• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 CGC Registry Awards - the countdown begins!
1 1

64 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Brando- said:

Best Presented Sets
comic_best_presented2017.gif

Brandon Shepherd - My Introduction to Comic Collecting - Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return)

Don’t worry, Brandon Shepherd, we won’t turn you away like the Black Lighting was in the SNL skit. We think that your Superman (Doomsday Death Funeral Return) Set is turning into something special! Keep up the good work and thanks for the walk down memory lane.

This took me completely by surprise! I'm so honored to receive a Best Presentation award. This is the second time I have been surprised, I got my first one in 2009 for my Action Comics set. I found out about my first one on a CGC newsletter that had been out for a week or so. 

My friend Rune broke the news to me on my journal thread, it was a great thing to find out after coming home from work on a Friday!

Congratulations to my friends Rune and Zabra for their awards. I would also like to extended  my congratulations to all the other winners this year!

Congrats buddy! :golfclap:

Best Presented Sets

comic_best_presented2017.gif

labratnotincluded  -  Wolverine (1988)

I want to thank the fine folks at CGC for this special recognition.  It is a fantastic feeling to win such a prestigious citation out of the tens of thousands of sets competing for a handful of awards.  I love this hobby and the people that have found their passion in collecting such a noble art form.   Special thanks to my fellow Wolverine(1988) set holders for the occasional banter and discussions (Mattn792, Frostking, Tooch81, Jimmy Mint, MattK3447).  A huge shout-out to Gemma and Mollie for all their timely help when I needed it! CGC is the BEST!