• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Empty Package Scam from EBay Seller

180 posts in this topic

I'm a bit confused.

The listing was as follows, yes?

This auction is for an Amazing Fantasy volume #15 Silver Age Comic, which is the first appearance of Spider-Man. This comic is complete, and all the pages are attached. I took pictures of every page, and I will post them later tonight. The colors are good, and pages are off-white to yellowish. I grade this comic at about 4.0 VG and I try to grade lower than most comic book stores.

Insurance and signature confirmation will be required.

How did the CGC case come into the picture?

Excellent work

:applause:

While the front covers look to be an exact match, there seem to be differences on the back cover. The "other company's" book has a water stain on the upper left corner, where the raw book does not.

There is also a crease on the left hand middle side of the graded book. The raw book seems to have the same flaw, but it is lighter (or less pronounced) and there looks to be a tear that the raw book doesn't have.

It is possible that they used a different book for the back cover scans or damage occurred prior to grading, but, I thought I would mention it just in case.

AF15Scam_zpsnkuyoqnv.jpg

More good evidence the sale was a fraud-the damaged back cover shows it is not from the same book as the front cover because the damage was in the slabbed book, which theoretically would have been bought before the undamaged b/c copy.

If someone can locate where the b/c pic came from you can show the pics are from 2 different books.

More good evidence the sale was a fraud-the damaged back cover shows it is not from the same book as the front cover because the damage was in the slabbed book, which theoretically would have been bought before the undamaged b/c copy.

If someone can locate where the b/c pic came from you can show the pics are from 2 different books.

That's awesome kav. But why did the seller ship a raw book in a CGC case?

Those two books look exactly the same in Aszumilo's photo...the only difference looks like some photo shopping. What is the chance that you'd have two books with the exact same scrape (size, angles and location) on the red candy box and the two faint white lines above the tear are identical in both pics. just my opinion .

Those two books look exactly the same in Aszumilo's photo...the only difference looks like some photo shopping. What is the chance that you'd have two books with the exact same scrape (size, angles and location) on the red candy box and the two faint white lines above the tear are identical in both pics. just my opinion .

I agree with your opinion rosco.

Sorry to hear about this either way.

-bc

BC pictures look the same to me (shrug) sure the raw one looks slightly doctored by the damage is clearly there and has the exact same signature.

Yep. Photoshopped.

It's the same images, front and back. Just slightly photoshopped.

That's awesome kav. But why did the seller ship a raw book in a CGC case?

He didn't. He just threw in the case to add weight to the parcel and to try and confuse matters. That's why he also threw in the USPS flyers-apparently hoping to point the finger at a postal employee.

I agree that it is most likely the same back cover. There are many tell tale signs there. The question is, when and where did the water stain and tear come from?

Its the same picture. If you look at the entire back cover you can see there is over spray on both copies in the same exact location, there is a hanging piece on the spine in the same location on the lower right corner, and there is also a slight quarter circle shadow barely touching the lower right corner on the mail order coupon on both books. The picture was lightened but its the same book.

Hope you get your money back soon.

If you can demonstrate the photo has been manipulated that's another nail in his coffin that the entire listing was a fraud.