• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,701 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Miamiknight3434 said:

ill jump jump in guys if you don't mind.  I need to find a 14 one of these days

20200310_074911.thumb.jpg.d0f064606673712bd2259fe47d3b6312.jpg

20200418_055600.jpg

1 hour ago, Miamiknight3434 said:

Here is another tough one as well

20200208_142726.jpg

Nice books Ivan! That Jungle 1 looks sharp!

1 hour ago, comicnoir said:

The FH orange has been a topic of discussion here before and it remains a mystery. Seems like the inks were unstable and could fade on their own. Later FH didn't have these properties and it's well known they changed printers. That 9.0 is a treasure and would get premium I'm sure.

Oh the premium has already been paid.  Believe me.  :)  Thank you for the thoughts.

2 hours ago, dannyboy said:

I see the Rockford Rangers 26 is on HA this week...and looking at it got me to thinking about the color variations on FH books in general and this issue in particular.  I'm attaching a picture of my 2 copies of this issue and of course, while I love the red of my 9.0 copy, my question is how is it possible these books all came from the same print run?  I get that colors fade over time, but this seems extreme.  Would appreciate any thoughts from the FH experts in the house.

IMG_4726.jpg

There was some pretty good discussion of the color differences in the “old” Planet thread.

17 hours ago, dannyboy said:

I see the Rockford Rangers 26 is on HA this week...and looking at it got me to thinking about the color variations on FH books in general and this issue in particular.  I'm attaching a picture of my 2 copies of this issue and of course, while I love the red of my 9.0 copy, my question is how is it possible these books all came from the same print run?  I get that colors fade over time, but this seems extreme.  Would appreciate any thoughts from the FH experts in the house.

IMG_4726.jpg

The Rockford Rangers is mine, so feel free to thrill bid or pick up a third copy. 

I was always under the impression that they rolled off of the presses that way. The initial copies got the best color, then as one of the colors in the mix ran out, the colors got lighter and lighter. Guessing here, but it's likely that that red is a mix of multiple other colors. Take one ink out of the mix and you get the Fiction House Orange. I don't think it's (generally) fading or unstable inks. 

FH ran a notoriously cheap/slipshod operation, so not shocked they didn't care much what the colors looked like.