• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,701 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I think John Cullen Murphy (of Prince Valiant fame) did the comic strip version of this pug's adventures.

Murphy co-created Big Ben Bolt. I don't recall that there was a newspaper version of Kayo Kirby.

Classic Comics Press ran a single volume collection of the strip before suspending it - https://www.classiccomicspress.com/products/john-cullen-murphys-big-ben-bolt

20 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Last year I had a total of 17 FH comics.  Now there are 50.  When will the madness end?  You can see the new, expanded album at this link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48237384@N08/albums/72157699575771561

purty books!!

hadn't thought about it, but between jumbo 9-50, closing in on wings 1-20, and a few random books, i've got a decent little pile of 'em as well.  

Edited by Straw-Man

Great group shots Danny! Friction House is sure addicting. Glad I started a LONG time ago. Other than Planet, I like to say I have all the ones I really want then one of those early ones or a great cover I overlooked comes up and I'm back on them. It's a wonderful addiction!

21 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

th anks, sir.   truth be told, i add to the collection by virtue of the kindness of boardies--90% of the pick-ups come from a p.m. heads-up from a bud who knows how i geek over 'em.  

Yeah I tried to help you but the dork who has the book had ideas of grandeur as to its value.  But I still keep my eyes open for you.   The one I pointed out on eBay some time ago, you already had ready for the grab.  Really cool collection, BP.