• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where do you read?

39 posts in this topic

I do the majority of my reading in bed before I sleep for the night.

Anyone else do the same?

In bed, after waking up, because I've found that I then have a much stronger attention span.

....+1, and I'm less likely to fall asleep

I read almost everything digitally so can read just about anywhere. I actually prefer my office once the wife and kids have gone to sleep. I'm one of those people that needs a good dose of daily isolation. On occasion I'll read on my iPhone in bed but it usually puts me to sleep.

I  personally love reading in two different chairs:

My office chair: ergonomically designed, fully padded arm-rests, leather, etc.

One of those metal folding chairs, you know the kind I'm talking about. For some odd reason they provide the right kind of support for my back and I can sit and read in one of those puppies for hours.

Also I would like to have a swivel recliner for the reading purpose.

Edited by roccodunhamm

On 1/7/2017 at 5:51 AM, Ken Aldred said:

In bed, after waking up, because I've found that I then have a much stronger attention span.

+1......also, my eyesight seems stronger in the morning  ???

I lay on the carpet floor in the basement or else read on the couch near my shelves. When I’m done, I grade my books, add quick notes on the back of the backing board regarding price paid and estimated value, then I file it away.

Edited by comicginger1789

On 1/7/2017 at 9:28 AM, Brian48 said:

Mostly on the can these days.

There. I said it.

Hahahaha. I hope you read digital...

Regardless, I’m not buying any raws from you... I can almost see the grading team at CGC scratching their heads: “the book was published in September but it already has off-white pages?!”

The only way reading should be enjoyed.  First I slip on my silk and satin burgundy paisley smoking jacket, walk to my absurdly cherry wood paneled and book cased, high ceiling library filled with unknown tomes I've never read (nor intend on) and fill a cherry and black wooden curved pipe with sweet tobacco but never light it.  Then I set that pipe down on my salvaged mahogany wood end table and fill a low ball tumbler with some Four Roses poured on the rocks from a pretentiously ornate crystal decanter hidden in a globe and set that down next to the seemingly superfluous pipe on the end table.  I call out for Alexa to play Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture or something from Hans Zimmer on my dolby atmos HiFi.  I then sink comfortably into my magenta leather brass nail tufted high wing-back chair and ottoman in front of a low lit Gothic fireplace of grotesque proportions.  I carefully select the latest high grade issue in the run of Silver age ASM I'm currently on (#20 or was it #24?) from the shortbox at the foot of the ottoman and deftly remove it from the crisp Gerber mylites2 w/fullback and settle in for a nice read under the soft white yellowish glow of the end table lamp perched just below the pallid bust of Poe.  I take a couple of sips from the low ball glass, set it down, wipe the condensation on my jacket, delicately grasp and open the supple comic cover as the nostalgic scent of recycled newsprint gently assaults my olfactory sensors and slowly allow myself to become submerged into the panels and dialogue of the Ditko art.

There's simply no other way.:cloud9: