• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,726 posts in this topic

Two FH books that have earned mythical status are Planet 15 and Jumbo 31. Looking at Census stats tonight, the Planet 15 surprisingly has three times as many copies slabbed as does Jumbo 31 (25 to 8).

Personally I think the Planet 15 is the cooler book (though I’ve never owned one), but there’s something about the Jumbo 31 that continues to captivate me (full disclosure, I own the Census topper at 7.5). 

I dont know what it is that keeps me thinking about these two books... hm

9 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Two FH books that have earned mythical status are Planet 15 and Jumbo 31. Looking at Census stats tonight, the Planet 15 surprisingly has three times as many copies slabbed as does Jumbo 31 (25 to 8).

Personally I think the Planet 15 is the cooler book (though I’ve never owned one), but there’s something about the Jumbo 31 that continues to captivate me (full disclosure, I own the Census topper at 7.5). 

because both books are tough with incredible art maybe :smile:

On 3/22/2019 at 1:04 AM, sacentaur said:

Both books are super cool.  I too give the edge to Planet 15, but that’s more because I hold Sci-Fi in much higher esteem than jungle adventure.  Both are awesome though. 

The question for me is why has Planet 15 earned mythical status while books like 14 and 6 which are arguably just as tough, have not?

30 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I never noticed this cover before... impulse buy! The GGA cover is lovely; love the lady of course, but also the inking on the native, a cool use of shadows. The orange background is unusually nice and deep.

jungle45.jpg.c37fe230ee1a599ad19fdd69b2ec30f1.jpg

Great looking book! Poor Ann Mason in another awkward predicament. 😬

And another great cover by the great Rafael Astarita. My favorite Astarita Jungle cover is #47:

FB782613-CF8F-4AEC-9AEB-5F86F924E39F.jpeg.feaaa68ddaf2228e9679f1feb0dc3d04.jpeg

(not my copy)