• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MARVEL'S SPIDER-MAN on Disney XD (8/19/17)

16 posts in this topic

4PdmUNU.jpg

Spider-Man 2017 Cartoon Will Feature Venom, Spider-Gwen, and Miles Morales

Marvel Animation didn’t reveal much about the upcoming Spider-Man cartoon scheduled next year for Disney xD, however, illustration and design studio Fractured Pixels uploaded merchandising designs that suggest it won’t be a solo Peter Parker show.

SM_SG16_5.jpg

spider-man-2017-cartoon.jpg

The company’s portfolio features promotional artwork for the 2017 Spider-Man cartoon with Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, Miles Morales, and fan-favorite villain Venom taking center stage. Spider-Gwen and Miles are prominently displayed on various merchandise, suggesting they play an important role in the new Spider-Man series. The biggest giveaway that the new cartoon will be a team-up series is the t-shirt design that features all three heroes with the word “Team-Up!” splattered across.

Edited by Bosco685

I wonder if the Marvel animated series will surpass the Sony animated movie, though focused on different characters?

Marvel Animation VP Says New Series Will Tackle SPIDER-ISLAND, Also Wants To Adapt SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN

Speaking to CBR about the finale of Avengers: Ultron Revolution, Marvel VP of Animation Stephen Wacker disclosed that the upcoming new Spider-Man TV show will look to adapt 2011's Spider-Island crossover which saw normal residents of Manhattan gain Spider-Man's abilities but slowly begin to mutate into the Man-Spider version of the wall-crawler. "Another story we have coming up on the Spidey side… we’ll get to ‘Spider Island’ at some point. That was a big Spider-Man story in publishing."

Another modern Spider-Man story Wacker wants to tackle is 2013's The Superior Spider-Man which saw Doc Ock swap bodies with Peter Parker but in the process, become motivated by Peter's memories to become a better Spider-Man than Peter ever was. "The big one for me [personally] would be ‘Superior Spider-Man'. That was the last big story I worked on in the comics side with Dan Slott. I’m not quite sure how we get there, but I’d love to see it."

Indeed it seems Wacker much prefers to tackle popular storylines from his time as an editor in lieu of focusing on the popular stories from the early days of Marvel. "I guess also, in a lot of ways, it’s important to me that we don’t just pull from the classic stories, but [stories] that newer comic readers might recognize. ‘Superior Spider-Man’ is a good example. Not something pulled from something 40 years ago all the time, so we’re not retelling the ‘Kree/Skull War’ or ‘Spider-Man: No More.'"

Marvel’s Spider-Man Animated Series Video & Poster Arrive

The first look at the all-new Marvel’s Spider-Man animated series has arrived, pitting Peter against a souped-up Scorpion. Last year, word broke that Marvel would be ending Ultimate Spider-Man after four seasons and kicking off a brand new series simply titled Marvel’s Spider-Man. The move came as a shock to fans, but it’s not exactly a new one. Marvel have often folded one Spidey series just to create another in its place. The latest change-up, however, was a bit more unusual as the existing series was already on a Disney-owned channel.

The move, though, seemed to mirror the one in the MCU, focusing more on a grounded Spidey rather than the more fantastical take on the character from Ultimate Spider-Man. Following the news, some merchandise for the series leaked teasing the appearance of Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, and Venom. Like the more recent seasons of Ultimate Spider-Man, the merch pointed towards a more Spider-centric series. Since then, the only other news we’ve received regarding the show was some purported concept art showing Spidey fleeing from five members of the Sinister Six. Now, we finally know how the show will look in action.

8ORlZ6y.png

‘Marvel’s Spider-Man’: Nadji Jeter on Bringing Miles Morales into the Spotlight

marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-nadji-j

Nadji Jeter, the voice and performer behind Miles, is super excited for fans to see this episode, titled “Ultimate Spider-Man”, because it’s going to change things in a big way for the animated series. Appearing on Disney xD Saturday September 23rd at 8am, this episode sees Miles bitten by an experimental spider resulting in brand-new spider powers. It isn’t long before Spider-Man himself must teach Miles the responsibilities of being a super hero. I had a chance to talk to Jeter ahead of the new episode to get an idea of what Miles Morales means to him and the character’s fans around the world.

Nadji Jeter: It’s been overwhelming because this episode coming up is going to have such an impact. I’m so excited for everyone to see this.

Here’s how Jeter reacted to the news that he’d be voicing Miles:

Jeter: I was calling family, I was calling friends, because I knew the impact that Miles had on the Marvel world. I have an uncle who is a huge, huge comic book fan and he’s a huge Miles Morales fan. When he was a kid in the 80s and 90s, he had all the Spider-Man comics. So he gave me more of a push to really carry this character.

Miles gets some incredible powers in this episode, powers that even Peter Parker doesn’t have:

Jeter: People are definitely going to see the switch in the voice, the character, everything. Before he had his powers, he’s the youngest kid at Horizon High, so he had Peter Parker and all these other classmates … but at the same time, Miles is a genius, one of the smartest kids at Horizon.

marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-600x338

Here’s what Jeter is most excited for fans to see this weekend and in the episodes ahead:

Jeter: For him to kick some butt! He does a lot of fighting. Miles shows he can take on five super-villains at one time in a couple episodes and he has episodes where he’s fighting villains himself. I think I’m most excited to really see Miles in action, for everyone to see Miles in action.

Olivia Holt And Aubrey Joseph's Cloak And Dagger Go Beast Mode For Marvel's Spider-Man XD

a289ac1b8186ab6aeedd2c991920cbfd8936649e

Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph have been the stars of Marvel's Cloak & Dagger for 2 seasons now, and ahead of any more adventures on the Freeform series, the crime-fighting duo is hitting the road. We learned earlier this year they'll be appearing in Hulu's other teen superhero series Marvel's Runaways, and the two will soon also jump into the world of animation for a guest spot for Marvel's Spider-Man on Disney XD.

7a07e515f97438b3910b2cb9076e6cfe38a342ae

The episode, titled "Cloak and Dagger," finds the two heroes at Midtown High with one thing on their mind, revenge. Their target is Midtown benefactor Tiberius Stone and the company Alchemax, which puts them at odds with Superior Spider-Man. It all results in a battle fans can see a bit of in the exclusive video below all whilst listening to Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph talk about playing their characters in Marvel's Spider-Man.

As Olivia Holt pointed out, Cloak & Dagger are looking a bit different in Marvel's Spider-Man than they have in the first 2 seasons of their Freeform series. That's probably because these versions are not technically connected to the same universe as their own show, though the Freeform series does tend to have a bunch of Marvel connections. One thing that hasn't changed is the characters shared want of revenge against the man who tortured them way back when, which Superior Spider-Man is going to prevent if he can help it.