• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 SET EXPANSION REQUEST
8 8

564 posts in this topic

• Administrator
11 hours ago, newshane said:

Mollie:

I noticed that Spawn 102 German Edition / Sketch Edition was added to the regular "Spawn" set.

That set was created for issues released in the regular series "Spawn" title published and released in the United States. Foreign editions, newsstand editions, one-shots, anniversary editions, mini-series relating to Spawn, fan editions, toy editions, and other "off-shoots" were to be placed in the "Spawn (Complete)" registry set. At least that was the understanding that your predecessor had with me and several other collectors who were arguing about which comics were and were not to be added under the only existing Spawn set at the time. That is the reason why two Spawn sets even exist - one for the legacy numbered books and official Image variants and a different one for everything under the sun related to the character.

I think that the comic should be moved from the "Spawn" set to the "Spawn (Complete)" set because it is a foreign edition that was actually released a period of time after Spawn 102. As a foreign edition, it is not consistently numbered with the monthly Image title released on this side of the globe. I think any serious Spawn collector would agree. Would you please make the change in order to maintain the integrity of both sets?

Thanks for all you do,

:martini:

-Shane

PS - if you end up making the change, it might be time to update the series as well. The following books would be appropriate to add to both Spawn sets. I'm taking these directly from the label so there won't be a discrepancy between the label and the registry. Serial number and date of publication follow. All from Image Comics.

Spawn 267 - 0303126016 - 11/16

Spawn 267 Sketch Cover - 0303126019 - 11/16

Spawn 268 - 0305370010 - 12/16

Spawn 268 Sketch Cover - 0305370013 - 12/16

Spawn 269 - 1217109025 - 1/17

Spawn 269 Variant Cover - 0309819015 - 1/17

Spawn 270 - 1218539012 - 2/17

Spawn 270 Variant Cover - 1218539014 - 2/17

Spawn 271 - 1222013014 - 3/17

Spawn 271 Variant Cover - 1222013013 - 3/17

I have moved the Spawn 102 German Edition / Sketch Edition to the Spawn (Complete) Set and I have added your requests to the set expansions list. 

Best-

1 hour ago, TheGirlHasNoName said:

All requests for set expansions will be fulfilled in time to add books before the Registry Awards cut off. Currently, the scores are not updating properly in our member's sets, so I am just waiting for the problem to be rectified until I resume with the updates. Your request was one of the most recent and I fulfill in the order in which they were received. I will, hopefully, get to your request soon.

Thank you!

Hi Mollie!

Could you please bring these sets current?

Amazing Spider-Man (2015)
Batman (Rebirth- 2016)

In addition, could you please add a slot for Amazing Spider-Man 24 Jusko Variant Cover (17 in census) to the Amazing Spider-Man (2015) set?

Thank you!!

Hi Mollie-

To the 'John Tyler Christopher Covers' set, please add:

Darth Maul (2017) #1 Action Figure Variant Cover

Darth Maul (2017) #1 Action Figure Variant Cover B

Darth Maul (2017) #1 Wonderworld Comics Edition

Star Wars (2015) #18-#30 Action Figure Variants

Star Wars: The Force Awakens Adaptation #5

Action Figure Variant Cover

And also:

To the 'Batman/Superman' set, please add

Batman/Superman #18 Variant cover

Thanks!

On 6/10/2017 at 10:13 AM, MrWalkingDead said:

Mollie- will you please add

Image Firsts: Walking Dead #1 3/17 Version 

To the Walking Dead with Variant set-

-and will you take out the Survivor Guides 1-4-

thank you!

Molly,

Will you please disregard this Survivors' Guide removal request from the WD Complete with Variants set?  No one else objected to them being in there since my initial request over two months ago to add them (please feel free to look back over the past few pages for verification).  There are at least two sets in the registry (mine being one of them) that I know of with these books having already been added in them so clearly I am not alone in wanting them in there (check out the #1 and #2 sets).  

I'm open to discussion on this on the forum if necessary.  Thank you and I appreciate all of your help with the registry.

Ryan

Molly- please do NOT disregard my request about the survivor books being taken out of the set.  They do not move the story along- (as i was told 3 years ago by Ryan who shut me down on having them added to the set)

Ive also noticed a trend in Sensei Ryans request to add books the Walking Dead set-  when he didn't have the Hyundai book- we took it out of the set to suit his needs- when the Hyundai book was re-added, we changed the points to suit his needs-  He told me to MY FACE that these survivor books dont belong (i agreed)- now he has them and wants them added-  it seems that the books we add are contingent to what Ryan has at the time-  I still oppose them being in the set-   im just confused about this change of heart- these books have been around for yearS-- i'll accept any decision CGC makes-   ( i did email the requester privately with my concerns 3 months ago and there was no response)(there was also no one that rejected my request to take them off on this particular forum)
thanks- 

Mr Walking Dead

2 hours ago, MrWalkingDead said:

Molly- please do NOT disregard my request about the survivor books being taken out of the set.  They do not move the story along- (as i was told 3 years ago by Ryan who shut me down on having them added to the set)

Ive also noticed a trend in Sensei Ryans request to add books the Walking Dead set-  when he didn't have the Hyundai book- we took it out of the set to suit his needs- when the Hyundai book was re-added, we changed the points to suit his needs-  He told me to MY FACE that these survivor books dont belong (i agreed)- now he has them and wants them added-  it seems that the books we add are contingent to what Ryan has at the time-  I still oppose them being in the set-   im just confused about this change of heart- these books have been around for yearS-- i'll accept any decision CGC makes-   ( i did email the requester privately with my concerns 3 months ago and there was no response)(there was also no one that rejected my request to take them off on this particular forum)
thanks- 

Mr Walking Dead

Molly,

I apologize for Cyrus (MrWalkingDead) making this seem like a personal thing.  If you read my posts above, you'll see I have not taken this course of action and it's very disappointing to hear this come from a friend.  Cyrus sold me his Survivors' Guide set and agreed within the deal to support my request to have them added but as soon as the deal was done he never fulfilled that request (which was why I am so confused by his desire to remove them) so I honestly do not know where the animosity is coming from as I consider him a friend and meant no disrespect by asking that his request be disregarded.  If you feel they should be removed, please go ahead and do so but I think they should be in the set.  Since the Survivors' Guides contain story content, I am fine and would like them to be in there.  I know that my set and the #2 set has them currently registered in there, so it seems like I'm not the only one who minds them being in the set.  I'll respect the decision you make on them no matter what it is.  Thank you again for your help with the monumental task of running this registry and for keeping it fun for all of us.

Ryan

Hi Mollie!

Could you please add the following books to the following sets?

Batman (Rebirth- 2016)

Batman 21 Sketch Cover (3 in census)

Mighty Thor (2016)

Mighty Thor 17 (3 in census)  
Mighty Thor 18 (5 in census)
Mighty Thor 18 Variant Edition (1 in census)
True Believers: Mighty Thor 1 (2 in census)

Thanks as always!!

Hi Mollie-

I notice that 'DC Comics Essentials: Batman Hush #1' was added to 'Batman #608-#619' set, after an expansion request from someone.

In a similar fashion, would it be possible to add:

'DC Comics Essentials: Batman Year One Special #1' to the 'Batman #404-#407'set'?

(it reprints Batman #404)

Thanks-

• Administrator
On 6/14/2017 at 0:22 PM, Lookin4Newsstands said:

Hi Mollie-

I notice that 'DC Comics Essentials: Batman Hush #1' was added to 'Batman #608-#619' set, after an expansion request from someone.

In a similar fashion, would it be possible to add:

'DC Comics Essentials: Batman Year One Special #1' to the 'Batman #404-#407'set'?

(it reprints Batman #404)

Thanks-

Do you have a certification number for this one?

• Administrator

Hello Everyone!

I'm sorry that I could not respond to each of your requests individually to let you know when everything was up... As you know, the Registry Scoring was wonky there for a bit and I was unable to make updates. After we were back online, I recruited a few old friends of the Registry to get all the updates up before the cut-off. So, I believe that all were taken care of, but I wanted to double check...

Have all requests been fulfilled for Set Expansions at this time?

If not, please send me a private message with a link to your request and I will fulfill it ASAP.

Best-

Hi Mollie

Would you please add these books to the Vengeance of Vampirella set:

Set: Vengeance of Vampirella

Book: Vengeance of Vampirella #16 Variant Cover

Certification Number: 0314616024

Book: Vengeance of Vampirella #17 Variant Cover

Certification Number: 1218657018

Book: Vengeance of Vampirella #18 Variant Cover

Certification Number: 1218657020

Book: Vengeance of Vampirella #19 Variant Cover

Certification Number: 1218657022

Book: Vengeance of Vampirella #25 Lee Variant Cover

Certification Number: 1218658005

Book: Vengeance of Vampirella #25 Gold Logo Edition 

Certification Number: 1218658004

Book: Vengeance of Vampirella #25 Preview Ash Can Edition

Certification Number: 1218656025

Book: Vengeance of Vampirella #5 Mini-Comic (Supplement to Wizard Magazine #55)

Certification Number: 1218658006

Thanks - Mike

Mollie,

Could you please update the Invincible set to include the following.

Set: Invincible

Book:

Invincible 133 Variant 

Invincible 133 Image MegaBox Variant

Invinicble 135 Variant

Thank you.

Edited by Phillip