• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

NOW they will take serious action. :facepalm:

Fans clamoring for toys of The Child, aka Baby Yoda from the popular Disney+ series The Mandalorian, will likely have to wait even longer now. Hasbro admitted in a SEC filing released Thursday it was experiencing coronavirus-related production difficulties in China. 

"The occurrence of these types of events can result, and in the case of the coronavirus has resulted in, disruptions and damage to our business, caused by both the negative impact to our ability to design, develop, manufacture and ship product (the supply side impact) and the negative impact on consumer purchasing behavior (the demand side impact)," the filing states. 

Julie Duffy, spokeswoman for Hasbro, told The Hollywood Reporter that the company would not comment on production status of specific brands or products, including Baby Yoda. 

Baby Yoda toys were set to arrive in stores this spring; some pre-orders were setting records.

Toys for the character that seemed to take the world by storm last fall were not available because Disney did not want to the reveal of Baby Yoda to be spoiled by toy catalogs ahead of The Mandalorian's debut.

Giancarlo Esposito played Moff Gideon in the first season of The Mandalorian, and although the character didn't appear in the flesh until the final episodes of the Disney+ series, he certainly made an impact, especially after it was revealed that Gideon had the Darksaber in his possession, a legendary weapon in Mandalorian culture which is very familiar to fans of Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels.

Production on season two of the Disney+ series recently wrapped, and ComingSoon caught up with Giancarlo Esposito during the premiere of STARGIRL, a Disney+ original film, and asked him whether he was ready to wield the Darksaber.

"I am. I really am. I want to say I’ve destroyed quite a few of them and the prop guys go, ‘Wow, you go all in."

Given Esposito's comment, I think it's safe to say that Moff Gideon will be doing more with the Darksaber than simply cutting his way out of crashed TIE fighters. The actor obviously couldn't spill anything major about the upcoming season, but he did share a few of his thoughts. "This season is going to be really great," Esposito said. "This is the ultimate space western that’s so connected to things that we don’t know and don’t see. Originally George Lucas had a mentor and friend in Joseph Campbell. Joseph Campbell was all about the power of myth and the journey of the hero. Isn’t every one of our journeys the journey of the hero?... The Mandalorian’ is a series so steeped in myth and the hero’s journey to overcome anything, to be in service… I love this show. I really do. It’s visionary in so many ways and I am happy to be a part of it." The Mandalorian creator/writer Jon Favreau has announced will be hitting Disney+ in Fall 2020.

Wow! Now that is big news for the show.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian Season 2 Casts Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka Tano

Ever since her debut in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, fans have been wanting to see Ahsoka Tano join the live-action galaxy of Star Wars stories, with /Film reporting that fans will finally be granted that wish as Rosario Dawson has been cast as the Jedi for Season Two of The Mandalorian. As fan casting campaigns have popped up with more regularity in recent years, Dawson herself has often expressed her interest in taking over the role, with this casting sure to excite not only Clone Wars fans, but also Dawson herself. Season Two of The Mandalorian is currently in production and will debut on Disney+ this October.

The character debuted as Anakin Skywalker's padawan, but over the course of the series, she proved herself to be just as compelling a character as Anakin himself, if not more so, winning over legions of fans. When The Clone Wars was unexpectedly cancelled after a cliffhanger episode, fans were devastated by the idea that we wouldn't see the conclusion of her adventure, knowing that she was entirely absent from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.