• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,726 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Robot Man said:

This one just arrived from it's long trip across the world to the junk pile.Thanks so much Andrew!

Jungle #4. Not sure which US issue this cover comes from. I haven't had time to go through the Friction House boxes yet but know I have seen it before.

Interesting book. A little taller than the US versions. I have to stagger backing boards to protect it. Also only 28 pages in b/w. Readers down under got cheated a little I guess. I have a few of these Australian FH books and always fun to get. I don't collect many foreign GA comics unless they are in English or are variants of US versions. I actually like to read them. Will be interesting if the contents match up with the US one.

Cool book!

Glad you like it Bob. The 28 pages for sixpence = a nickel is about the same value as 52 pages for dime, if you can ignore the black and white thing. And the size of Australian reprints varies quite a bit. They shrank to US size and even a bit smaller as the run went on.

I didn’t realize that a sixpence was only a nickel. That makes sense now. I actually don’t mind the b/w interior. Really pops the beautiful line work. Will be interesting to compare the two versions. Just got to get into the FH boxes. Although I’m not sure of the US number, I’m pretty sure I have it. 

21 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Fiction House thread on page 3?!? What gives! :ohnoez:

Let's roll with this jungle love, courtesy of a well-known boardie:

Jungle_11.thumb.jpg.820a6f4de1e279014b88746226d7332f.jpg

One of the all-time greatest cover IMO! Something about that Zolnerowich guy.

On 11/22/2019 at 3:42 AM, Robot Man said:

I didn’t realize that a sixpence was only a nickel. That makes sense now. I actually don’t mind the b/w interior. Really pops the beautiful line work. Will be interesting to compare the two versions. Just got to get into the FH boxes. Although I’m not sure of the US number, I’m pretty sure I have it. 

Hi Bob, the cover is from #127 but don't expect the cover and contents to necessarily line up! It's not unusual to find stories from several different issues and sometimes none will correspond to the US cover.

This book isn't too off-kilter though. The first two stories are from #127 and the third Tabu story is from #116.

2 hours ago, mwotka said:

Love Fletcher Hanks!  Just got a Jungle 3 last month with a great Charles Sultan cover. Here is the Fantomah story from it. And a bonus splash from the Camilla story, from an artist I haven't heard of.

Jungle 3 Fantomah 6.jpg

"Crime doesn't seem to pay!"  LOL  The dialogue in these just slays me...

30 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

"Crime doesn't seem to pay!"  LOL  The dialogue in these just slays me...

Yes, there are some real clunkers there. Those Fantomah stories are just terrible - she has the power to do, well, anything, so nothing can have any suspense. Bad guys have bizarre plan to do something - Fantomah wills against them. They lose, the end.

5 minutes ago, AJD said:

Yes, there are some real clunkers there. Those Fantomah stories are just terrible - she has the power to do, well, anything, so nothing can have any suspense. Bad guys have bizarre plan to do something - Fantomah wills against them. They lose, the end.

Sometimes I wonder why the Walking Dead TV show doesn't take more of that kind of simple approach...lol

1 hour ago, AJD said:

But she's just so BIZARRE! Different strokes I guess.I love her.So much!

I think I actually first discovered,learned of Fiction House from reading a story of hers here.Reprints her first appearance?

617ol-RNhEL._SY445_.jpg

Learned a lot from Ace comics.Fiction House is still hens teeth in these parts

Edited by porcupine48