• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,726 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2020 at 10:53 AM, Robot Man said:
On 5/5/2020 at 10:14 PM, mwotka said:

There were some interesting auctions on eBay a few weeks back, with what looked like an estate seller/buyer unloading a bunch of "original owner" books from the "estate of an only child who held onto all of his childhood belongings for 72 years."   The veracity of this story aside, there were a bunch of FH books, mainly Rangers Fight and Wings, and most went for a hefty price.  I was able to score a few, curious if any of you were able to get any.  Colors are very nice, and despite the seller's poor packaging I'm thrilled to have them.  

wings fight.jpg

Nice scores!

Yeah, a nice group. I am always wary of auctions like that on eBay especially ones with no returns. Luckily, I had all of those because I was tempted. 

There are still stash’s of GA out in the world still un-discovered. 

Aren't they obliged to accept returns, whatever they may say in their TOS?

But, like you, I steer clear of auctions where I have suspicions about undisclosed condition or restoration problems. Too many reputable places to throw away my dough to take risks. But glad that this one turned out ok for @mwotka

On 5/15/2020 at 9:05 PM, Spyder! said:

Recent arrival.  Jumbo Comics 22, another great Zolnerowich cover. 

5637B646-0FFF-468B-B64F-B1AB473C2170.jpeg

But, but, the gorilla comes in peace! He’s bearing flowers! :insane:

Totally fab book!!