• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,701 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, buttock said:

As the consigner I think you could have bid a couple more times.  Congrats!  The 15 is incredibly tough with those colors, and still remains highest graded at 6.5.

Were you the consignor on both the books?  I'm just so thrilled to have them.

And as an aside, before anyone says anything, yes, if I can afford those books I should be able to afford a scanner that shows them in their true light.  Working on it.  :)

22 hours ago, dannyboy said:

Did I pay too much?  Yes.  Do I care?  No.

Scan 477.jpeg

This 15 is a stunner. Rarely see this issue and yours has superb colors. I always like FH issues that show real landmarks in the background, raises their cool factor 👍🏻.

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:

Whitman worked for Charlton so probably him re-using his earlier drawing.

Didn't catch that. Thanks. I was more focused on the gorilla losing the gun and the guy dropping the bandolier, presumably because of the Code but the spear remained. On some Atlas covers, the spears have been edited out. It's interesting to see how adapting to the Code evolved over time trying to figure out what is or isn't OK in the art.