• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which should i get....

17 posts in this topic

for an early birthday present to myself-

im torn as I like both books

a 6.5 flash comics 90 with a cool baseball cover

or for about 100.00 more

a 8.5 'tec 113 with a cool batman at sea cover

like both -like higher grade dc gold but cant afford unless non-super villain issue

thanks and hope everyone had a happy holidays around here

cheers

for an early birthday present to myself-

im torn as I like both books

a 6.5 flash comics 90 with a cool baseball cover

or for about 100.00 more

a 8.5 'tec 113 with a cool batman at sea cover

like both -like higher grade dc gold but cant afford unless non-super villain issue

thanks and hope everyone had a happy holidays around here

cheers

Personally, the Tec all day long (thumbs u

Which character do you prefer?

Which cover do you prefer?

How much added satisfaction do you get from owning an 8.5 book vs. a 6.5 book, as opposed to content/character/cover?

I very much like the Flash with the baseball cover so it's a hard one for me but at the end of the day I prefer early Detective Comics so I would go for that one. The other reason is that OK you buy the Flash book but do you care about any other early Flash Comics? If the answer is no and you think you may buy other early TEC comics then again buy the TEC book.

This is the reasoning I used when I was going to buy that Flash book but then said to myself do I enjoy early Flash books in general or just this one and the answer was no I do not so for me just owning one early Flash book was simply to boring of a goal for me. I simply prefer the TEC series and would be very happy to own as many early issues as I can.

The Tec doesn't really grab me..... are you committed to slabs, or are these raw ? .....if raw, I'd rather have a GA Batman.....all Batman inside..... the Flash is interesting, but I'm not sure why the 6.5 Flash is so close in price to the Detective @ 8.5..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The Tec doesn't really grab me..... are you committed to slabs, or are these raw ? .....if raw, I'd rather have a GA Batman.....all Batman inside..... the Flash is interesting, but I'm not sure why the 6.5 Flash is so close in price to the Detective @ 8.5..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Good point about the price. Checking both Heritage and ebay, these books should have rough parity in the same grade, so an unrestored 8.5 'Tec 113 should run about double what a 6.5 Flash 90 would, give or take.