• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help me choose my Lowry "Best of 2016" pieces!

21 posts in this topic

As I did in 2015, I had a lot of great pieces enter my collection in 2016. Which while a good thing overall, it makes it a bad thing when trying to choose my 5 best pieces of the year. I have four chosen, but I can't decide on the last one. So, as I did last year, I'm asking for your help. Check what I obtained in 2016 and post your response here of what one piece of mine you think should be included, along with a brief note on why you think it should be. This will help me to narrow down what should and shouldn't be there. I appreciate the help (and hope it's a little bit of fun for you, as well). Here you go, I'm interested to see what you choose:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=170550

Great pieces, James! Tough choices, especially with so many great interior pages.

I really like the action on the Amalgam title splash from Assassins. Nice piece of nostalgia. And a stunning Vampirella piece by Tex!

Thanks, Joshua. :)

Although, I have to say, I found it somewhat "ironically humorous" that you made such a point about the panel pages, then chose something that wasn't one of. ;)

The Cloak and Dagger piece stood out to me. You had an awesome 2016! (worship)

Thanks, Charles. :cool:

It was a great year. Better than I expected it to be. Just makes me a bit apprehensive about what this year will do, though. It's always tough to keep topping yourself year after year. ;)

Great pieces, James! Tough choices, especially with so many great interior pages.

I really like the action on the Amalgam title splash from Assassins. Nice piece of nostalgia. And a stunning Vampirella piece by Tex!

Although, I have to say, I found it somewhat "ironically humorous" that you made such a point about the panel pages, then chose something that wasn't one of. ;)

:grin: Too hard to pick one out of that bunch. I don't envy your decision there.

:grin: Too hard to pick one out of that bunch. I don't envy your decision there.

Oh, c'mon, Joshua. Surely you can pick out one you like best. Pretend I was giving them away and would let you have one. Which would you choose? :)

I like the Assassins piece best! That vamp and the Cloak piece are pretty great too!

Thanks Gurneyx. :cool:

I should probably say now, to everyone, that the Vampirella, Cloak & Dagger, and Assassins pieces were already chosen in the four I have already picked out. Given the replies so far, it seems pretty obvious they would clearly be in the standing. So, what piece would choose, without those in the mix? I'm curious to know. :)

In the incident that you were giving me one besides those 3, I'd go with the FF 321 page. Can't turn down a good Thing/Hulk page!

Thanks Charles. :)

Yeah, I even noted in the description that most folks would never turn down a Hulk vs. Thing page. Which, of course, I myself couldn't either. ;)

I would say if i had to choose any of the other it would be the Polaris pin up. I really like that page as well!

Thanks Gurneyx. (thumbs u

I was really surprised I was able to get that one. Those Swimsuit Issue pages tend to get pricey, but I got a real bargain on that one. ;)

Oh, c'mon, Joshua. Surely you can pick out one you like best. Pretend I was giving them away and would let you have one. Which would you choose? :)

Fine, if you're going to back me into a corner :grin:

While I've always loved Paul Ryan's work, it's hard to pass up a Hulk/Thing slug fest!

Fine, if you're going to back me into a corner :grin:

While I've always loved Paul Ryan's work, it's hard to pass up a Hulk/Thing slug fest!

See, was that so hard? :jokealert:

Thanks for your input, again. So far, it's looking like the classic Hulk vs. Thing page is leading. I guess everyone loves a good slobber-knocker. ;)

I know it's not OA, but I pick the Darkhawk #33 Letter's Page. You wrote a letter and it got published....super cool!

Not exactly sure what category that would go under, since it isn't original art. So, that one isn't in the running. (shrug)