• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,701 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

They just keep piling up...a lot of natives seemed to get shot with arrows while holding some girl...

30341950647_12aa152e63_c.jpg

That one's gotta hurt. Over the precipice she goes.

Funny how all three of them shop at the same jungle-wear discount store.

Wow, from this week's edition of Scoop, it looks like Metro just sold this Church copy of a HTF Jumbo 11 for $24K:

What an absolutely gorgeous copy with eye-popping colors and the next highest graded copy being a VF 8.0.  :luhv:

Never could understand why Overstreet still hasn't gotten around to breaking this issue out from the run as it is definitely another one of these classic Fine covers from my own personal point of view.  Probably one of the reasons why you hardly ever see one in the marketplace as it is a definite keeper if you are lucky enough to have one in your personal collection.  (thumbsu

20 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Wow, from this week's edition of Scoop, it looks like Metro just sold this Church copy of a HTF Jumbo 11 for $24K:

What an absolutely gorgeous copy with eye-popping colors and the next highest graded copy being a VF 8.0.  :luhv:

Never could understand why Overstreet still hasn't gotten around to breaking this issue out from the run as it is definitely another one of these classic Fine covers from my own personal point of view.  Probably one of the reasons why you hardly ever see one in the marketplace as it is a definite keeper if you are lucky enough to have one in your personal collection.  (thumbsu

Mine ain't Mile High, but one of my favorite Jumbos  :x  Love the ads in it too.

comjumbo11a.jpg

comjumbo11b.jpg

58 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Mine ain't Mile High, but one of my favorite Jumbos  :x  Love the ads in it too.

comjumbo11a.jpg

comjumbo11b.jpg

Wow. Just imagine being a kid, reading Jumbo Comics #11, and turning to the last page of this issue, seeing these ads for Jungle, Fight, and Planet, some of the most iconic covers of the whole Fiction House pantheon. The temptation to scrape together another 3 dimes to buy these new comics would have been irresistible. Or, if money was tight, at least convince your best pals to each buy one of the comics and then swap them around.

Interestingly, some say that the cover of Jumbo #11 was meant to be used for Planet #1, but for whatever reason, it didn't happen.

On 10/13/2018 at 5:38 PM, lou_fine said:

24k seems cheap for this book.  Unbelievable colors.