• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What current series are under appreciated?

62 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Letter #44. 

About 5 of us are reading it and it's still great.

Patrick

The art killed that book for a lot of people who initially thought the book had potential if I recall.

So many comics have great writing and unappealing art which kills them.  Comics is a visual medium and the art is important and unfortunately Letter #44 didn't stand a chance.

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

OH HELLLLLLLLLLLL  YEAH!!!

Just noticed that ARCH gave me a title!

Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves.  Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves.  ALI BABA AND THE 40 THIEVES.

Patrick

:banana:

2 hours ago, the authority said:

Redline #1 from Oni was a very good 1st issue. Now I'm not suggesting that you should rush out and buy more than one but if you like to read the the occasional non superheroey type book, you might like this story. It isn't overly original but it looks fun.  Oni puts out Letter 44, which is liked by more than a few of us on these boards. They also put out Helheim a few years back which featured some extremely cool Joelle Jones artwork. 

lol

One of us is stalking the other's new book purchases - this is literally the next new book on my stack of 'to reads.'

Action Comics

Nightwing

Two of the best series Rebirth has to offer.

Maybe Outcast as well, it's been solid the past 10 or so issues. Most people dropped it becaues they got in for the spec but it's a solid read if you like the supernatural / occult stuff.

6 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

lol

One of us is stalking the other's new book purchases - this is literally the next new book on my stack of 'to reads.'

Haha ! We usually like the same stuff. Inevitable that we'd be on the same page from time to time. lol

6 hours ago, Couchy81 said:

Action Comics

Nightwing

Two of the best series Rebirth has to offer.

Maybe Outcast as well, it's been solid the past 10 or so issues. Most people dropped it becaues they got in for the spec but it's a solid read if you like the supernatural / occult stuff.

Outcast is good and the reaction from collectors is weird imo. It went from ultra hot to ice cold. I have a feeling you'll see a resurgence in interest in this series in the near future. 

3 hours ago, the authority said:

Outcast is good and the reaction from collectors is weird imo. It went from ultra hot to ice cold. I have a feeling you'll see a resurgence in interest in this series in the near future. 

Everyone wanted it to be the walking dead, the same for wytches. I haven't seen the outcast show but the run has been terrific so far!

6 hours ago, Chadwick said:

Everyone wanted it to be the walking dead, the same for wytches. I haven't seen the outcast show but the run has been terrific so far!

I've been looking for something to fill the (Vertigo) Hellblazer void for a good while now - Outcast, Wytches, Chin Music, none of them have fit the bill.

I might try Outcast again in trade, but for the most part, it seemed a real by the numbers type of story throughout the four issues that I'd read. I was also annoyed by Kirkman's writing in the back matter where he tried to argue the possible for demonic possession. Give me a break Kirkman, why don't you argue the possible for zombies next in the back of Walking Dead?

8 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Another fantastic book is Frostbite. 

Great story and killer art. 

To me, by far the best Big Two book out there.

Patrick

Just picked up the first few issues of Frostbite so glad to hear; it def looked like it's in my wheelhouse.

just read the first arc of The Beauty and it's better than I anticipated.

letter 44 and Outcast are on my pull list but I'm really behind on both :p

15 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Another fantastic book is Frostbite. 

Great story and killer art. 

To me, by far the best Big Two book out there.

Patrick

I wasn't even aware of this book, somehow flew under my radar. Thanks for mentioning it, I'm going to check it out (thumbsu

On 1/6/2017 at 10:01 PM, Mercury Man said:

Daredevil. But I am pretty sure Marvel is working on a way to replace him with a Transgender Ethiopian and that will be that.

Hilarious. 

A book I am enjoying is Eclipse. 

Edited by Comic Closet