• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The timeless battle... MARVEL vs. DC, vote !

Which?  

381 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

28 posts in this topic

I'd say Marvel in silver and bronze, but D.C. from copper on. My personal cut-off is the intro of the Beyonder...took me a while to realize, but I was buying Marvel on momentum but truly getting my enjoyment from Titans, Justice League, Blue Beetle, Ostrander's Suicide Squad, Peter David's Aquaman, etc.

GA - DC

Atom Age - Atlas / Marvel

SA - Marvel

BA (early to mid 70s) - DC

BA (mid to late 70s ) - Marvel

Copper - DC

Modern (90s) - DC

Modern (00s to current ) - about even

Timely had better covers in the war years, but DC better stories in the GA, especially in the late 40s. Atlas' 1950s output was more interesting than DC's for the most part, but there are exceptions. SA DC books have their charm, but Marvel was where it was at. DC topped Marvel in the early BA, but I generally lose interest in both after around 1974, until DC started it's pre-Vertigo and Elseworlds titles in the late copper era. In the last 20 years both have put out the interesting title now and then, though I give DC an edge over Marvel. For the most part I find the output of both boring.

GA Marvel/Timely is brutal to read,although the covers were great...but I got to give it to DC.

SA...Marvel,hands down,same with Atlas for the Atomic age.

BA...have to say a tie.

Copper...have to go Marvel as it was my first love in the eighties to early nineties.

Modern....bleah..don't care,sorry.

A couple of years ago I would have voted Marvel. But at the moment DC is putting the better books out there. (Never though that afte collecting for over 30 years I would switch from Marvel to DC). For now it is BOTH.

Movies... Marvel

TV series... DC

DC.

Grew up in the 90s on Batman: The Animated Series. I enjoyed the Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons (and even WildCATS) but to me, Batman's still the best. :)

That said, Scarlett Johansson's portrayal in The Avengers (2012) movie turned me into a huge Black Widow fan and is what paved the way to me reading American comics. :)