• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 CGC Registry Awards - the countdown begins!
1 1

64 posts in this topic

On 3/5/2017 at 4:48 AM, newshane said:

I'm excited. :whee:

Until I lose every year.

How 'bout some love CGC?

Spawn regular series

Spawn complete

Even if I do lose, I really enjoy looking at the remarkable sets put forth each year by the competition. But it does seem as if fewer people care. Some people have complained about the methodology used in judging sets. I dunno. I just don't get it. Maybe CGC should hype it up a bit more? Either way, I'm pumped. A number of collectors have really stepped up their game in regards to presentation. Anxious to browse through the winning sets. :popcorn:

Awesome Spawn collections (worship)

I also just noticed that during the last year some crazy dude succeeded in getting the best Savage Tales magazine set - and it took him 8 years! :whatthe:

Savage Tales - The Barbarian Master Set

:whistle:

On ‎04‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:31 AM, Rune said:

Awesome Spawn collections (worship)

I also just noticed that during the last year some crazy dude succeeded in getting the best Savage Tales magazine set - and it took him 8 years! :whatthe:

Savage Tales - The Barbarian Master Set

:whistle:

Your Savage Tales set is a true thing of beauty. Man am I jealous.

On 5/19/2017 at 4:02 PM, Lethal_Collector said:

I don't recall, do they give out an award for the best custom set?  

It'd be a cool idea if the winning custom set became a competitive set as a reward.

Jerome

they give out one custom set winner-  im trying to find out if a custom set can also be eligible to win best presented set-   there should be 3 custom set awards- since there is 3 for the rest of the major awards....("its a major award")

16 minutes ago, MrWalkingDead said:

they give out one custom set winner-  im trying to find out if a custom set can also be eligible to win best presented set-   there should be 3 custom set awards- since there is 3 for the rest of the major awards....("its a major award")

Cool, thanks for the info!

Jerome

• Administrator
On 5/22/2017 at 3:56 PM, MrWalkingDead said:

Custom Sets are eligible to win a Best Presented award.

7 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

That's all you get for all the time, hard work and mounds of cash spent is a piece of paper that says Congrats with your name on it?  

If your collection is really outstanding (best in age) then you get a very nice looking plaque, a certificate, and a free year's membership with the CGC...and you get a nice little medal next to your name on the registry list. :)

imageproxy.php.jpg

Edited by newshane

44 minutes ago, newshane said:

If your collection is really outstanding (best in age) then you get a very nice looking plaque, a certificate, and a free year's membership with the CGC...and you get a nice little medal next to your name on the registry list. :)

imageproxy.php.jpg

That is awesome!  Congrats buddy!  That's an excellent award package CGC hands out. <3 

Jerome