• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you rather get? AF 15 or Hulk 1?

58 posts in this topic

While scarcity is important scarcer doesn't mean more valuable. Hulk 1 has not touched af15 values since 1962. Spiderman is far more of a global icon than hulk. Af15 if you can only get one but you definitely would want both if possible.

Yeah, I posted that a little after 5 AM, lol

My meaning was, if you're offered a choice between a nice AF 1 and a Hulk 1 take the Hulk. AF 1 is considerably more common IMO, and another one will be coming around shortly. You gotta grab that Hulk 1 while it's available, and bide your time for the next AF. Of course, if you have a deep wallet the best of all possible worlds is to snag them both.

While scarcity is important scarcer doesn't mean more valuable. Hulk 1 has not touched af15 values since 1962. Spiderman is far more of a global icon than hulk. Af15 if you can only get one but you definitely would want both if possible.

Yeah, I posted that a little after 5 AM, lol

My meaning was, if you're offered a choice between a nice AF 1 and a Hulk 1 take the Hulk. AF 1 is considerably more common IMO, and another one will be coming around shortly. You gotta grab that Hulk 1 while it's available, and bide your time for the next AF. Of course, if you have a deep wallet the best of all possible worlds is to snag them both.

Yes,yes it is..... :cool:

Tough choice for me..... I love ASM but always considered AF 15, except for the cover, to be a fairly lousy comic book..... some of Ditko's poorest work. The Hulk 1 is much more inspired. With the type of money involved, however, I'd still have to consider the AF 15...... but it would be one of the rare books that I would likely leave in the slab.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FF #1, but between these two choices AF #15. They don't get much more key than those two, for a big Marvel fan.

Love FF #1!

:cloud9:

I don't have my GPA active at the moment and correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I remember this is true up to a point, but Hulk 1 surpasses AF 15 when you get into the higher grades.

That being said, I agree with your post and I too would go for the AF 15!

(thumbs u

Sold my AF15 last year, but have recently started buying Hulks again. So, if I had that much $$$ to throw around, today it'd be Hulk 1. But I'd like to have another AF15 again someday. So basically...my answer is worthless.

AF 15 is the 3rd most important comic book of all time without argument, so of course AF 15 trumps Hulk 1.

However always, always, always buy what makes you happy or the characters you enjoy the most first before anything!

Hulk #1 is still a monster (non pun intended) of a book though!

These sorts of threads always pop up and the reason why you are buying is most important. If you're buying what you like that should be an easy decision.

Like some, I was never really a Spidey collector so while I like the appeal of Spider-man, I like the appeal of tough books more. And I love the Hulk, who made every Silver Age crossover memorable for me.

If you're buying for holding value, Spidey has made his way into the top tier of characters and if AF #15 crashes it would only be because the hobby is crashing.

But if you're looking for run-up value, Hulk #1 has lagged behind books like AF #15 and Showcase #4 and other keys, which have had huge movie bumps lately and I think Hulk #1 is due for another rise (as I speculated in the Hulk #1 thread in the SA forum), especially because all of the Planet Hulk movie buzz floating around over the last few months.

I used to believe movie buzz was a myth (and early on it may have been, for those of us who were SA collectors before the Marvel Movie Universe was formed) and I'm not a fan of it but iit has come to be something real.

It's all going to depend on why you're buying.

+1 I think most of the top 15 silver age keys are going to keep value , like you said above I think if prices start crashing the hobby is crashing.

I would take the AF #15 I already have the hulk. Its hard to pull the trigger on AF #15 most mid grade prices have almost doubled since 2013 . I dont want a crash maybe just a little pullback, Please.