s not his show. I guess I tend to think that as I know he was a working partner with that Jermaine Clement guy and did a couple episodes of the show. 

I’m not denying Tarantino’s influence on filmmaking (mostly derogatory,I remember all the horrible Mexican standoff scenes from every other movie in the 90’s and forced comic book references from Tarantino -script doctoring). It’s not hate for his movies but mainly a reaction to the overbearing worship people have for his work. I get absolutely nothing from his movies.

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

Completely felt Tarantino. For any flaws this season had (namely the shrimp farming episode) the positives vastly outweighed them. Some parts I felt a little iffy on letting my youngest watch, especially the Mandalorian Armorer just smashing guys faces in with the hammer, but overall me and my kids loved it.

Funny how “toxic fandom” disappears when you actually respect the history, the audience, and are more concerned with producing a good product over all other considerations.

Looking forward to season 2. First time in years I’ve had any hope for Star Wars.

Agreed. Although the 3 trailers leading up to TFA were pretty epic and gave us much hope! Especially for us old-School SW fans who had very much looked forward to, and were let down by, eps 1,2 and 3. 

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

Funny how “toxic fandom” disappears when you actually respect the history, the audience, and are more concerned with producing a good product over all other considerations.

I’m sure that’s just what George Lucas was thinking when he made the awful Prequel Trilogy. The right talent at the right time accounts for a lot. Sometimes it’s just lightning in a bottle. 
The Mandolorian was up and down for me. Nailed the tone of the first Star Wars movie with the slow desert shots. Overall, it seemed what I might expect from Jon Favreau, the filmmaker who brought us the live action Jungle Book.

33 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I’m sure that’s just what George Lucas was thinking when he made the awful Prequel Trilogy. The right talent at the right time accounts for a lot. Sometimes it’s just lightning in a bottle. 
The Mandolorian was up and down for me. Nailed the tone of the first Star Wars movie with the slow desert shots. Overall, it seemed what I might expect from Jon Favreau, the filmmaker who brought us the live action Jungle Book.

Respect history, Respect Fans, respect the final product over all other concerns...do that and you win.

As for TFA and it’s sequels. You give us midiclorians (not even bothering to spellcheck that garbage), Jar-Jar, and then kill off your only compelling character...all in the first movie...4CD1A7FC-D9E2-47AB-B420-29EC0C054C75.jpeg.7ea2220ce1c2596101c12b9579aa5352.jpeg

Edited by zhamlau

On 12/10/2019 at 9:05 AM, fantastic_four said:
On 12/10/2019 at 8:57 AM, Hollywood1892 said:
On 12/10/2019 at 6:10 AM, fantastic_four said:

Almost certainly not since Favreau also directed Elf.

Who do you think was at the end of the episode?

That little jangling sound they played at the end of the episode matched the jangling sound Boba Fett made in Empire Strikes Back so you've got to assume it's him.

We now know that guy at the end of episode 5 was Moff Gideon, right?  I don't recall hearing him with jangling sounds in episodes 7 and 8, but he definitely had the cape and boots we saw at the end looking at that dead bounty hunter.

22 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

We now know that guy at the end of episode 5 was Moff Gideon, right?  I don't recall hearing him with jangling sounds in episodes 7 and 8, but he definitely had the cape and boots we saw at the end looking at that dead bounty hunter.

Yeah, I didn't understand afterwards the sound effects applied fitting in with the character. Like they purposely tried to throw people off with these sounds, yet it didn't even fit with the character revealed.

It’s not Moff Gideon. We are supposed to think it’s Boba Fett (3 clues: this is on Tatooine, the cape and the spurs jangling) but I’d be surprised if that turns out who it’s supposed to be.  

edit: this will likely be a reveal for Season 2 

Edited by bentbryan

18 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

It’s not Moff Gideon. We are supposed to think it’s Boba Fett (3 clues: this is on Tatooine, the cape and the spurs jangling) but I’d be surprised if that turns out who it’s supposed to be.  

edit: this will likely be a reveal for Season 2 

Great point! And it makes sense since we got that reveal near the end about the Mandalorians saving him and their combat gear being quite similar in design.

On 12/27/2019 at 6:32 PM, Xenosmilus said:

The show has weak/childish dialog and plots. I THINK I understand Favreau's reasoning behind that. He is gearing it towards a younger/family audience which I can live with for now.

I enjoyed the simple jokes and dead-panning in episode 8. e.g. Apollo Creed actor saying, "Well, I am out of ideas" to defeat the Stormtroopers unit.

2 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

I enjoyed the simple jokes and dead-panning in episode 8. e.g. Apollo Creed actor saying, "Well, I am out of ideas" to defeat the Stormtroopers unit.

The Scout Troopers  "small talk" scene was awesome.  I agree with you though, I just have to get over the fact that Star Wars now is geared toward a younger audience (8-12 to young adult) and perhaps I have just out grown it :-(.

3 hours ago, Xenosmilus said:

The Scout Troopers  "small talk" scene was awesome.

That was 100% Taika Waititi since it's the only episode he directed.  Sounded like it could have come straight out of Thor: Ragnarok or What We Do In the Shadows.