• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Facilitators, Scared Boardies & Cool Books - A Love Story

219 posts in this topic

Venom I was unaware of your item having arrived damaged as you did not contact me regarding it. I have contacted you to attempt to resolve this issue.

Does anyone not see a pattern? Think of how many are not posting?

I want to post an update to my previous post.. Doug has since worked with me to make things right. I understand this thread is unfortunate, and can hurt not just feelings but a business as well BUT without something like this I'd still feel jaded. I want to personally thank Doug for stepping up and doing the right thing by me. Communication is everything and i'm sure this is now something that is fully understood.

thanks for doing right by me Doug. Means a lot!

He did give me refund and yes I do have a 9.6 he initially sent however as I stated all I want is the 9.8 which is what I purchased.

I cannot in good faith take what I did not purchase! This is not about getting extra loot! It is about standing by your word and delivering the service.

All I need is for Doug to make right and I will gladly send this book back to him.

Looks like Doug did everything possible to make it right including giving a full refund.

You have a 9.8 enroute to you and your money back. I see no reason for this thread to exist other than dragging someone's name through the mud.

It would certainly be ironic if OP wound up on the probation list because of this hit job...

I can guaranty that wont happen!

But thank you again.

How about Doug winding up there?

Is that possible?

Are you really this obtuse? I make no comment whatsoever on this situation - save this one - when people start talking about the Probation List, the rules of the Probation List obtain. And making things right will insure Doug is not on the PL.

To the OP - when you get your 9.8, will you return the money and the 9.6? If you fail to do so, should you go on the PL?

Everyone has the right to receive that for which they have bargained. But at what point do you realize that you are being placed on people's "do not deal with" list for being unreasonable?

I do not agree with you, in fact Sean quite the opposite.

I guess time will tell when others get involved.

And as for someone trying to make things right after the fact that is getting your hand caught in the cookie jar. Especially when then is not a single incident.

Again, I am speaking purely about the PL rules. Not your "honor code" or the "cookie jar." It is clear from your PMs that this deal has a moral imperative attached to it. That is fine. Just understand that your moral imperative does not change the rules of the PL. My attempt to clarify is a FAIL, and I feel stupider for the effort. Thank you.

Sean,

I very nearly spewed a mouthful of good Chimney Rock.

Chimney rock seems like something one should not ingest. If Sean had a nickel for every time he caused this reaction he'd be retired. Fun stuff.

I want to post an update to my pervious post.. Doug has since worked with me to make things right. I understand this thread is unfortunate, and can hurt not just feelings but a business as well BUT without something like this I'd still feel jaded. I want to personally thank Doug for stepping up and doing the right thing by me. Communication is everything and i'm sure this is now something that is fully understood.

thanks for doing right by me Doug. Means a lot!

(thumbs u something good came from this!

Venom I was unaware of your item having arrived damaged as you did not contact me regarding it. I have contacted you to attempt to resolve this issue.

Does anyone not see a pattern? Think of how many are not posting?

That can be true for both sides...

And to have Dre chiming in trying to look like a knight in shinning armor, admitting that he knows the OP personally, stinks of outside influence towards the OP in hopes of stealing "business" away from Doug.

Have you ever dealt with Dre? Doubt he is trying to "steal" business away from Doug. lol

You, on the other hand, seem to expect absolute perfection every step of the way and will simply not accept anything else. Which is naive & unrealistic.

The only thing this thread has truly illuminated is that you, as a buyer, are way more trouble than you're worth.

PREACH!!!! :applause:

i've read some of this, why would anyone who has a issue stay quite about it with a seller........it's quite easy to send a PM to ANYONE to try and work it out, if it doesn't get worked out then i can see maybe makeing a stink out of it or if the person is being an individual_without_enough_empathy to bring it to the board attention

i have a PM with doug and even though i get his group PM's i handel everything in that PM with him, any issues that arise i write him and we work it out.....our latest was since i make payments our maths got a little messed up so i backtracked found out where the issue was and all was good again. took about 5min on my end and a little bit on his to get back to me and agree, lol and anyone who i've done payments with can tell you i keep really good record of what i owe and of each payment so there is no mistakes

i've had issues with other bordies i've bought off of or done SS with, and it was simeple to PM them and get any problems fixed

evilawd to me you're coming off as someone who had a problem, a fix was put in place to make you whole, then you seeming to have sour grapes bc it didn't happen the way you wanted or fast enough or whatever

venom i don't understand why you would feel jaded towards doug when you seemingly made no effort to let him know there was a problem to begin with......damed mind reading not working again (not an attack, i just don't get it. you can PM me as this isn't what the thread is about)

It was recently brought to my attention this evening by several board members, facilitators, and friends that there is such a thing as making a customer happy and there is also such a thing as letting customer take advantage. I've decided to heed that advice and stop bending over backwards to try and make a couple customers happy who obviously cannot and will not be made happy.

As I said before we do a lot of Volume we expect for refunds to happen we don't deny that they do happen. When they happen and are brought to my attention we make the offended party right within 24 hours.

I will agree that this thread did some good:

as it has brought up that some clearer communication is needed with our ordering process and CGC tracking. I got the message and when everyone is back at the office onThursday we will have a meeting to discuss this.

It also let me know that Adam and Madgenuis had outstanding issues that I thought were resolved. I clearly did not know about them and made them whole as soon as I learned.

It also let me realize that I can't make everyone happy no matter how hard I try. So feel free to pile on if you must. But at this point I've said all that I can say about the matter.

If another party pops up with an issue please contact me and I'll respond because odds are I won't be checking this thread again. I figure if something does occur of great importance then CGC or a friend will contact me directly. Until then I'll worry about my family, my clients and as always any customers who contact me with concerns.

As always refunds were offered and will always be offered on any of our products that do not match with the listed sales thread they are advertised in.

This thread shows me that while the seller isn't perfect, the customer is not always right either.

Any high volume business is going to have things fall through the cracks. I'd expect that to be the norm rather than the exception.

Running a business is an evolution. If someone doesn't want to do business with someone somewhere long the way, they don't need to start a thread about it or shout it from the hilltops.

It sounds like Doug has made a few mistakes along the way but has over compensated to what I would consider overwhelmingly in favor of the customer. I understand you don't want the hassle of waiting after paying and having to return something you didn't order. Welcome to mail order. It's been happening since the 1st mail order comic businesses 50 years ago and it happens to today with the largest corporations.

The comic book hobby can be very fickle. People are super picky about what they want and don't want. This chat forum is proof of that fact and it's been proving it for 15 years.

A comment about promised grades - CGC themselves can't guarantee your book will come back in the same grade if resubmitted. There is no absolute standard for a 9.6 or a 9.8 because they are graded by subjective humans.

And while Doug is promising grades and making right after the grades don't come out as promised, if you want to mitigate your risk, just buy something already graded.

It's that easy.

The 'drum und strang' in this thread is just entertainment for the masses at this point.

So refund given, keep the 9.6, and a 9.8 will be sent for free?

Yep...dscott is completely out of line. lol

But, but..he had to wait 6 months. Oh the humanity!!! :cry::cry::cry:

I understand he doesn't want to wait or doesn't want the hassle OR just wants exactly what he ordered but in an imperfect world, this is over the top 'kiss ' customer service. If only my phone companies and banks that I deal with cared half as much.

codemaster_comics_games is my eBay store. I am the friend that Doug mentioned from his LCS. I do work with Doug as a witness for ComicSketchArt. I also frequent the same comic store as he does. I also work with a co-witness, James Walker.

The book that has been posted above was done and graded before Starlord86 bought his copy. It was signed in April while Starlord86's was signed at WW Chicago (8/18-21).

I assume this is the book (link) that caused the PM because it was recently listed.

My book was purchased on 8/25 ( photo), long after Starlord's book was submitted to CGC.

My book was witnessed at Fan Expo Canada by one of the multiple witnesses that were at the show other than me. Witnesses are allowed to sell books but need a separate witness for their own books. Until the book was sent to Doug in a pm I'm sure he didn't even know I still had it or what the grade was. As I don't make a habit of informing him of every personal book that comes in from CGC."