• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill Watterson Letter from 1987

17 posts in this topic

I doubt he'd expect this letter to be offered for $4,000 either...

Probably not, but he also didn't suggest anything around his own responsibilities towards the art he'd get.

Sort of an "I do what I want, you do what I say" type of deal. I wonder if he was taken up on it? I imagine he was.

I doubt he'd expect this letter to be offered for $4,000 either...

Probably not, but he also didn't suggest anything around his own responsibilities towards the art he'd get.

Sort of an "I do what I want, you do what I say" type of deal. I wonder if he was taken up on it? I imagine he was.

That's really funny. I'm betting that if the letter's addressee had asked him to keep the Herriman, Watterson would have been fine with that. Otherwise I imagine him getting the Krazy Kat and then IMMEDIATELY selling it on Heritage. "Ha, sucker!"

Conditions 2 AND 3 are deal killers.

Once the trade is complete, there is no way I would let the former owner dictate what I can do with the art, even if he were the artist.

What if the KK art owner stipulated that the KK art was not to be traded or sold AND had to be donated to the University of Michigan?

I doubt if the trade went through.

Cheers!

N.