• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show
7 7

1,256 posts in this topic

Rumor: Boba Fett Movie May Possibly Resume Development

Boba.jpg

It’s not exactly a secret that a Boba Fett movie was always on the cards for Lucasfilm, but given the departure of planned director Josh Trank and the fast-tracking of the Han Solo movie, it seemed like the movie was at risk of being cancelled altogether. Well, you can stop worrying about the fate of the project, because it seems as though it will still be made.

Omega Underground took notice of a certain addition to a list of film productions as observed by My Entertainment World. The addition of the Boba Fett movie to the list suggests that the project will be returning to early development in the near future. The premise reads as follows:

"An origin story of the galaxy’s most notorious bounty hunter. Boba Fett is a Mandalorian warrior who was trained by his father-figure Jango Fett and became a notorious bounty hunter throughout the galaxy."

Filming is slated to occur at Pinewood Studios in London at an unspecified date. The premise given is not an official one from Lucasfilm, but it does suggest that the movie is still looking into that tried and true “origin story” angle. Technically, we already know what Boba Fett’s origin story is through Attack Of The Clones and The Clone Wars – the latter of which actually explained that he wasn’t actually Mandalorian – but the emphasis seems more to be about how Boba Fett gained his reputation as the best bounty hunter in the Galaxy.

:whee:

Boba.jpg

It’s not exactly a secret that a Boba Fett movie was always on the cards for Lucasfilm, but given the departure of planned director Josh Trank and the fast-tracking of the Han Solo movie, it seemed like the movie was at risk of being cancelled altogether. Well, you can stop worrying about the fate of the project, because it seems as though it will still be made.

Omega Underground took notice of a certain addition to a list of film productions as observed by My Entertainment World. The addition of the Boba Fett movie to the list suggests that the project will be returning to early development in the near future. The premise reads as follows:

"An origin story of the galaxy’s most notorious bounty hunter. Boba Fett is a Mandalorian warrior who was trained by his father-figure Jango Fett and became a notorious bounty hunter throughout the galaxy."

Filming is slated to occur at Pinewood Studios in London at an unspecified date. The premise given is not an official one from Lucasfilm, but it does suggest that the movie is still looking into that tried and true “origin story” angle. Technically, we already know what Boba Fett’s origin story is through Attack Of The Clones and The Clone Wars – the latter of which actually explained that he wasn’t actually Mandalorian – but the emphasis seems more to be about how Boba Fett gained his reputation as the best bounty hunter in the Galaxy.

If Bobba was Jangos clone and Jango was Madalorian would that not make Bobba Mandalorian?

What did I miss?

Boba.jpg

If Bobba was Jangos clone and Jango was Madalorian would that not male Bobba Mandalorian?

What did I miss?

The 'k' in 'make'?

:insane:

:baiting:

I could have sworn I remember it that Boba was Jango's clone and they stole the Mandalorian armor...but neither Jango nor Boba were actually Mandalorian.

According to Prime Minister Almec "Jango Fett was a common bounty hunter. How he acquired that armor is beyond me." In the same discussion, he denied that Mandalorians are anything but peaceful. During the same episode we learn of Death Watch, a group of Mandalorians that wanted a return to Mandalore's warrior ways. Death Watch is based on Concordia. (Season 2 episode 12 - The Mandalore Plot)

It is possible (maybe even likely since it doesn't tie future movie writer's hands) Jango and Boba are not Mandalorian. But it hasn't been explicitly said one way or another in new canon.

Edited by rjrjr

I never realized this about Fett's early appearances.

Boba Fett stems from initial design concepts for Darth Vader, who was originally conceived as a rogue bounty hunter.

Boba Fett first appeared at the September 20, 1978, San Anselmo Country Fair parade. The character appeared on television two months later, animated by Nelvana Studios for the Star Wars Holiday Special as a mysterious figure who betrays Luke Skywalker after saving him, Chewbacca, C-3PO and R2-D2 from a giant monster, only to be revealed as a bounty hunter working for Darth Vader. After his image and identity were revealed in the Holiday Special, costumed Fett characters appeared in shopping malls and special events, putting up "Wanted" posters of the character to distinguish him from the franchise's Imperial characters. He also appears in Marvel Comics' Star Wars newspaper strip.

Star Wars creator George Lucas considered adding a shot of Fett escaping the Sarlacc in 'Return of the Jedi', but decided against it because it would have detracted from the story's focus, instead leaving the task of "reviving" Fett to Expanded Universe canon. Lucas also said that, had he known Fett would be so popular, he would have made the character's death "more exciting." Lucas at one point considered depicting Vader and Fett as brothers in the prequel films, but discounted it as too "hokey." In continuing to develop the character in the prequel films, Lucas closed some avenues for expanding the character's story while opening others. Fett escaped from the Sarlacc in the Star Wars Legends continuity, but since that continuity no longer counts as canon in the official canon, Fett's final fate was left unknown, although it's likely that he died. However, in July 2014, Star Wars historian Jonathan W. Winzler revealed that Lucas had told him that Fett escaped from the Sarlacc, but this still needs to be demonstrated in the official canon.

The young adult Fett book series released after Clones depicts Fett taking his father's ship and armor to begin his own bounty-hunting career. Some Expanded Universe stories released before Attack of the Clones depict other accounts of Fett's origins. These stories include him being a stormtrooper who killed his commanding officer; a leader of the fabled Mandalorian warriors; and Jaster Mereel, a "Journeyman Protector" convicted of treason. Karen Traviss' novel Bloodlines (2006), published four years after Clones, states that Fett seeded some of these "false" backstories himself.

So they could go with a reveal Fett had lied about much of his origin. Even that a fellow clone fell into the Sarlacc's mouth in 'Return of the Jedi'.

My understanding was that Fett was originally like a Super Trooper in which they turned around and decided to change him to a bounty hunter hence the Prototype bust statue in all white that was released at sdcc 2015. No idea where it came from that he was built around concepts of Vader. That is my understanding though.

Base this off these quotes.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/star-wars-boba-fett-prototype-armor-sideshow-collectibles-1001361/

"In 1978 Joe Johnston designed an early prototype of the infamous bounty hunter Boba Fett, for Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back. The original 'Supertrooper' design featured striking all-white armor and the first prototypes of Fett's trademark weapons.

"

Also the original armor was all white.

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/star-wars-test-footage-reveals-boba-fetts-original-white-armor.html

They do state in that video they where going to add colour to him.

Star Wars historian

:facepalm:

lol

You're just jealous because he got selected first. Even receives a lifetime subscription to 'George Lucas Jelly Mold Magazine' for life.

:baiting:

(thumbs u That term is just sooooooo....nerdy? I'm a big fan, but "historian"? Geez

3 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

If they have to make these spinoffs at all, I'd like to see an Obi Wan film with Ewan McGregor, and something about the ancient Jedi/Sith battle. 

YES, YES, YES!!! A Obi Wan film & a Yoda trilogy would be their best bet. A Yoda film could take place centuries ago without touching upon anything they've done so far. I think that's something Disney needs to do if they're going to breathe new life into the franchise. I don't think fans want an episode X, XI & XII after what they did to the original characters.