Cool Lines Art Work Inquiry
2 2

214 posts in this topic

1,235 posts
8 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

Also they frankly appear to be collectors who happen to have given themselves a business name and price portions of their art collection for “sale”, which is to say, not really, but sort of. And that money raised (always well above what they paid) seems to buy more pieces. 

100% correct

1,243 posts
15 hours ago, NewCollector101 said:

What do you mean?

I think he means stuff like the HA strip art auction.   I'm not sure ANY HA auction will truly underperform though, maybe underwhelm, for the buyers bench is not deep, and I suspect a few people would be shilling propping it up.

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

5,016 posts
Posted (edited)

75% haircut...that's about right. Now everybody knows what to counter-offer Steve with ;)

Edited by vodou
misspelling

1,235 posts
11 minutes ago, vodou said:

75% haircut...that's about right. Now everybody knows what to counter-offer Steve with ;)

My heart is full.....

1,235 posts
35 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

In this case, I am lower.

My colon is full...

3158A828-5765-4D15-9516-06DFEEFD4F64.jpeg.853db99f956c1d5e70963315eafde606.jpeg

1,235 posts
13 hours ago, grapeape said:

3158A828-5765-4D15-9516-06DFEEFD4F64.jpeg.853db99f956c1d5e70963315eafde606.jpeg

If anyone has this fiber original artwork I might be willing to trade 2 Sal Buscema’s and a Rob Liefeld Captain America “bust.”

1,158 posts

This is all nice but I just wish they would either be collectors and just put stuff for sale. This nexus uncertainty is weird.

5,016 posts
8 minutes ago, ignimbrite said:

and just put stuff for sale

Oh it's all for sale. But if you meet their price, they'll just use your own money against you at the next auction lol

321 posts

Notice how the Donnellys changed the description of this item they purchased from HA to make it sound like Kirby actually touched the piece and drew layouts, which were then finished by Purcell. Here is the original listing from HA:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/howard-purcell-black-knight-marvelmania-poster-original-art-marvel-1969-/a/7204-93128.s?ic4=OtherResults-SampleItem-071515&tab=ArchiveSearchResults-012417

And here is the Donnelly piece with their altered and deceptive description. #lame.

http://www.coollinesartwork.com/Featured.asp?Piece=309213

235 posts
1 hour ago, lobrac said:

Notice how the Donnellys changed the description of this item they purchased from HA to make it sound like Kirby actually touched the piece and drew layouts, which were then finished by Purcell. Here is the original listing from HA:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/howard-purcell-black-knight-marvelmania-poster-original-art-marvel-1969-/a/7204-93128.s?ic4=OtherResults-SampleItem-071515&tab=ArchiveSearchResults-012417

And here is the Donnelly piece with their altered and deceptive description. #lame.

http://www.coollinesartwork.com/Featured.asp?Piece=309213

yeah... they took a pretty loose interpretation of that description from HA ... ... ... 

3,854 posts
10 hours ago, wurstisart said:

And how did the price change 🤷‍♂️?

The paid $4800.

The price posted on their site is "For Sale."