• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hmmm...where's Mitch's yearly mega post?

65 posts in this topic

Isn't it about that time of year...? hm

Please listen to this music as you mull this question over... :D

The music is a poor choice, I think. Jaws would be more appropriate and less ...political. (tsk)

Just because you don't appreciate great movie score's...Like I do... :acclaim:

Besides, that music fits the benign quality of Mitch's posts...

Sure I do...like Dimitri Tiomkin's score for Red River and anything by John Barrie. :banana:

One of my favorite movies, but I'll be darned if I can remember the music. hm

Gives me an excuse to watch it again! :D

This may help

and the other guy was John Barry. I spelled it wrong the first time. And, of course, I also like music by John Williams. I also like the Exodus theme but I think it has very political connections.

Red River, Rio Grande, Rio Bravo...who can keep track of all those rivers John Wayne made movies about... :o

Not sure if I saw one of his threads before and were just to "outside" to get it but seeing the comments above along with that quote it sounds like a real show stopper of a thread. :grin:

Here's his last one without the pics...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=9083666&Searchpage=1&Main=397862&Words=Mmehdy+Mmehdy&topic=0&Search=true#Post9083666

Please listen to this music as you mull this question over... :D

The music is a poor choice, I think. Jaws would be more appropriate and less ...political. (tsk)

Just because you don't appreciate great movie score's...Like I do... :acclaim:

Besides, that music fits the benign quality of Mitch's posts...

Sure I do...like Dimitri Tiomkin's score for Red River and anything by John Barrie. :banana:

One of my favorite movies, but I'll be darned if I can remember the music. hm

Gives me an excuse to watch it again! :D

This may help

and the other guy was John Barry. I spelled it wrong the first time. And, of course, I also like music by John Williams. I also like the Exodus theme but I think it has very political connections.

Red River, Rio Grande, Rio Bravo...who can keep track of all those rivers John Wayne made movies about... :o

Forgot Rio Lobo

Not sure if I saw one of his threads before and were just to "outside" to get it but seeing the comments above along with that quote it sounds like a real show stopper of a thread. :grin:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=15&Number=9083666&Searchpage=1&Main=397862&Words=Mmehdy+Mmehdy&topic=0&Search=true#Post9083666

Ok. That was some introduction to a thread.

(thumbs u

?

I think I'm outside the joke.

What is the yearly mega post all about?

Not a joke, Mitch's annual manifestos were a cross between The World According to Garp and Shakespeare's King Lear. (Mitch, if you're reading this, ...just kiddin')

Seriously, you had to be there, but if you do a search of archived threads I'm pretty sure your mind will be expanded exponentially by the experience. :grin:

Yep, that's where I'd put Mitch's writing - right between John Irving and Bill Shakespeare.

Or maybe between Bill Irving and John Shakespeare. hm

lol

People may scoff, but Mitch's "MANN UP" has rightfully entered the vernacular.

?

I think I'm outside the joke.

What is the yearly mega post all about?

Not a joke, Mitch's annual manifestos were a cross between The World According to Garp and Shakespeare's King Lear. (Mitch, if you're reading this, ...just kiddin')

Seriously, you had to be there, but if you do a search of archived threads I'm pretty sure your mind will be expanded exponentially by the experience. :grin:

Yep, that's where I'd put Mitch's writing - right between John Irving and Bill Shakespeare.

Or maybe between Bill Irving and John Shakespeare. hm

lol

People may scoff, but Mitch's "MANN UP" has rightfully entered the vernacular.

Yep, his coining of the word MANNUP was *ahem* somewhat influential. :blush:

Ok. That was some introduction to a thread.

(thumbs u

A more formal introduction requires Mr. Peabody's Way-back Machine. Are you strapped in? Here goes...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4948450&fpart=1

literally bustin' up... there is a real poetry to his words, and I only just began reading.

"You felt sorry and confused for the villain the Sub Mariner and his love for Sue Storm in the early FF’s, or felt the total evil of Doc Doom and knew in your heart he was the baddest comic book villain of all time."

working on it...very controversial of course......its called the "Litigation" edition..a week away....dont know how long its gonna be up..

So, Mitch, did I pick good music for them to contemplate your return? hm

I like where you're coming from on your dramatic soundtrack . . .

I'm guessing Mitch is still recovering from "Batman v. Superman."

The prognosis for recovering brain cells lost watching a Zack Snyder film is doubtful. Alas, once seen it can't be unseen.

I need a lawyer. I'm suing for being subjected to that during a flight.