• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Since this is strictly a thread about the show coming up and not actually what has been taking place in the show, should we not have a spoiler thread?

What do you mean Holly, I'm not sure I understand the question? This is the thread where we talk about everything related to the show. What's happened, what we think will happen etc.

Just now, Foley said:

What do you mean Holly, I'm not sure I understand the question? This is the thread where we talk about everything related to the show. What's happened, what we think will happen etc.

Oh

So I can spoil things than, excellent....here goes

I love Mando's real gang and how they came at the end and gave him a hand. Kinda like most epic war scenes where the heroes seem trapped against inescapable odds.

I'm not sure why people think it is a western? Because there isnt alot of grass?

I agree that it has a slight western feel to it, but it has spaceships. Westerns are a genre, a time piece.

This is a really awesome show.

59 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm not sure why people think it is a western? Because there isnt alot of grass?

I agree that it has a slight western feel to it, but it has spaceships. Westerns are a genre, a time piece.

It’s being compared to the Spaghetti Western genre because of the thematic elements. Lone gunfighter hero or antihero roaming the wastelands moving from town to town with purpose. (Very basic description. The genre also gives you a unique feeling that you are not watching a traditional Western popularized by the likes of John Wayne). The most well-known in the genre is The Man with No Name trilogy with Clint Eastwood which you can see shades of in the Mandalorian. 

10 minutes ago, Oddball said:

It’s being compared to the Spaghetti Western genre because of the thematic elements. Lone gunfighter hero or antihero roaming the wastelands moving from town to town with purpose. (Very basic description. The genre also gives you a unique feeling that you are not watching a traditional Western popularized by the likes of John Wayne). The most well-known in the genre is The Man with No Name trilogy with Clint Eastwood which you can see shades of in the Mandalorian. 

This...(thumbsu:tink:

4 hours ago, Oddball said:

It's definitely being pushed as a Western in space. There's no ignoring this.

Now what the future episodes bring may change that show atmosphere. But the last three episodes set that stage strongly. Especially that small town fight environment.

Best Buy has pre-orders up of the Heavy Mandalorian Trooper (Paz Vizla) right now. Orders have seemed to be off an on but If it's like other Mandalorian stuff I suspect this will completely sell out soon.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/star-wars-the-black-series-heavy-infantry-mandalorian-deluxe-action-figure/6359122.p?skuId=6359122

Edited by Rip

At least something good came of my redundant thread. This show is so good I have a feeling this thread will have some staying power, so to have it named correctly will pay dividends for months to come...

Dumb question I’m sure but I just got Disney+. There are more episodes (Chapters) coming right? If so does anyone know how many?

17 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

It's definitely being pushed as a Western in space. There's no ignoring this.

Now what the future episodes bring may change that show atmosphere. But the last three episodes set that stage strongly. Especially that small town fight environment.

Definitely... the third episode was an homage to each of the greatest scenes from the the Dollars trilogy.  Even the way Mando carries himself to his name suggests the influence.

He doesn’t speak much. He moves with swagger.  In dollars, Eastwood was referred to as “Joe” “Blondie” “Manco”...   on this show they call him “Mando”.

i am Living this show especially because the dollars trilogy is possibly one of my most enjoyed set of films ever produced.  I see a lot of influence here. 

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

At least something good came of my redundant thread. This show is so good I have a feeling this thread will have some staying power, so to have it named correctly will pay dividends for months to come...

Dumb question I’m sure but I just got Disney+. There are more episodes (Chapters) coming right? If so does anyone know how many?

5 more chapters this season, released every Friday

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

:foryou:

I didn't think the thread titles could be changed after a year. So your actions taught me something. Thank you.

And I bumped the episode schedule just recently so everyone was aware. Give me just a moment.

11 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

I like the weekly release much better than the one-time-dump. Expanse, I am looking at you.

I have to agree. The binge thing had some fun times. But for the most part you feel left hanging afterwards waiting for that next season because you received the full season in one large drop. And if you watched them rather quickly, that only adds to the feeling of potential dissatisfaction.

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I have to agree. The binge thing had some fun times. But for the most part you feel left hanging afterwards waiting for that next season because you received the full season in one large drop. And if you watched them rather quickly, that only adds to the feeling of potential dissatisfaction.

I will agree with you, however I do also like to "binge" on shows as well.  Can I never be satisfied!!!!!