• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,701 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, mwotka said:

There were some interesting auctions on eBay a few weeks back, with what looked like an estate seller/buyer unloading a bunch of "original owner" books from the "estate of an only child who held onto all of his childhood belongings for 72 years."   The veracity of this story aside, there were a bunch of FH books, mainly Rangers Fight and Wings, and most went for a hefty price.  I was able to score a few, curious if any of you were able to get any.  Colors are very nice, and despite the seller's poor packaging I'm thrilled to have them.  

wings fight.jpg

Sadly (for me), I had no knowledge about the auction until after the fact. Those are some very pretty Fiction Houses you got there! 

12 hours ago, mwotka said:

There were some interesting auctions on eBay a few weeks back, with what looked like an estate seller/buyer unloading a bunch of "original owner" books from the "estate of an only child who held onto all of his childhood belongings for 72 years."   The veracity of this story aside, there were a bunch of FH books, mainly Rangers Fight and Wings, and most went for a hefty price.  I was able to score a few, curious if any of you were able to get any.  Colors are very nice, and despite the seller's poor packaging I'm thrilled to have them.  

wings fight.jpg

Nice scores!

Yeah, a nice group. I am always wary of auctions like that on eBay especially ones with no returns. Luckily, I had all of those because I was tempted. 

There are still stash’s of GA out in the world still un-discovered. 

On 5/9/2020 at 3:45 PM, Miamiknight3434 said:

@dannyboy (worship) thank you for showing us these early Jungles they are excellent examples of the greatness of Fiction house.  

Here is my contribution to thread. special thanks to @Eddy707 for holding this one these for me.

20200509_181121.jpg

Awesome books!  And yet another example of a book printed early in the run and the other later in the run.  I'm learning that FH reds are pretty rare animals.

Ok, here are some earlier Rangers.  I do apologize that I don't have a scanner and have to take pics by hand.  And before anyone mentions it, I KNOW that busting these beautiful books free of their cases would get ride of the glare.  Don't even say it. :foryou:  I will say that I have enough raw FH books to keep me busy.

DSC_0195.JPG

39 minutes ago, dannyboy said:

Ok, here are some earlier Rangers.  I do apologize that I don't have a scanner and have to take pics by hand.  And before anyone mentions it, I KNOW that busting these beautiful books free of their cases would get ride of the glare.  Don't even say it. :foryou:  I will say that I have enough raw FH books to keep me busy.

DSC_0195.JPG

Impressive!  8 and 10 are both tougher issues.

4 hours ago, dannyboy said:

Awesome books!  And yet another example of a book printed early in the run and the other later in the run.  I'm learning that FH reds are pretty rare animals.

It's not just the reds, all the other colors are weaker.