• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool Lines Art Work Inquiry
1 1

210 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

How the HELL do you get prices from them? I sent them an inquiry about a few pieces using their site's built in web form and didn't hear back for a month or two, then I sent them an e-mail also asking for prices and it's been radio silence for the last few weeks. What gives? Is there another way to reach them that I should be using? 

Stuff happens. I am still waiting for Tim Bradstreet to get back to me, and it’s been almost 3 years.

Try using their CAF contact, but be warned, the more you contact them, the more you are likely to pay. They may have also sold it but left it on their site, and that could also account for their non-reply. 

3 hours ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

How the HELL do you get prices from them? I sent them an inquiry about a few pieces using their site's built in web form and didn't hear back for a month or two, then I sent them an e-mail also asking for prices and it's been radio silence for the last few weeks. What gives? Is there another way to reach them that I should be using? 

One brother must be out of town and the other's awaiting his return so he can ask him.

16 minutes ago, ESeffinga said:

Do you think this is the way it is for them at Thanksgiving?

Cousin:               Can you pass the gravy?
One of the two:   Hold on, I've got to ask my brother...

One of the two (five minutes later): My brother says I can pass it, but only in trade for 4 Jim Lee covers and a Killing Joke page. 

Edited by comix4fun

1 hour ago, The Voord said:

One brother must be out of town and the other's awaiting his return so he can ask him.

Never gets old! Of course I still laugh at the “who’s on first?” Abbott and Costello routine so.....

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

One of the two (five minutes later): My brother says I can pass it, but only in trade for 4 Jim Lee covers and a Killing Joke page. 

Keep them coming!! It’s funny and horrifying because it’s true!!!

1 hour ago, ESeffinga said:

Do you think this is the way it is for them at Thanksgiving?

Cousin:               Can you pass the gravy?
One of the two:   Hold on, I've got to ask my brother...

Encore!!! Encore !!!

Los Hermanos Del arts and crafts 

The Brothers Grim

Inquire

They have tremendous art!

Inquire

Just ask him for a price

Then wait while “I ask my brother.”

3 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

Stuff happens. I am still waiting for Tim Bradstreet to get back to me, and it’s been almost 3 years. 

What are you waiting on with Tim? An inquiry on original art? A commission? Anything that has to do with a sketch book?

38 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Yes, no, no.

Not sure if you’ve been doing follow-ups on regular intervals or what, but Tim is not one I’d hold high hopes for a response. I asked if he had a sketchbook of yours because I would’ve started assembling a rescue team for you. 

5 minutes ago, Khazano said:

No it's not. They're bona fide fraudsters and borderline confidence artists. I'd say sociopath is an accurate description. 

I certainly don’t agree with their business practices (passing things off as covers when they’re not, etc) but I don’t pretend they are the only dealers/collectors that are unscrupulous and/or duplicitous either. 

6 hours ago, vodou said:

I guarantee what you are experiencing right now will be the least frustrating part of dealing further with them.

They're doing you a favor by being slow to respond :)

Cut your losses and walk. Man. Do it now!

Yeah that’s pretty funny. And accurate. But the OP has been warned for the last 3 years. If he still wants to dive off the cliff, move out of the way and let him dive!

Over at the L.A. Comic Art Con, Rich was set up but not Steve. While I was flipping through his portfolios, a young collector like in his early 30s goes up to Rich and asks if he still had such-and-such complete story. Then Rich says...wait for it... “Let me call my brother.” So he calls Steve and while Steve is probably checking his inventory, the young collector is telling Rich, “Three years ago he said if he didn’t sell it complete that he would break it up. Tell him I want the splash page and page X really, really, really bad.”

Good grief, fella. Put on a little poker face. 

1 hour ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

Not sure if you’ve been doing follow-ups on regular intervals or what, but Tim is not one I’d hold high hopes for a response. I asked if he had a sketchbook of yours because I would’ve started assembling a rescue team for you. 

I basically gave up. Oh well, he could have made some money.

2 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

I certainly don’t agree with their business practices (passing things off as covers when they’re not, etc) but I don’t pretend they are the only dealers/collectors that are unscrupulous and/or duplicitous either. 

Correct.

But normalized behavior among a sub(terranean)-class doesn't make the behavior less abnormal for the larger set ;)