• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,742 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Picked this up yesterday. Really wasn’t expecting it or looking for it. But it just landed in my lap. I’m still a little star eyed. 

How can anyone pay crazy prices for SA when the amazing talent of Lou Fine can be yours instead? (shrug)

64168EC4-19D7-47AB-AE48-968C36CA1DAF.jpeg

Oh my.  That is beautiful.  You don't see Jungle 1's in the raw so that's even cooler.  The details on the lion are inspired.  I have a hard time looking at anything else.  Congrats!

On 6/29/2019 at 9:11 PM, dannyboy said:

Oh my.  That is beautiful.  You don't see Jungle 1's in the raw so that's even cooler.

+1. From Bill Black's AC Comics "Good Girl Art Quarterly" centerfold. Probably Theakston-ized unless the original cover art still exists:

sqnDJrn.jpg

On 6/29/2019 at 4:22 PM, Robot Man said:

Picked this up yesterday. Really wasn’t expecting it or looking for it. But it just landed in my lap. I’m still a little star eyed. 

How can anyone pay crazy prices for SA when the amazing talent of Lou Fine can be yours instead? (shrug)

64168EC4-19D7-47AB-AE48-968C36CA1DAF.jpeg

Spectacular! We the FH minions demand a splash page or two!!

On 7/20/2019 at 8:48 PM, szav said:

And got this one from a boardie raw as a 3.5... my favorite Ghost, maybe my favorite cover babe in all of GA comics  too, Whitman sure knew how to draw a nice set of legs...

Ghost4cgc35.jpg

Great cover as we know :headbang:

On 7/22/2019 at 10:36 AM, kelholt said:

Recent addition to my FH pile. One of my favorite non-Zolnerowich Jungle covers. Nice colors on this one compared to what I have seen  👍🏻

24927E14-86FC-449D-A5D8-2DEA97A0E0A6.jpeg.f66dd45f05189224d2e17a3842fb71db.jpeg

I picked up mine years ago and do love that cover also :luhv:

On 2/10/2019 at 8:43 AM, Straw-Man said:

a random one...

mile high f.s. in h'tage auction currently, but it's soooo ordinary,

wings87.jpg

Kind of reminds of those coloring books they used to have (and maybe still do) where you used a wet paintbrush to bring out the colors embedded in the paper. hm

On 7/20/2019 at 8:42 PM, szav said:

Ran out of comic money for a while so haven't been able to spam this thread much lately...not the best color strike, but did find this one locally raw and cheap though, which is always worth celebrating!

Wings101cgc9.jpg

On this one, I always liked the little touch of her right shoe flying off. 

On 6/21/2019 at 4:03 PM, szav said:
On 6/21/2019 at 3:25 PM, MrBedrock said:

New Hampshire?

Sure looks like it except why the extra scribble over the horses head?... back cover damage will keep it at a 6.5 but it sure is pretty anyway.

Send 'er in to get the new ped slab!

28 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Send 'er in to get the new ped slab!

Sent it in 2 weeks before the announcement.  I emailed and asked them if they could label it as the NH copy please as they were going to be holding the book hostage for another 50 business days, event sent my picture of it raw to them to show it had the markings and make it easy for them...it took 3 back and forth emails explaining to their CS that I hadn't marked it on the submission form because the online system didn't let me prior to the announcement.  At any rate, they said they would put a note on for the graders to look at it once they got it...crossing my fingers!

34 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

On this one, I always liked the little touch of her right shoe flying off. 

Never noticed that before...always thought she was running away from the incoming blast, but now I see she's about to get thrown over the edge with that truck. Seems much more dynamic now.   Amazing how another glance at a book you've looked at 100s of times can give you a new feel for it.

48 minutes ago, gunsmokin said:

Just arrived today! First EVER Matt Baker published art.:x

4D208936-F7E1-4CE0-B9D4-3BF93B2E7E5D.jpeg

Congrats!...Cat may be out of the bag on this as Bakers first work...been looking for a high grade copy for a long time but it’s been hard to find even in low to mid grade.