• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DCBS changing Flat Rate Shipping Charge???

29 posts in this topic

I think it will be interesting to see if my account gets flagged. Ordered 25 copies of Oblivion Song #1. Typically, I order 1 each of new Valiant titles and a handful of Image and IDW titles. Outcast #1 I ordered 15 copies of 1 and 10 copies of 2 - 15. Sold several sets before the market tanked on that one and several CGC graded #1s on ebay. Planning to order at least 10 copies of Oblivion Song #2 - 12 also (to sell in sets as well as getting some #1s graded). I very rarely order multiples of anything.

On 2/1/2018 at 5:24 PM, Malavin said:

Is there any valid reason why someone would buy more than two copies of an issue of a comic to not resell?

Possibly. I bought boxes upon boxes of Pokémon cards to give my kids when they got older because they absolutely loved the show. We also played the game, along with MTG for years. I have the cards divided and the kids are now welcome to them though to this point, they still leave them with me. None of them feel permanently settled and they don't want to lose them. 

I never had any intention of selling them and I was successful in that pursuit. That isn't to say that someday the kids won't sell them. It was always my intention for them to have something from their childhood just like my comics, cards, Megos, and Star Wars toys were available to me and my bro. It was such a great feeling for us. 

On 2/1/2018 at 6:24 PM, Malavin said:

Is there any valid reason why someone would buy more than two copies of an issue of a comic to not resell?

If one is determined to have a slabbed 9.8 and can't inspect the books before purchasing, buying a bunch of them would be the way to go. Reselling would not be the reason a person bought so many, although reselling the ones that aren't slab-worthy could be one action to come out of the process.

i dumped DCBS about 3 months ago after the quality of what they sent me went down the tubes.  We're talking 80% of each order looked like 9.0's.  They blamed Diamond yet I have no trouble buying nice books at the LCS.

On 2/6/2018 at 4:11 PM, Pirate said:

i dumped DCBS about 3 months ago after the quality of what they sent me went down the tubes.  We're talking 80% of each order looked like 9.0's.  They blamed Diamond yet I have no trouble buying nice books at the LCS.

I know there were a lot of problems at first when they switched to a new warehouse location, but they got better.

On 2/6/2018 at 4:11 PM, Pirate said:

There was one month where all of my incentive variants were damaged. Like someone dropped my batch, then said "F it," and shipped them to me anyway. Since then I make a point to check the condition of the pricey books right away.