• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Rip said:

DNA make up/bio information for cloning?

That seems like the best guess.

Should we assume the guys who wanted him are part of the early First Order?  I do know that the stormtrooper outfits being worn in the show are specific to the Empire and are different than the First Order ones shown in Episodes 7 and 8, but I'm not sure that means much.  Here's a quick look at the differences below...the easiest to spot difference is the helmet style, plus the Empire stormtroopers have fake boobs built into the chest.  Overall I prefer the First Order design, it's sleeker and more streamlined.

4d8d163bc99d42b39d8fe3434349c800.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four

24 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That seems like the best guess.

Should we assume the guys who wanted him are part of the early First Order?  I do know that the stormtrooper outfits being worn in the show are specific to the Empire and are different than the First Order ones shown in Episodes 7 and 8, but I'm not sure that means much.  Here's a quick look at the differences below...the easiest to spot difference is the helmet style, plus the Empire stormtroopers have fake boobs built into the chest.  Overall I prefer the First Order design, it's sleeker and more streamlined.

4d8d163bc99d42b39d8fe3434349c800.jpg

Excellent post...

I agree regarding the shifting in fashion of the stormtroopers as they also changed from episodes I, II, III

10 hours ago, Rip said:

Another solid episode. A few minor summary points.

Hide contents

Using the Ice Cream maker as the Beskar bounty container....brilliant.

Got to see some great weapon usage.

Cooked stormtrooper, love it!

Nice John Wick moment. 

Wonderful seeing the flying Mandalorians especially with the Heavy trooper gear.

Is that Jon Favreau's voice?

Iron Man flying moment at the end...

Watching this series really makes be want to buy the toys.

I loved the episode overall, but I have to admit, I thought the flying salute was pretty lame. 

100% agree with the rest of your points though. 

I haven’t had a chance to watch the 3rd episode yet but I love the show. Live-action Star Wars greatness is back!

I do have a couple of quibbles, but the good points of the show far outweigh my nit-picks into irrelevance. 

One anticipatory concern I have: the Western vibe works great for this character and story. 

My fear is that since the industry in general is in an unimaginative monkey-see, monkey-do state, that suddenly EVERYTHING Star Wars will now be Spaghetti Western style. 

I hope they realize that the Star Wars Universe has room for a lot of different styles of shows. 

I definitely missed some details. And a funny one at that.

‘The Mandalorian’ on Disney+: 5 Things You May Have Missed in Episode 3

The Client's ice cream maker

mandalorian-3-camptono-ice-cream-maker.j

Upon delivering the child to the Client (Werner Herzog), we finally see the “camtono of Beskar” that he mentioned in Episode 1. A camtono is a kind of safe used in a galaxy far, far away, and it looks a lot like a retro ice cream maker. That’s because it is.

This camtono is a shout out to one of the most delightfully silly parts of Star Wars lore. During the evacuation of Cloud City during the final act of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, you can see a random citizen booking it while carrying what is clearly an ice cream maker.

empire-strikes-back-willrow-hood.jpg?qua

This guy was later named Willrow Hood by character guides, and he has become a favorite deep cut reference amongst Star Wars fans. There’s even a recurring Running of the Hoods event at Star Wars Celebration where fans dress up like Willrow and run through the convention center carrying ice cream makers.

:roflmao:

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I missed it. What is the surprise at the end of the credits I should have been looking for? Maybe I didn't watch it all the way through.

There's no video scene, it's just that the Mandalorian who talked a lot had a character name in the credits that's almost exactly the same as a character Jon Favreau voiced in the Clone Wars cartoon.  They didn't list a voice actor for the character, but fans are hypothesizing that Favreau voiced him in this episode, too.

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

There's no video scene, it's just that the Mandalorian who talked a lot had a character name in the credits that's almost exactly the same as a character Jon Favreau voiced in the Clone Wars cartoon.  They didn't list a voice actor for the character, but fans are hypothesizing that Favreau voiced him in this episode, too.

Thank you!

So the mention of Clan Vizsla. I saw that in an article somewhere, but didn't put the connection together.

The Mandalorian Episode Three Easter Eggs: Life Day, Iron Man, Princess Leia, and More

Another apparent Easter egg arises in the form of a hulking fellow Mandalorian who first menaces the hero, then comes to his rescue in the final act. He’s voiced by series creator Favreau, but performed by Tait Fletcher, the real-life MMA fighter and John Wick villain who played the bearded cantina tough guy in the opening scene of Chapter One.

Favreau previously voiced the Mandalorian warlord known as Pre Vizsla in the animated series The Clone Wars, and the credits reveal that this new character is named Paz Vizla—a slightly different spelling of the last name (perhaps a mistake?) but too close to be coincidence. This has to be someone from the House of Vizsla, and a nod toward Favreau’s earlier character.

What does "copyright striking" mean?  Sounds made up.  Certainly Disney is infamous for pursuing their copyrights more than any other content company I'm aware of, but this sounds over the top even for them.

16 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

What does "copyright striking" mean?  Sounds made up.  Certainly Disney is infamous for pursuing their copyrights more than any other content company I'm aware of, but this sounds over the top even for them.

Only because you are not familiar with the term.

When someone posts an image on social media of a character or emblem that is copyrighted by a studio, Twitter will send a warning or even have the account locked for a period of time. Disney is notorious for this with animated character images when it feels it is occurring too much.

:foryou: